PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 23

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:24 am      Post subject: Mlawa Archives

I need to ask if someone in Poland would do me a huge favor and make a call to the Mlawa Archives and ask if they have Notary records from the late 1700s. The online sources list that they have notary records beginning in 1809 through 1950s but it was mentioned to me that they actually have a fairly large batch of these records from the late 1700s - starting in something like 1792? I'm hoping someone will call for me to confirm. I'm looking for notary records for the villages of Zakrzewo Wielki, Zaleze, Pobodze, Dlugokaty K, and some other villages. I have emailed Mlawa Archives but did not get a reply and I'm hoping someone here will help.

The phone number for Mlawa Archives is 23 654 33 09.

To anyone willing to help, I thank you!

Michelle
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1464

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:59 am      Post subject:

Michelle,

Only two days ago (on Monday) I was with our guests in the Mlawa archives. If you could show on the google maps which towns exactly are you interested in that would help. E.g. there are two Zakrzewo Wielkie near Mlawa: https://goo.gl/maps/CHtAvF7CD352 .

I find the Pobodze, Zaleze and Dlugokaty near Mlawa. So the only question is about the Zakrzewo Wielkie

Best
Send e-mail
Mzaleska

Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:44 am      Post subject: Mlawa Archives

Thank you Zenon. The Zakrzewo Wielkie I'm interested in is the one near Grzebsk. On the map you sent, it's the one at the top of the map.

If you know of other records in the Mlawa Archives that I would be interested in, I'd appreciate it if you would let me know about them. I read that they have mortgage and lease records also. One of my ancestors was a "dzierzawa possessor w Pobodze" in the early 1820s, so I think there may be records of this. But at the moment, I'm hoping they have notary records for the 1790s.

Thank you again.

Michelle
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1464

Post Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:27 am      Post subject:

Michelle,

I am focused now on preparation to my next genealogy tour. But on Monday I will try to make a call to the Mlawa Archives.

Best,

Last edited by Zenon on Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Send e-mail
Mzaleska

Post Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:04 am      Post subject: Mlawa Archives

That will be so helpful, thank you. If they tell you the notary records start in 1807-1809ish, would you mind asking if they would physically take a look - because someone who was at the archives said she saw late 1790s notary records. I think she said they were filed by notary. They aren't listed anywhere. Since I'm told that many of the Mlawa records were destroyed i.e., court records, these notary records are my last hope of finding something about my ancestors.

Have a good tour and thanks again,
Michelle
aleksanderz
PolishOrigins Team

Post Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:37 am      Post subject:

Hello Michelle, Zenon asked me to handle this for him. As all our guides during the tour season, he has a lot on his plate right now Smile

I have called the State Archives in Mława to ask them about potential notary records from late XVIII century.

They are not aware of such records in their possession. Indeed, the earliest records they "officially" have, start in 1809.

However, they suggested that the records you have heard about might be located in some of the mortgage records. Sometimes additional documents were attached to a certain mortgage entry, notary records among them. These attachments are usually not indexed so one needs to check the book by himself to discover the attachment.

The notary records are grouped according to which notary office issued them. The oldest notary records in Mława Archives are in the collection no. 196, the notary office of Tadeusz Krajewski: https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/76/196/0/?q=akt+notarialny+XARCHro:76&rpp=100&wynik=310&rpp=100&page=4#tabZespol

The collection no. 468 has mortgages from Mława area, but its catalogue is not available online. https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/76/468/0/?q=hipoteka+XTYPEro:zesp+XARCHro:76&wynik=4&rpp=15&page=1#tabZespol

It was not possible for them to check these records on the go, an inquiry should be filed. I would recommend starting with mortgages.

Was this the email address at which you contacted the archives earlier: [email protected]?
Mzaleska

Post Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:34 am      Post subject: Mlawa Archives

Thank you Aleksanderz. At least I know now. What do you think they mean by "officially"?

I'll look into the mortgage records - there's a good possibility something could be there. Thanks very much for the links.

I appreciate your help!

Michelle
aleksanderz
PolishOrigins Team

Post Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:49 am      Post subject:

The "officially" was my annotation, the person who I spoke with just did not know anything about notary records from before 1809 being stored in the Archive.

If there are any, they are not listed.
Mzaleska

Post Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:05 am      Post subject: Mlawa Archives

OK, thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: