PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Russian records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 186, 187, 188 ... 236, 237, 238  Next
Author
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 51

Post Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:03 am      Post subject: Chrzanowski record from Radviliskis, Litwa

Dear Ryszard, I hope it is okay to post again this week; I am trying not to make requests unless they are direct ancestors and I really can't make out an important bit.

I just found something that would be a big deal for us if it is the right record. Attached is part of a columnar birth record from Radviliskis, Lithuania, 1887. I am hopeful that it is a birth record for Frank/Franz/Franciszek Chrzanowski. His parents were Joseph and Marta/Martha (aka Albertyna) Chrzanowski. If it is not for that family, then we won't need it after all, so I don't want to trouble you for a full translation.

But if we are truly fortunate and it's them, any details about father's occupation or parish of marriage would be amazing to know. I realize the columnar form might not give that much detail.

Gratefully,
Tonya

Radzviliskis Lithuania - Act 106 in 1887 - Chrzanowski - detail.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  155.52 KB
 Viewed:  10037 Time(s)

Radzviliskis Lithuania - Act 106 in 1887 - Chrzanowski - detail.jpeg

mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 960

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:39 pm      Post subject: request translation of Krygier and Lelinski records

Dear Ryszard,

I hope this request finds you well. Thank you very much for the recent translations. Please add these additional requests to your translation list when you get around to it!

1. August Krygier death record
2. Jozefa Lelinska death record
3. Stanislawa Krygier death record
4. Antoni Lelinski death record

Thanks again for your kindness and for generously sharing your skills.

Best,
Cynthia

1879 August Krygier Death.jpg
 Description:
August Krygier death record
 Filesize:  248.95 KB

1879 August Krygier Death.jpg

1884 Jozefa Lelinska death.jpg
 Description:
Jozefa Lelinska death record
 Filesize:  274.25 KB

1884 Jozefa Lelinska death.jpg

1885 Stanislawa Krygier Death.jpg
 Description:
Stanislawa Krygier death record
 Filesize:  257.84 KB

1885 Stanislawa Krygier Death.jpg

1884 Antoni Lelinski Death.jpg
 Description:
Antoni Lelinski death record
 Filesize:  172.63 KB

1884 Antoni Lelinski Death.jpg

Send e-mail
msmortalcoil

Replies: 27

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:45 pm      Post subject: Translation for Marriage of Marianna Bartkowska to Mateusz A

Would someone be kind to translate record #27 for Marianna Bartkowskia Marriage to Mateusz Adranowicz 1888 Lutocin Poland.

Thank you very much.

Brianna

Marianna Bartkowska Marriage to Mateusz Adranowicz 1888 Lutocin Poland.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.19 MB

Marianna Bartkowska Marriage to Mateusz Adranowicz 1888 Lutocin Poland.jpg

msmortalcoil

Post Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:04 pm      Post subject: Katarzyna Bartkowska and Jan Lewandowski Marriage 1869 Lutoc

Please translate record #14 for Katarzyna Bartkowska and Jan Lewandowski Marriage 1869 Lutocin

Many Thanks!!!

Katarzyna Bartkowska and Jan Lewandowski Marriage 1869 Lutocin.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.1 MB

Katarzyna Bartkowska and Jan Lewandowski Marriage 1869 Lutocin.jpg

Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 961

Post Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:37 am      Post subject:

Three more:

Niedzialki [spelling?]
No. 103

Completed in the village of Lipowec/Lipowiec on 24 November/6 December, 1889, at 10:00 AM. Appeared Jozef Zbrzezny [?], 46 [? partially cut off in fold], and Stanislaw Jankowski, 50, servants in Niedzialki residing, and declared that on 22 November/4 December of this year at 12:00 noon died in Niedzialki JOZEF CHRZANOWSKI, 37 years of age, son of Jan and Anna [?] Chrzanowski, legal marriage, born in Osowka, Zelun [Zielun?] parish, residing in Niedzialki, servants. He leaves behind his widowed wife Albertina nee Lendzion [?]. Testimony of eyewitnesses to the death of Jozef Chrzanowski verified. This act read aloud to the declarants and signed only by the Administrator of Lipowiec parish, registrar of civil acts. Fr. Adam Koszutowski.

-#-

No. 4
Pinino

Completed in the village of Zale [?] on 25 January, 1880 [single date given], at 12:00 Midday. We declare that in the presence of witnesses Jozef Krasinski, 50, and Stanislaw Szafranek, 60 [?], farmers in Zale residing, that concluded today was the religious marital union between ANTON MACHALSKI, single, age 24, born in Chuce [?] local parish, there residing, son of Nikolaj and Ewa nee Meer/Meyer [?] Machalski, legal marriage, farmers in Chuce residing, and JULIANNA GOLEMBIEWSKA [Gołębiewska], single, age 18, residing in Pinino with her parents, born in Adamowo, daughter of Wojciech and Marianna nee Cischowa [?] Golembiewski, legal marriage, farmers. The marriage was preceded by the publication of the Banns of Marriage, published in the Zale parish church on 11, 18, and 25 of January of this year. The newlyweds declared that they had concluded no prenuptial contract. Permission to marry was given orally before those in attendance. This act read aloud to the newlyweds and witnesses and signed only by me. Fr. Felician Lekszicki, rector of Zale parish, registrar of civil acts.

-#-

No. 10
Genstoniewo [?]

Completed in Jaseniec on 27 February, 1870 [one date given], at 12:00 noon. We declare that in the presence of witnesses Kazimierz Prondzenski, 26, and Pawel Gustomczyk, 26, day laborers residing in the village of Genstoniewo [?], that concluded today was the religious marital union between JAN HOPKO, single, day laborer, age 20, son of Jakob and Marianna nee Myszek Hopko, legal marriage, born in Kiedrowice, Poznan principality, now residing in Kocisziewo [?] and MARIANNA CYMINSKA, single, age 19, daughter of Michal and his legal wife Magdalena nee Prondzinska Cyminski, born in Prondzin, Poznan principality, now residing with her parents in Genstoniewo. The marriage was preceded by the banns of marriage, published in the local Jaseniec parish church on 13,20, and 27 of the current month and year. No impediments to the marriage were expressed. Permission for the newlyweds to marry was given orally by their parents. The ceremony was conducted by Fr. Ezechiel Wasilowski, rector of Jaseniec parish. This act read to the newlyweds and witnesses and signed by me. Fr. Ezekiel Wasilowski, rector of [?] parish, registrar of civil acts.
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:26 am      Post subject:

Two more:

No. 26
Uniszki Zawadzki

Completed in the village of Wieczfnia on 3/15 April, 1879 [?]. at 2:00 Pm. Appeared Jozef Raniczewski, 40, and Jakob Piskorowski, 53, farmers residing in Uniszki Zawadzki, and declared that in Uniszki Zawadzki the day before yesterday at 11:00 AM died SAUGUSTYN KRYGER, wheelwright, age 25, born in the Prussia region [kraj], village of Franknow [Franknau, Frankenau?], son of Andrzej and Marianna nee [unclear, could be Andner? Fidner? or?], Kryger. He leaves behind his wife Ewa Kryger. Testimony of eyewitnesses to the death of August [so in text] Kryger verified. This act read to the witnesses and signed only by me. Registrar of civil acts, rector of Wieczfnia parish, Fr. [illegible signature]

-#-

[Seal of Płońsk Deanery]
No. 7
Strubiny and Soboklensz [Soboklenic?]

Completed in the village Jonen [?] on January 18/30, 1893, at 3:00 PM. We declare that in the presence of witnesses Franciszek Antosek [?] 40, and Franciszek Dombrowski, 50, farmers from the village of Soboklenic residing, that concluded today was the religious marital union between JAN KOWALSKI, farmer, widower after the death of Katarzyna nee Serbista [?], son of the deceased Jozef and Julianna Kowalski, legal marriage, born in the village of Sieligi [ or Siemgi?], Slunno [or Slupno?] parish, now residing in the village of Strubiny, Płońsk parish, age 38; AND Franciszka Więcława, daughter of the deceased Ignacy and living Magdalena nee Kaftanowska Więcław, legal marriage, farmers, she was born and resides in the village of Soboklenszcz [?], age 21 years. The banns of marriage were proclaimed in the Plonsk and Jonen parish churches on December 27/January 8, 3, 15, and 10, 22 January, 1892-1893.The newlyweds declared that they had concluded no prenuptial agreement. the ceremony was concluded by Fr. Stanislaw Bosacki,, local administrator. This act read to the witnesses and newlyweds and signed only by me. Fr. Stanislaw Bosacki
scott_cieminski

Replies: 23

Post Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:47 am      Post subject: Thank You

Dear Ryszard,

Thank you for translating my great-grandaunt's marriage and death records. Your assistance has brought meaning to these otherwise cryptic documents, and has unlocked the messages that our ancestors have left for us to find.

Your kindness is immeasurable and greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,

Scott
tkowalska
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:51 am      Post subject:

Ryszard, I am so excited to see the Chrzanowski and Kowalski records--thank you so very kindly. Sobokleszsz is correct--I have other records of them from Joniec parish showing that as the family location. I also think Slupno seems likely. There are lots of great leads here, and I thought the reference to a prenuptial agreement was fascinating--I thought that was a modern invention, at least for such ordinary folks. Waves of appreciation to you--if I can ever repay the favor with some research time or anything, please let me know. I hope to get back over to Poland in a year or so, so maybe I could get something for you from the archives someday soon.

Tonya
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:06 pm      Post subject:

Four more:

No. 107 Chrzanowicz, day of birth: 31, day of baptism: 7

First column:

1887, 7 June. In Radziwilisi [?] Roman Catholic parish church, by vicar Szwed _ _ do, baptized an infant named BRONISLAW, with full religious rites

Second column:

gentry [lesser nobility or "gentleman"] Anton and Jozefina nee Parwojna [?] Chrzanowicz, legal marriage, a daughter born this year and month, May 31, in Radziwilinikes [?] local parish.

Third column:

Sponsors/godparents were kr. [peasants??] Osip [Jozef] Dawidowski and Barbara, wife of Onufry Fledrzinkowski [?]

- # -

Uniszki Zawadzki
No. 768

Completed in the village of Wieczfnia on August 9/21, 1884, at 5:00 PM. Appeared Bogumil Kryger, wheelwright, father of the deceased, age 26, and Adam Kucinski, shoemaker, 26, both residing in Uniszki Zawadzki, and declared that yesterday at 10:00 PM died in Uniszki Zawadzki STANISLAWA KRYGER, age one month, born and residing in Uniszki Zawadzki with her parents, daughter of Bogumil Kryger and his legal wife Marianna nee Zielinska. Eyewitness testimony to the death of Stanislawa Kryger verified. This act read to the declarant ad witnesses and signed only by me. Registrar of civil acts, Administrator of Wieczfnia parish, Fr. Stanislaw Zalenski.

- # -

Uniszki Zawadzki
No. 129

Completed in the village of Wieczfnia on August 8/20, 1884, at 9:00 AM. Appeared in person Bogumil Kryger, wheelwright residing in Uniszki Zawadzki, age 26, in the presence of Adam Kucinski, shoemaker, 26, and Adam Komorowski, railway watchman at [illegible], 26, both residing in Uniszki Zawadzki, and presented us with a female infant, declaring that she was born in Uniszki Zawadzki on July 2/14 of the current year at 2:00 PM of his legal wife Maryanna nee Zielinska, 26 years of age. At holy baptism concluded on July 6/18 of the current year by Fr. Mateusz Swidwinski, the child was given the name STANISLAWA. Godparents/sponsors were Adam Kucinski and Ewa Kryger. The delay in registering the birth was caused by the absence of the father. This act read to the4 declarant and witnesses and signed only by me. Registrar of civil acts,
Administrator of Wieczfnia parish, Fr. Stanislaw Zalenski.

- # -

Pogorzel [?]

No. 4

Completed in the village of Wieczfnia on Dec 29/January 9, 1883/1884, at 9:00 AM. Appeared Mateusz Biranowski, son-in-law or brother-in-law of the deceased, age 34, and Jakob Biranowski, 43, both laborers residing in Pogorzel, and declared that yesterday at 5:00 PM died in Pogorzel JOZEFA LELINSKA, widow, age 70 years, place of birth and names of parents unknown to the witnesses, she resided in Pogorzel with family. Eyewitness testimony to the death of Jozefa Lelinska verified. This act read to the witnesses and signed only by me. registrar of civil acts, Administrator of Wieczfnia parish, Fr. Tomasz Kwiatkowski.
tkowalska
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:13 pm      Post subject:

Ryszard, I am so impressed you could read that Lithuanian record. Thank you so much. It turns out to be the wrong family, but sometimes that is very helpful to know, too--deep appreciation. ~tonya
davepio
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 126

Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:11 pm      Post subject: Piotrowski census document

Hello,
I am amending my request for translation of a census document that I previously posted on May 10 --> http://forum.polishorigins.com/files/piotrowski_census_0177_596.jpg

I have done my best to decipher the names, birth dates and column headings (included in red). There are still several things I cannot figure out.

Could you please help with the following:
1) names of parents and mother's maiden name for entries on lines 1 and 2
2) birthplace for all entries
3) previous place of residence for all entries
4) comments from last column for all entries

Thank you for your help.
Dave

my attempt English version_0177.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  696.7 KB

my attempt English version_0177.jpg

mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 960

Post Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:49 pm      Post subject:

Thank you, Ryszard, for translating the Kryger and Lelinski records. Your translation of August Kryger's death record opened a new door for me - one I have been waiting and looking for these past couple of years. I found a Frankenau in the then Prussian partition that is only about 35 miles from Uniszkie Zawadzkie, and I have a strong expectation this Fankenau (Frąknowo in Polish) is the birthplace of my GGrandmother Paulina Kryger. So THANK YOU!!!

All the best!
Cynthia
Send e-mail
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:26 pm      Post subject:

Two marriages:

No. 14
Dembowka/Dębowka

Completed in Lutocin on 11 October 1869 [single date given], at 11:00 AM. We declare that in the presence of witnesses Jozef Chojnowski, 50, and Piotr Chmielewski, 45 day laborers residing in Dembowka, that concluded today was the religious marital union between JAN LEWANDOWSKI, widower after the death of wife Justina, he was born in Lutocin, son of Andrzej Lewandowski and his deceased wife Katarzyna, he is 33s years of age, day laborer residing in Maly Przeradz [?] and KATARZYNA BARTKOWSKA, single, born in Starga [or Starcza?], daughter of Maciej Bartkowski and his deceased wife Rozalia nee Witkowska, age 23, residing in Dembowka with her parents. The marriage was preceded by the threefold proclamation of the banns of marriage published in the local parish church on 26 September, 3, and 10 October of this year. The newlyweds declare that they concluded no prenuptial contract. Ceremony was concluded by Fr. Romuald [?] Jankowski, administrator of Lutocin parish. This act read aloud to the participants and signed by me. Fr. R. Jankowski, administrator of Lutocin parish, registrar of civil acts.

-#-

No. 27
Dembowka [Dębowka] and Szonec [Szoniec?]

Completed in Lutocin on October 5/17, 1888, at 10:00 AM. We declare that in the presence of Adam Milewski, 29, morganic farmer from Szoniec, and Franciszek Ciechaczewski, 30, laborer from Lutocin, that concluded today was the religious marital union between MATEUSZ ADRANOWICZ, widower, son of deceased Jan and Barbara nee Bartczak Adranowicz, legal marriage, born in Lutocin and residing in Szoniec, servant; and MARIANNA BARTKOWSKA, single, daughter of Maciej and deceased Rozalia nee Witkowska Bartkowski, legal marriage, born in Chrapony [?] and residing in Dembowka with her father, morganic farmer, age 40. The three-fold banns of marriage were published in the Lutocin parish church on 18/30 September, 25 September/7 October, and 2/14 October of this year. The newlyweds declare that they had concluded no prenuptial agreement. Rite of marriage was concluded by Fr. Kasper Strusinski, administrator of Lutocin parish. This act read to the participants and signed only by me. Fr. Kasper Strusinski, administrator of Lutocin parish, registrar of civil acts.
msmortalcoil

Post Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:37 am      Post subject: Thank you

Thank you so very much Staripolak64 for the translation. It means the world to me!!!! We are so blessed to have people like you willing to assist with our research.

Staripolak64 wrote:
Two marriages:

No. 14
Dembowka/Dębowka

Completed in Lutocin on 11 October 1869 [single date given], at 11:00 AM. We declare that in the presence of witnesses Jozef Chojnowski, 50, and Piotr Chmielewski, 45 day laborers residing in Dembowka, that concluded today was the religious marital union between JAN LEWANDOWSKI, widower after the death of wife Justina, he was born in Lutocin, son of Andrzej Lewandowski and his deceased wife Katarzyna, he is 33s years of age, day laborer residing in Maly Przeradz [?] and KATARZYNA BARTKOWSKA, single, born in Starga [or Starcza?], daughter of Maciej Bartkowski and his deceased wife Rozalia nee Witkowska, age 23, residing in Dembowka with her parents. The marriage was preceded by the threefold proclamation of the banns of marriage published in the local parish church on 26 September, 3, and 10 October of this year. The newlyweds declare that they concluded no prenuptial contract. Ceremony was concluded by Fr. Romuald [?] Jankowski, administrator of Lutocin parish. This act read aloud to the participants and signed by me. Fr. R. Jankowski, administrator of Lutocin parish, registrar of civil acts.

-#-

No. 27
Dembowka [Dębowka] and Szonec [Szoniec?]

Completed in Lutocin on October 5/17, 1888, at 10:00 AM. We declare that in the presence of Adam Milewski, 29, morganic farmer from Szoniec, and Franciszek Ciechaczewski, 30, laborer from Lutocin, that concluded today was the religious marital union between MATEUSZ ADRANOWICZ, widower, son of deceased Jan and Barbara nee Bartczak Adranowicz, legal marriage, born in Lutocin and residing in Szoniec, servant; and MARIANNA BARTKOWSKA, single, daughter of Maciej and deceased Rozalia nee Witkowska Bartkowski, legal marriage, born in Chrapony [?] and residing in Dembowka with her father, morganic farmer, age 40. The three-fold banns of marriage were published in the Lutocin parish church on 18/30 September, 25 September/7 October, and 2/14 October of this year. The newlyweds declare that they had concluded no prenuptial agreement. Rite of marriage was concluded by Fr. Kasper Strusinski, administrator of Lutocin parish. This act read to the participants and signed only by me. Fr. Kasper Strusinski, administrator of Lutocin parish, registrar of civil acts.
Staripolak64
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:33 am      Post subject:

For Dave:

I tried various formats to avoid eating bandwidth, but they all threatened my sanity, so I just went ahead with a linear approach. It is a fascinating document, and I must point out a few peculiarities that might make your task a bit easier. Several times the word "wojt," or войтъ is used to describe the official completing the entries. Pushkarev notes that after reforms in 1864, a wojt is the prefect of a gmina in Russian Poland; previous to that he was considered a "mayor" of a community.

In the column for previous residence, the entry is frequently при родителяхъ, which I have translated as "with parents," for the sake of brevity. In the Russian Complete Codex of Laws, this is a legal term which means that the child was dependent upon the parents, not just residing with them. Please let me know if you have any questions.

No. 1 - number in format, house number - 4/L Piotrowski, Michal / parents: Franz. and Katarz. nee Wrześinska [?] / born 27 September, 1864 / in Sinjarzewo [?] / married / peasant or farmer / Catholic / servant / previous residence: Sinjarzewo, No. 4-2, page 7 / first category, discharged to reserves in 1885, [discharge certificate or billet] No. 332, village in Michalow, gmina Sendzin [spelling?].

No. 2. Piotrowska, Apollonia nee Ludwiczinska / Piotr and Marianna nee Kawczynska / born 24 December 1867 / village Goslawice, gmina Sendzin / married / farmer / with her husband / previous residence: village Goslawice, gmina Sendzin / registered on the basis of declaration No. 240 by wojt on 23 January, 1889

No. 3. Piotrowska, Marianna [crossed out] / Michal and Apollonia nee Ludwiczinska / born 20 December, 1890- 1 January 1891 / in Ljatkowo [spelling?] / maiden / R. Catholic / with parents / Ljatkowo / removed by verdict no. 1142 of wojt, to village of Czarno [?] on 13 May, 1914, because she married Boleslaw Kuligowski

No. 4. Piotrowski, Józef / same parents / born 16/28 February, 1894 / Ljatkowo / single / peasant / Catholic / with parents/ registered on the basis of birth certificate of 1/3 April, 1894

No. 5. Piotrowski, Leon / same parents / born 5/17 October, 1899 / village of Bronislaw / single / peasant / R. Catholic / with parents / registered on basis of birth certificate

No. 6. Piotrowski, Stanislaw / same parents / born 1/14 March, 1902 / village of Ljatkowo / single / peasant / R. Catholic / with parents / on basis of birth certificate

No. 7. Piotrowska, Józefa [crossed out] / same parents / born 3/16 March, 1905 / village of Michalow / single / peasant / R. Catholic / with parents / village of Michalow, on basis of birth certificate / Died in parish of Sendzin 17/30 March, 1905. Wojt.

No. 8. Piotrowska, Ioann [sic] [crossed out] / same parents / born 18 November-1 December, 1907 / village Michalow / single / peasant / R. Catholic / with parents / on basis of birth certificate / Died 7/20 October, 1913
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 186, 187, 188 ... 236, 237, 238  Next Page 187 of 238

Jump to: