PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 31

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:41 pm      Post subject: Looking for Info on Hohenbirken Ancestors

I am trying to find the date/place of the wedding of Gregor Drozdzok and Magdalena Kapuścik (Kapusczik), who may have been married in Hohenbirken in Upper Silesia before 1849. Any other relevant information about them would be great. I am also looking for the wedding date/place of George Mandrish and Johanna Buron, who may have been married in Hohenbirken before 1876. These two sets of folks are 3rd Gr. Grandparents. Any relevant information about them would also be great.
Thanks,
Brian Paul Kaess
Send e-mail
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 684

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:51 am      Post subject: Re: Looking for Info on Hohenbirken Ancestors

briankaess wrote:
I am trying to find the date/place of the wedding of Gregor Drozdzok and Magdalena Kapuścik (Kapusczik), who may have been married in Hohenbirken in Upper Silesia before 1849. Any other relevant information about them would be great. I am also looking for the wedding date/place of George Mandrish and Johanna Buron, who may have been married in Hohenbirken before 1876. These two sets of folks are 3rd Gr. Grandparents. Any relevant information about them would also be great.
Thanks,
Brian Paul Kaess

Hi,
Can you give us something more? For example, birth/wedding information about the children of the two couples.

Regards,
-Barb
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:13 am      Post subject:

Hello again,
I have now spoken to someone who knows quite a bit about the area you are interested in. It seems that you contacted him a few days ago as well, and have received help. Unfortunately, I don't think any of us on the Forum can do more. But anyway, without seeing what you already know, it will be hard to help.
-Barb
briankaess

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:34 am      Post subject: Reply to BarbOslo

Marianna Mandrisch was born Oct 15 1849 in Hohenbirken. She had siblings Karoline, Jadwiga (Hedwig), and Johanna. They were all children of George Mandrish and Johanna Buron- not sure if that was all of them. I also found out Gregor Drozdzok and Magdalena Kapuścik (Kapusczik) were married Nov 24 1846 in Pogrzebin- he 23 y/o, she a virgin at 28 y/o. Their son Franz Drosdzok was born Sep 24 1849 in Hohenbirken (Brzezie). One sibling Karolina.
Send e-mail
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:40 am      Post subject:

Thanks. I got this information from the person I contacted.
-Barb
briankaess

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:25 am      Post subject: Reply to BarbOslo

Is there any way you could get birth date/place info on the siblings? Just wondering.
Send e-mail
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:11 am      Post subject: Re: Reply to BarbOslo

briankaess wrote:
Is there any way you could get birth date/place info on the siblings? Just wondering.

I am working on the case. I sent an email to the archive in the Katowice department of Raciborz, but it takes time for them to reply.

-Barb
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:59 am      Post subject: Re: Reply to BarbOslo

BarbOslo wrote:
briankaess wrote:

I am working on the case. I sent an email to the archive in the Katowice department of Raciborz, but it takes time for them to reply.

-Barb

Hello,
Good news! I have ordered 3 documents from Archives in Katowice. I'll get these on Monday at the latest. Let's hope we are given more information.

-Barb
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:22 pm      Post subject:

Hello Brian,
What do you know about Magdalena and Gregor Drozdzok. What documents do you have?
Do you have the exact date of death for the two of them and daughter Marianna.
Regards,
- Barb
briankaess

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:14 pm      Post subject: Reply to BarbOslo

Gregor's name is also Grzegorz Drożdżok. He married Magdalena Kapusczik (Kapuścik) on 24 November 1846 in Pogrzebin. I do not have the exact date of Death, just the year. 1879 for Magdalena and 1877 for Gregor, both in Hohenbirken. No documents. She was 28 y/o at time of marriage, Gregor was 23 y/o. They are my 3rd Great Grandparents. This is similar to my initial post. Would like to share info with you.
Brian
Send e-mail
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:27 pm      Post subject: Re: Reply to BarbOslo

briankaess wrote:
Gregor's name is also Grzegorz Drożdżok. He married Magdalena Kapusczik (Kapuścik) on 24 November 1846 in Pogrzebin. I do not have the exact date of Death, just the year. 1879 for Magdalena and 1877 for Gregor, both in Hohenbirken. No documents. She was 28 y/o at time of marriage, Gregor was 23 y/o. They are my 3rd Great Grandparents. This is similar to my initial post. Would like to share info with you.
Brian

Hi,
I have ordered three death records from the State Archives in Katowice / Raciborz.
Gregor Drosczok, 1877
Magdalena Drozdzok, 1879
Drozdzok Marianna, 1907
Will have a look at it tonight and will send it to you later.

-Barb
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:02 pm      Post subject: Re: Reply to BarbOslo

briankaess wrote:
Brian

Hallo again,
This is what I was able to read in these death records. Michael can certainly help with a complete translation.

Gregor Drosczok died at the age of 52, on April 29th, 1877 in Pogwizdow, Catholic, a son of unknown parents, he was born in Pogwizdow.

Magdalena Drozdzok nee Kapuscik died at the age of 61, on December 15th, 1879 in Brzezie, Catholic, a daughter of deceased parents, Pawel and unknown mother, she was born in Brzezie, a widow of Gregor.

Marianna Drozdzok nee Mandrisch, died at the age 58, on September 21st, 1907 in Brzezie, Catholic, a daughter of Georg Mandrisch and Johanna nee Buron, she was born in Brzezie, she left her husband Franz.

Regards,
-Barb
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:03 pm      Post subject:

The file was too large. Can send by e-mail.
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:04 pm      Post subject:

Brian, I need your email to send you the documents. Do you need these?
-Barb
briankaess

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:02 pm      Post subject: Reply to BarbOslo

Yes, I could use them. my email is [email protected]
Brian
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next Page 1 of 2

Jump to: