PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Russian records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 236, 237, 238  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 961

Post Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:31 pm      Post subject:

Preliminary translation of birth register for Florentyna Hmieliewska: Right side is cut off, so some details are not clear.

1894, at ___ hours AM, there appeared personally before me Antoni Hmieliewski, 50 years of age, farmer from Kutsev [Kucew], in the presence of Mikolai Trentowski, age 40 and Maryanna [surname unclear] age 40, both farmers from Kutsev, and presented us with a female infant which they declared had been born in the village of Kutsev on 1/13 June at [cut off] PM, of his legal wife Karolina Trentowska, 22 years of age. At the holy sacrament of baptism conducted by the undersigned, the child was given the name of Florentyna. Godparents were Antoni and Florentyna Trentowski. This act of civil registry was read alowd to the witnesses, who are illiterate. Priest/Father Gregory [cut off]

If you could send me a complete copy, I might be able to fill in some of the blanks.
BobK
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 231

Post Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:47 pm      Post subject:

Many thanks to our Russian Translator Ryszard. He wrote me that my .3 MB posting was too hard to read. I sent him one much larger and he translated that.

The handwritten Cyrillic document for the birth of Emilia Krampitz to a German family near Lipno Poland in 1893 was one that a friend, who reads and writes *printed* Russian, could not handle. She was able to find no more han the names I myself could see in that hard-to-read document.
I now have not only Emilia's birth document, but another possible relative of my great grandmother, having her original surname.

Step by step, one person at a time, the family tree grows another branch.

Thank you again Ryszard

Bob
Send e-mail
carolt71

Replies: 63

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:58 am      Post subject: Translations

Many many thanks for the translation! My word recognition system has been giving me a hard time so I can't make this very long. Thanks again for everything! Carol Tamara
Send e-mail
Kathy Olson

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:26 pm      Post subject: Help with death record translation

Hello Ryszard. This is my great, great grandfather's death record from Kreznica Jara (but he lived in the nearby village of Zabiawola). I've been able to translate some of it, but I hope you can help me with the rest. I don't think it lists his parents names, but it lists his widow, and I think it lists her parents village. But I can't quite translate that.
Thanks to your help, Professor Shea's excellent book, and the LDS microfilm records, I've been able to find my ancestors' names back five generations. It's quite amazing to me, since in late August of 2009 I didn't know anything more than my grandparents names and that they were from near Lublin.

Maciej Stepien death.JPG
 Description:
Maciej Stepien death record
 Filesize:  994.33 KB
 Viewed:  15794 Time(s)

Maciej Stepien death.JPG

Kathy Olson

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:34 pm      Post subject: Maciej Stepien death record translation

Ryszard,
After I posted my document I looked at it and noticed that it's quite dark. So I'm posting a second one that's a bit lighter and may be easier to read.

Maciej Stepien death 2.JPG
 Description:
Lighter Maciej Stepien death record
 Filesize:  387.72 KB
 Viewed:  15793 Time(s)

Maciej Stepien death 2.JPG

bronklimach1

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:08 pm      Post subject:

I have very much enjoyed looking at Richard's wonderful translations, and trust they will continue!
Assuming this to be the case, could I encourage people to post their document images for us all to benefit from seeing them AND the resultant translations?
Many thanks,
Bronwyn.
Send e-mail
BobK
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 231

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:45 pm      Post subject: Re: Emilia Krampitz - 1893

BobK wrote:
Her church record, in Russian as they did in Lipno during the late 1800's

Thanks in advance!
Bob K.

I posted an 1893 birth document of Emilia Krampitz written in Cyrillic back in Sept (see first page, 3d posting). I don't want to post it again as it's been translated.

BUT - I had request, a valid one too, to show the results of the translation of that Russian language document. I've tried deciphering it myself but can't make much of handwritten Russian. I've attempted some other translations of German and Polish documents and being able to compare the original language vs the Englush translation could help learn to read other similar records.

So, go back to page 1, either print the original and this translation below, or open two browser windows and see what you can learn.

Good luck
Bob K.

English translation of Russian Document on page 1, 3d post under "BobK"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Date: 1893
No. 143, Baran[ov].
It occurred in [unclear], on June 27/July 9, 1893, there appeared in
person Ivan Krampits [Krampetz], inhabitant of Baranov, age 49, in the
presence of August Krueger, a [unclear] from Brzezno, age _5, and Gustav
Sonnenberg, farmer from Baranov, age 34, and presented us with a female
infant whom they declared was born in Baranov on June [2o?], at 5:00 AM,
of his legal wife Justina Krueger, 29 years of age. At the sacrament of
Holy Baptism by the undersigned, the infant was given the name of Emilia.
Sponsors were the witnesses and Paulina Sonnenberg. This Act of Civil
Registry was read aloud to the witnesses, who are illiterate and signed by
me, Pastor [unclear].
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notes: Baranov was Barany then, and Barany today. About 9km SW of Lipno
The dual dates are standard, giving Russia's use of the old calendar & the new Europeon one
The "a [unclear] from Brzezno.." August was a farmer, & I'd guess that was the word.
Send e-mail
wisniewski98

Replies: 39

Post Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:43 pm      Post subject:

!895 Marcyan Olszewski from Parish of Sochocin

IMG_2967.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  954.95 KB
 Viewed:  15794 Time(s)

IMG_2967.JPG

wisniewski98

Post Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:45 pm      Post subject:

1892 Jozef Olszewski from Parish of Sochocin.
Help with translation of these two records would be deeply apprecitated. Thank you.

IMG_2980.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  849.7 KB
 Viewed:  15793 Time(s)

IMG_2980.JPG

Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 961

Post Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:15 pm      Post subject: Jozef Olszewski, Sochocin, and Marcyan Olszewski

Here are the translations for both birth records:

No. 89
Rzy

This occurred at the posad [suburb] of Sochocin on 16/28 August, 1892, at 2 PM, there personally appeared Adam Olszewski, [occupation unclear], age 30, residing in Rzy, in the presence of Wojcech Klenkovica, age 41, and Francislaw Klenkovicz, age 36, both farmers residing in Rzy, and presented me with an infant of the male gender, and declaring that the child was born in Rzy on 9/21 of this month, at 6:00 am, of his legal wife Jozefa nee Parulska, 20 years of age, and at the ceremony of holy baptism conducted by priest Stanislaw Zhebrowski [Rzebrowski? or?] the infant was given the name of Jozef. Godparents were Wojcech Klenkowicz and [Anna?] Parulska. This Act of Civil Registry was read to the illiterate witnesses and completed by the undersigned, the Administrator of the Registry of Civil Acts in Sochocin, Priest Stanislaw Zhebrowski.

-#-

Rzy
No. 73

This occurred in the posad [suburb] of Sochocin on 6/18 July 1895 at 5:00 PM, there appeared Adam Olszewski, laborer, 32 years of age, residing in Rzy, in the presence of Stanislaw Klenkowicz, 60, and Jan Dymowsky, 40, both farmers residing at Rzy, and presented us with an infant of the male gender, declaring that he was born in Rzy yesterday at 6:00 AM of his legal wife Jozefa nee Parulska, 21 years of age. At the ceremony of Holy Baptism conducted this date by Priest Antoni Zhebrowski, vicar of the parish of Sochocin, this infant was given the name of Marcyan. Godparents were Konstantin Wiljukowski [not certain of that surname] and Anna Parulska. This act of civil registry was read aloud by us to the illiterate witnesses and signed.

Administrator of the Acts of Civil Registry of Sochocin Parish, Priest Stanislaw Zhebrowski.

-#-

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Ryzsard
wisniewski98

Post Posted: Sat May 15, 2010 5:45 pm      Post subject:

WOW! That was fast. Thank you so much for the translation. Your help is greatly apprecitated!
bronklimach1

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:35 pm      Post subject: Translations for Wisniewski

Thank you again for sharing these translations Smile
Was the document Kathy posted 22 Oct 2009 ever translated? If so I would enjoy seeing it also.
Kind regards,
Bronwyn.
Send e-mail
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:55 am      Post subject:

Brownyn,

You will find the translation of the Kathy's document from Oct 22, 2009 here: http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?p=1252#1252 .
Send e-mail
Stef

Replies: 8

Post Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:41 am      Post subject: POVILONIS-SOSTAKAITES marriage

Thank you in advance for translating this marriage record of my great grandparents!
Stephanie[img][/img]

73[1] Marriage Document.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  166.83 KB
 Viewed:  15792 Time(s)

73[1] Marriage Document.jpeg

KKDill

Replies: 9

Post Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:19 pm      Post subject: Russian translation needed please

I have just registered for this Polish Origins site and hope I am requesting this translation properly. My grandmother was from Lipno and I obtained this birth record from the Berlin Archives and it is in Russian. Would you be able to translate for me?
KKDill
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 236, 237, 238  Next Page 2 of 238

Jump to: