PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 370

Post Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:49 pm      Post subject: Galacia question, Latin records, Military husband

On Facebook, in the Polish Genealogy page, we have a fascinating "problem" going on. One of our members has found that an ancestor was married and apparently away in the military. While he is listed as being in the military and the husband of the wife, she had three children that were marked illegitimate. Father was not listed. Again, the woman is listed as the wife of George, but no father of the children is listed in three cases and those three children are listed at illegitimate.

One child, I can understand. But three? Not that it couldn't happen, I suppose, but I guess I find it unlikely that the husband would have continued to live with her later and had children with her.

Could it have been possible they were his children, but since he was not there when they were born, the priest wrote illegitimate? I know we've discussed when you've found a deceased father, and it is written in the documents. Just wondering about this.

Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated. Here's the timeline:

5 Jun 1836 - Marriage of Georgius ROJKO (18 years old) and Eva SZOSTAK (20 years old)
23 May 1843 - Birth of Epiphanius - illegitimate
14 Dec 1843 - Death of Epiphanius (7 months old) - illegitimate
15 Feb 1845 - Birth of Marina - illegitimate
12 Dec 1845 - Death of Marina (10 months old) - illegitimate
3 July 1847 - Birth & death of stillborn baby boy - illegitimate
15 Sep 1848 - Birth of Catharina - legitimate
16 Sep 1848 - Death of Catharina (1 day old) - legitimate
2 Apr 1852 - Birth of Eudocia - legitimate
13 Nov 1854 - Death of the mother and wife, Eva (38 years old)

If you are on FB, this is the discussion. You can see a Latin document. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1504247599897225&set=gm.10154292879823266&type=3&theater
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research Resources, Tools & Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: