PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Russian records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 184, 185, 186 ... 236, 237, 238  Next
Author

Replies: 164

Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:33 am      Post subject:

Ryszard,
I was wondering if you could translate these 2 records of Rzeszotarski for me, from 1874 and 1875. Tomasz is #21 and Jan is # 109

Thanks again
John

Tomasz Rzeszotarski death 1875 #21.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  858.73 KB
 Viewed:  8691 Time(s)

Tomasz Rzeszotarski death 1875 #21.jpg

Jan Marion Rzeszotarski birth 1874 #109.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  946.17 KB

Jan Marion Rzeszotarski birth 1874 #109.jpg

tkowalska
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 51

Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:51 pm      Post subject: Chrzanowski--please verify whether I translated correctly?

Thank you so much in advance for this kindness. I'm trying to teach myself how to transliterate Polish names and places from the Cyrillic. I haven't yet tackled dates. Would you mind checking my work here on the place of birth, and perhaps provide the date if you have time?

--From Niedziałki, Lipowiec parish: Józef Chrzanowski died on __________ 1889.
--He was married to Albertyna Lendzion
--He was born in Osówka, Zielona parish
--His parents were Jan and Anna

Do you happen to see any other key dates or places I missed?

With gratitude from Tonya

Jozef Chrzanowski death 1889 Niedzialki Lipowiec No103.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.41 KB

Jozef Chrzanowski death 1889 Niedzialki Lipowiec No103.JPG

Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 961

Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:27 am      Post subject:

For Tonya:

Dates are: Report of death was made on 24 November/6 December, 1889, at 10:00 AM. Jozef Chrzanowski died at 12:00 Noon on 22 November/4 December of that same year. You have the other data correct!

Best Regards,
Ryszard
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:55 am      Post subject:

For Lyn1982:

This record is a bit different, it is an adoption!

No. 68,
Janow

Completed in the posad [suburb] Janow on 9/21 August, 1885, at 10:00 AM. Before us, rector and compiler of the registry book of acts of civil registry of Janow Parish appeared Franciszek Pokropinski, householder, age 532, residing in posad Janow, and Juliana nee Napior, by first marriage Zelionka [Zielonka?], now by second marriage Pokropinska, age 78, residing with her husband, and in the presence of Jan Cieszkiewicz, age 40, and Stanislaw Swiderski, age 58, householders residing in posad Janow, and presented us with [the following]: notarized document of 22 October/3 November, 1884, numbered 506, compiled by Prosnysz [?] notary [notarius] Leszko, according to which they adopted their nephew Franz Michael - two names - Maliuchnik [spelling?], age 22 years, son of Jan...

end of page, authenticating signature by Fr. Jozef Grandyszewski

next page, stamp at top for X. L. Czaplinski, with pencil notation of what is probably a page number - 35

and his deceased wife Marianna nee Pokloniska [?] Maliuchnik, legal marriage; he [Franz Michael] is currently completing military service. Also a document executed by Plock/Płock District Justice, dated 26 July/7 August 1885, number 601, and a copy from the Warsaw Judicial Chamber dated 25 June/7 July, 1885, allowing that the above noted adoption, on the basis of Article 324, [Legal Statutes of the ] Kingdom of Poland, year 1825, is to be entered into the Register of Births of Janow Parish.

Therefore, by this [registry entry], we verify/certify the adoption of Franz Michael - two names - Maliuchnik by Franz and Julianna Pokropinski, legal marriage, as expressed in the notarized act of registry dated 22 October/3 November, 1884, under No. 507, compiled by Prosnysz [?] notary Leszko, confirmed by the resolution of the Plock District Judge on 4/16 April, 1885, and by the Warsaw Judicial Chamber, dated 25 June/7 July of that same year compiled. This act of registry is in the name of the law, and we declare that those present for this act by Franz and Julianna nee Napiorowska [Napior] Pokropinski have adopted as their own FRANZ MICHAEL - two names - MALIUCHNIK, single, who will henceforth be known as FRANZ MICHAEL - two names - POKROPINSKI. After this act of registry was completed, those taking part as witnesses have signed below. Julianna Pokropinska states that she is illiterate.

Signatures of:

Rector of Janow parish, registrar of civil acts, Fr. Jozef Grandyszewski
Jan Cieszkiewicz
Stanislaw Swiderski
Franciszek Pokropinski
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:57 am      Post subject:

Sorry, Franciszek Pokropinski's age is 53!
tkowalska
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 51

Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:45 am      Post subject:

Staripolak64 wrote:
For Tonya:

Dates are: Report of death was made on 24 November/6 December, 1889, at 10:00 AM. Jozef Chrzanowski died at 12:00 Noon on 22 November/4 December of that same year. You have the other data correct!

Best Regards,
Ryszard

Ah, I was so confused by the double dates and now I realize they are for the two different calendars. Thanks so much for the help--brilliant!
ossnhughie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 354

Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:47 pm      Post subject: Ryszard I know how busy you are..

Ryszard,

I know how busy you are with translations including a few birth records I still have in your queue. But I had a quick question about just one name on a nobility list from 1844 in Troki.

On the page it is number 402. the last surname on th bottom, does that nmae read as Fronckiewicz or something close to that.

Thanks,

Hugh

Fronckiewicz nobility record 1-page-001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  264.04 KB

Fronckiewicz nobility record 1-page-001.jpg

Send e-mail
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:09 pm      Post subject:

Hugh:

Just for reference, column titles left to right: Number of birth/ surname, name, patrynymic/ number [remainder unclear]/when was record or data compiled/explanation

No. 402, Fronckiewicz 1799, May 4

Jozef
Ignacy
Anton
Yurii/Juryi, all are No. 4, all are sons of Stanislaw
ossnhughie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 354

Post Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:55 pm      Post subject: Ryszard this is the first page that the lists start with

Ryszard,

This is the first page from the book that lists the noble names.

Sincerely,

Hugh

Troki nobility list cover page-page-001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  308.74 KB

Troki nobility list cover page-page-001.jpg

Send e-mail
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:14 pm      Post subject:

Four more, in no particular order or sequence:

No. 99
Karnkowo

Completed in Karnkowo on 7/19 November, 1871, at 5:00 PM. Appeared Michal Nowakowski, age 32, cook, temporary resident in Karnkowo, in the presence of Szymon Zarzycki, coachman, 29, and Kaspar Waśkiewicz, [тракащик - either a footman for the coachman or an innkeeper], age 60, both residents of Karnkowo, and presented us with a male infant, declaring that he was born in Karnkowo on 2/14 of the current month and year at 10:00 AM of his legal wife Jozefa nee Cietkowska, 23 years of age. At holy baptism concluded today by me, the undersigned, The child was given the name of JULIAN LEOPOLD. Godparents were Marian Szablinski and Franciszka Nowakowska. This act read and signed by the declarant and me; the others are illiterate. Administrator of Karnkowo parish registrar of civil acts.

Fr. Smechowski [?]
M. Nowakowski

- # -

Paruszki
No. 10

Completed in the village of Klobja [Kloba?] on 11/23 November, 1891, at 10:00 AM. We declare that in the presence of witnesses Jakob Glowacki, 23, and Bronislaw Lisinski, age 22, both farm journeymen, that concluded today was the religious marital union between JOZEF BŁASYCYZK, age 25, born in Zapustie [spelling?] parish Chocen, and residing in Paruszki, farm journeyman, son of Martin and his wife Marianna nee Kotynska Błaszczyk, legal marriage, farmers; and JOZEFA PIASECKA, single, age 31, born in Lakno [?], parish Chodecz and residing in Paruszki, daughter of Tomasz and his wife Julianna nee Rosińska Piasecka, deceased legal spouses, farmers. The threefold banns of marriage were proclaimed on 27 October/8 November, 3/15 November, and 10/22 November. The newlyweds declare that no prenuptial agreement was concluded between them. Religious ceremony of marriage was concluded by the undersigned administrator of the parish. This act read to the illiterate attendees and signed only by us. Fr. W. Janowski, registrar of civil acts.

- # -

No. 29
Chmiel

Completed in the village of Krzgonow [?] on 20 May/1 June, 1897, at 7:00 PM. We declare that in the presence of witnesses Wojciech Magrit, 26, and Pawel Mlynarski, 24, farmers residing in
Chmiel, that concluded today was the religious marital union between WINCENTY GALANT, single, age 22, born and residing in Chmiel with his parents, son of Szymon and Agnieszka nee Weprzowska [?] Galant, legal marriage, farmers; and FRANCISZKA KAWCZYNSKA, single, age 20, born and residing with her parents in Chmiel, daughter of Kaspar and Marianna nee Siczek Kawcziński [or Kawczyński], farmers. The marriage was preceded by the threefold publication of the banns of marriage, proclaimed in the local parish church on 4, 11, 18 May/16, 23, 30 May of the current year. Permission for the newlyweds to marry was given orally. The newlyweds declare that they concluded no premarital contract. Religious rite of marriage was concluded by local vicar, Fr. Stanislaw Kozyra. This act read to all parties and witnesses and signed only by me. Rector of Krzgonow parish, Fr. Wojciech Wyszkowski [?], registrar of civil acts.

- # -

No. 130
Ksepki

Completed in the village of Lysy [?] on May 21/June 2, 1895, at 3:00 PM. Appeared in person Antoni Olszewski, age 36, farmer re3siding in the village of Ksepki, in the presence of Sweryn Malc/Malts/Maltz, 30, and Jan No_ _ _ ski [?], 24, farmers residing in the village of Ksepki, and presented us with a male infant, declaring that he was born in the village of Ksepki on May 18/30 of the current year at 6:00 PM of his legal wife Julianna nee Dawidczyk, age 37 [?]. At holy baptism completed today by Fr. Lucian Lewandowski, the child was given the name PAULIN. Godparents/sponsors were Marcian Golas and his wife Anna. This act was read aloud to the declarant and witnesses and signed only by us, administrator of Lysensk [Lysy?] parish, registrar of civil acts. Fr. Ludwik Konc
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:21 pm      Post subject:

To all the Good People:

Just to keep you up to date on why Russian translations have been a little slow lately, you will surely understand when you learn that in the last four months alone, I have received 512 requests for translations of Russian documents. Some come from Polish Origins, yet others from numerous individuals and organizations around the world. Almost all of the requests contain statements that all of the requests are of the utmost urgency. I try to comply, but as I grow older, my fingers are less flexible or accurate, so it does take me some time to get these things done. I do try to do Polish Origins requests first, and I will continue to do so. Please be patient.

Best regards and wishes,
Ryszard
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:41 pm      Post subject:

Just a short reminder, a refresher course in reading Russian-language civil records, "acts of civil registry," or "acts of civil completion," or "акты гражданского состояние." These records were compiled by and for bureaucratic government purposes in a somewhat standardized format and language which has come to be called "ordered language" or "command language." That is, language as was ordered by the Czar or his representatives. This was an attempt to circumvent the hundreds of languages and dialects then extant in the Russian Empire, and make the records accessible to anyone who needed to use them. Only a few bureaucrats, clerks, and scribes could actually "read" the language, so everyone else was listed as "illiterate." And it is doubtful that anyone at all could "speak" the language!

Of course, every time the Academy of Sciences or the Czar sneezed, belched, or misspelled a word, the "command language" was changed. For a humorous, operatic look at the situation, please refer to Sergei Prokofiev's "Lieutenant Kije" suite, Op. 60. While pronouncing the name of an insignificant lieutenant who was to be promoted, the Czar sneezed. Since the Czar could utter no wrong, the bureaucrats went to extreme lengths to create the non-existent lieutenant.

All the best to all of you!
Ryszard
Lyn1982

Replies: 96

Post Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:23 am      Post subject:

Thank you very much for both translations Staripolak! I was surprised one was an adoption, guess that explains why it was so long though! I will have more records soon, not sure what I want translated next. I am having great difficulty actually finding my ancestors, but with such a small town and uncommon name I am sure these ones must relate somehow. I had hoped the 1894 record was my ancestors known sister, but looks like not.
Cmstanley
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 67

Post Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:07 pm      Post subject: Two marriage records

Ryszard,
I just read your post about the number of records you have translated....I don't know how you can keep up! These two are definitely not urgent but I would greatly appreciate translations whenever you can get to them. Thank you so much for your hard work!

image.jpg
 Description:
Marriage Antoni Machalski and Julianna Golebiowska 1880
 Filesize:  936.05 KB

image.jpg

image.jpg
 Description:
Marriage Jan Boniecki and Maryanna Wieciorkowska 1887
 Filesize:  659.8 KB

image.jpg

EANWhitson
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 370

Post Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:46 pm      Post subject:

Many, many thanks for the translation of the great grandfather's birth record (Julian Nowakowski). I so appreciate your help.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 184, 185, 186 ... 236, 237, 238  Next Page 185 of 238

Jump to: