PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Russian records translations
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 236, 237, 238  Next
Author
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:47 am      Post subject: Russian records translations

Here is the place where you can upload scan or picture file of your ancestors church record handwritten in the old Cyrillic Russian with request of translation it into English.

If you are a member the PolishOrigins all you have to do is:

1. Click on 'postreply' button at the top or the bottom of the page (see attached print screen).

2. Scroll down to the 'Add an Attachment' section.

3. Click 'Browse' or 'Choose your file' button there, find your picture file with record to translate in your local computer disk, and finally click the 'Add Attachment' button.

Your file will upload in a few moments and will be visible in your post after you click on 'Submit' button.

You can also add a comment to your request for translation in the 'Message body' field above the 'Add an Attachment' section.

Important: size of files can't be larger than 2 MB. (You can read more about adding files to messages in our Forum here: http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?p=373#373 )

Added in Jan 2014
We have a big request to you please cut and upload only the parts of document you ask to be translated instead of whole large pages. This way you will make our volunteers translators job easier to their tired eyes. They will have larger resolution of the scans and will not have to waste their time for searching the part of the record you are interested in.

To edit scan/picture files you can use one of the many desktop softwares (like MS Office Picture Manager or freeware Irfanview http://www.irfanview.com/ ) or free online services (like http://pixlr.com/editor/ or http://www.freeonlinephotoeditor.com/ ).

If you want to pay back to translators and pay forward to the whole community see also the announcements: Indexation of Translations and Donations for translations.

how_to_post_reply_in_a_given_thread.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  56.25 KB
 Viewed:  29489 Time(s)

how_to_post_reply_in_a_given_thread.jpg

Last edited by Zenon on Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:39 am; edited 9 times in total
Send e-mail
susan

Replies: 8

Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:12 pm      Post subject: Russian translation

Frampol baptismal record

scan0004.jpg
 Description:
1896 Serafin Wietnik
 Filesize:  803.4 KB

scan0004.jpg

03.1.jpg
 Description:
1898 Zofia Wietnik
 Filesize:  1011.34 KB
 Viewed:  29492 Time(s)

03.1.jpg

BobK
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 231

Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:55 pm      Post subject: Emilia Krampitz - 1893

Her church record, in Russian as they did in Lipno during the late 1800's

Thanks in advance!
Bob K.

Emilia.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  334.78 KB

Emilia.jpg

Send e-mail
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 961

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:28 pm      Post subject: Russian Translation, Serafin Wietnik

No. 127
Framlok
Serafin Wietnik.

This ocurred in the posad [suburb or small village] of Framlok on 3/15 November 1896, at 5:00 pm, there appeared in person Karol Wietnik, 26 years of age, a weaver residing in the posad of Framlok, in the presence of Adam Filipovicz, 27 years of age, and Stanislaw Krawczik, 27 years of age, farmers residing in the posad of Framlock, and presented to us an infant of the male gender, declaring that he was born in the posad of Framlok on 1/14 November of this year at 1:00 PM of his legal wife Weronika nee Oszust [or Oszustow], 25 years of age. The child was given the rite of Holy Baptism on that day by priest Jozef Ziszkewicz and given the name of Serafin, one name in honor of St. Serafin. Sponsors were Stanislaw Krawczik and Ludwig Myar [?]. This act was read aloud to the witnesses, who are illiterate, and then it was signed only by priest Ziszkewicz, who compiled this act of civil registry.

No. 80
Framlok
Wietnik, Zofia

Registry of Civil Acts

This occurred in the posad of Framlok on 28 July/9 August 1898, at 4:00 PM, there appeared in person Karol Wietnik, 28 years of age, a weaver residing in Framlok, in the presence of Wojczek [unclear - Gatew?], 30 years of age, church servitor, and Waclaw Myar [?], 28 years of age, a weaver, both residents of the posad of Framlok, and presented to us an infant of the female gender, declaring that she was born in the posad of Framlok today at 10:00 AM, of his legal wife Weronika Oszust [or Oszustow], 29 years of age. This infant was baptized on this date by us and given the name Zofia. Godparents were Waclaw Myar [?] and Julianna Jaselska. This act was read aloud to the witnesses, who are illiterate, and signed only by me. Priest Wojczek Rogowski compiled this act of civil registry.
susan

Replies: 8

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:24 pm      Post subject: Thank you, Richard

I am most appreciative for these translations.
Kathy Olson

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:04 am      Post subject: Marriage Record translation

Copy of 1906 marriage record from church in Czerniejow.

BrydaMarriage.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  978.78 KB
 Viewed:  29488 Time(s)

BrydaMarriage.JPG

Zenon

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:39 am      Post subject: Re: Marriage Record translation

Kathy Olson wrote:
Copy of 1906 marriage record from church in Czerniejow.

Welcome Kathy,

Do you want to share with us your findings or maybe to ask for something .... Question
Send e-mail
Kathy Olson

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:10 pm      Post subject: Marriage Record translation

I don't post on blogs very much, so my apologies if I wasn't very clear.
I was hoping that someone could give me a clue as to the information that's contained in the marriage record. I was able to figure out my grandmother and grandfather, and their parents names (although I am unsure about what the family name would be if my great-grandmother is listed as "Stepniow".) I'm particularly interested in whether it lists where my grandmother was born, since I could not find a baptismal record for her in the records in Czerniejow.
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:50 am      Post subject: Marriage of Michal Bien and Katerzyna Bryda

Apologies for the delay, I had a senior moment there Embarassed :

Seal is of clergy. No. 175, 10, Czerniejow, Michael Bien with Katarzyna Bryda.

This occurred in the village of Czerniejow on 29 August/11 September 1906 at 6:00 PM. We declare that in the presence of witnesses Lavrentii (Wawrzyniec) Nedzwjadka, age 33 and Josef Palycki, age 50, both peasant farmers in Czerniejow residing, on this date there was concluded the religious rite of marital union between Michael Bien, age 21, single, a peasant serving in the folwark (farm village) of Bykhavka, resident of Bykhavka parish, born in Voli Galenzowska parish, Targowsko Krasnostavski uezd (district), son of the deceased Wawrzyniec and Marianna nee Skodzylas Bien, legally married, and Katarzyna Bryda, age 19 years and residing with her parents, residents of Czerniejow and born in Zhabivol (?) parish of Krenzhnitsa, daughter of Michal and Antonina nee Stepniow Bryda, legally married peasant farmers. This marriage was preceded by the thrice declared banns of marriage published simultaneously in the local Czerniejow and Bykhavka parish churches on 6th/19th, 13/26th August and 20 August/2 September of this year. Permission for the bride to marry was given personally to the witnesses by the parents, orally, before the wedding. The newlyweds declare that no prenuptual contract was concluded. Religious rite of marriage conducted by the undersigned administrator. This act was read aloud to the newlyweds and witnesses, who are illiterate and signed only by me.

Administrator, Registrar of Civil Acts of Czerniejow Parish, Priest Ludwig Gera.

Pleasse let me know if you have any questions.

Ryszard
Kathy Olson

Post Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:51 pm      Post subject:

Ryszard,
Thank you for the translation. I have a book by Professor Jonathan Shea that helps with translating Russian documents into English, and I was able to translate some of it myself, but certainly not all of it.
The book is most helpful when it comes to the Polish names. He lists how Polish sounds and letters were generally translated into the Cyrillic alphabet. For instance, based on the translation, I think the parish where my grandmother was baptized is Kreznica Jara, which is not very far from Czerniejów. I ordered microfilms from there through the local Mormon church, and found what I think is my great-grandmother's baptismal record. It lists that she is from Zabiawola, which today is Zabia Wola. I won't know for sure until I get the rest of the microfilms and actually find my grandmother's baptism record. I hope I'm on the right track.
I have my grandmother's three brothers baptismal records also. The handwriting isn't as clear, so it's been harder for me to translate using the book. I can upload one if you would like to give it a try.
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:07 pm      Post subject: Jonathan Shea's excellent book

Hello, Kathy,

As I said in the private email, Shea's book is excellent, and he and Fred Hoffman are two of the best Slavic translators around. I am happy to look at any other records that you or others may have. You can post them on this forum, or send them to me privately if you prefer.

Thanks to all of you who have requested translations.

Richard
Zenon

Post Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:53 am      Post subject:

Kathy Olson wrote:
I have a book by Professor Jonathan Shea that helps with translating Russian documents into English, and I was able to translate some of it myself, but certainly not all of it.

The book is most helpful when it comes to the Polish names. He lists how Polish sounds and letters were generally translated into the Cyrillic alphabet.

Staripolak64 wrote:
As I said in the private email, Shea's book is excellent, and he and Fred Hoffman are two of the best Slavic translators around.

Kathy, Richard,

Do you mean this two volume book: In Their Words: A Genealogist's Translation Guide to Polish Document Volume 1 and Volume 2 by Jonathan D. Shea, William F. Hoffman Question Or maybe their Following the Paper Trail: A Multilingual Translation Guide Question
Send e-mail
Zenon

Post Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:48 am      Post subject:

Richard confirmed me by email that the books mentioned above are the one he and Kathy recommend as a great help in Russian records translations.

I added them to the list of our recommendations.

Last edited by Zenon on Sat May 29, 2010 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Send e-mail
carolt71

Replies: 63

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:47 pm      Post subject: Translation

This is my grandmother's birth certificates I believe. Could you please translate this into English? Thank you very much for your help! Carol Tamara

Florentyna%20Chmielewska7_edited-1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  856.53 KB
 Viewed:  29492 Time(s)

Florentyna%20Chmielewska7_edited-1.jpg

Send e-mail
BobK
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 231

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:02 pm      Post subject:

Emilia.jpg, posted last September. Wasn't done..

Are translations still going on? or?

Bob
Send e-mail
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 236, 237, 238  Next Page 1 of 238

Jump to: