PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 63

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:13 pm      Post subject: Transatlantic cruise and then tour Poland!

Hello,
I wanted to share perhaps a different way to get to Poland. We did this in 2014 and will do it again next spring. Go on a transatlantic cruise. Now, I will admit this is probably only practical for those with lots of vacation time or those who are retired. Here is how we did it:

2014- took the NCL Star from Miami to Copenhagen- stops in Azores, England, Sweden, and the Copenhagen. We flew on Norwegian Airlines to Krakow- very easy and inexpensive. We then took AirBerlin back home.

2016- we are taking the RCL Vision of the Seas from Tampa to Barcelona. We found a $53 pp flight on Norwegian Airlines to Warsaw. We will rent a car and then make our way to ancestral villages and other cities in Eastern Poland. We have a $426 pp flight back to Ohio from Warsaw. BTW- the cruise is $479 pp. It takes a lot of research to get things to work out. I recommend going to Poland in May as the weather is pretty nice, school is still in session and you have quite a bit of daylight. We found that the fall trip was nice, but the lack of "travel light" has an impact.

Good luck!
Donna

Jump to: