PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 9

Post Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:03 pm      Post subject: Bem, Niemiec, Kuras Photos

I love this site. I found our family in Poland and now we email. They sent us pictures. Thank you Michal! Here are some they sent. The family is from Waksmund.

05 the first mass.jpg
 Description:
The first mass of Father Franceszik Bem
kids during the preparation for the first communion, please appreciate how nicely do they all smile!
 Filesize:  438.85 KB
 Viewed:  8950 Time(s)

05 the first mass.jpg

04 the first mass.jpg
 Description:
closest friends of Franciszek, but unfortunately we do not know who are they
 Filesize:  357.11 KB

04 the first mass.jpg

03 the first mass.jpg
 Description:
some youngsters from Waksmund, just Wladyslaw is sitting in front of Franciszek and Zofia is still there
 Filesize:  441.85 KB

03 the first mass.jpg

02 the first mass.jpg
 Description:
In the centre: priest Franciszek, on the left Jozef Bem, on the right Jadwiga and aunt Weronka (nun).
From top left: Jozef Niemiec - husband of Alojza, my grandmother Anna, Władyslaw, Zofia, Jan - husband of Anna.
 Filesize:  436.47 KB

02 the first mass.jpg

01 the first mass.jpg
 Description:
In the centre: priest Franciszek, on the left Jozef Bem, on the right Jadwiga and aunt Weronka (nun).
From top left: Jozef Niemiec - husband of Alojza, my grandmother Anna, Władyslaw, Zofia, Jan - husband of Anna.
 Filesize:  377.63 KB

01 the first mass.jpg

Cheri Vanden Berg
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 497

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:33 pm      Post subject:

Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos! Do you know the approximate year(s) that they were taken?
Bem

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:46 pm      Post subject: First Mass of Franciszek Bem

Cheri Vanden Berg wrote:
Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos! Do you know the approximate year(s) that they were taken?

Hello Cheri,

I do not know the exact date. They are pre WWII I believe. I would guess the mid to late 1930s, but again I am not positive. I believe the photos were taken in Waksmund as that is where the family is from.

It is the first mass of our Franciszek Bem . It is a celebration and everyone is dress for the occasion. I am in love with the traditional dress for special occasions. The details and workmanship are incredible in the pictures. I must thank our family in Poland for sharing these incredible pictures with us. They are amazing.
Bem

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:12 pm      Post subject: Father Franciszek Bem - Later Years

I found another picture. This is of Franciszek Bem in his later years. These notes were with the picture...

Ks. Franciska Bema C.R. (Francis Bem) was Stanley Bem’s brother. He was a priest from 1936 to 1961. As a Catholic Priest his tribute was Phillippians 4, 13 There is nothing I cannot do in the One who strengthens me “Wszystko moge w tym, ktroy mnie umacnia”

[/img]

Franciszek Bem.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  44.03 KB

Franciszek Bem.jpg

Cheri Vanden Berg
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 497

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:59 pm      Post subject:

Yes, I love the traditional clothing too. My grandmother Aniela Lenart was born in Załuczne, about 25 km west of Waksmund, and the clothing was very similar. I am grateful that your family shared them - they ARE amazing!
Bem

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:07 pm      Post subject: June 29 1936 Date of photos of First Mass of Franciszek Bem

Cheri Vanden Berg wrote:
Yes, I love the traditional clothing too. My grandmother Aniela Lenart was born in Załuczne, about 25 km west of Waksmund, and the clothing was very similar. I am grateful that your family shared them - they ARE amazing!

Hello! I have discovered the date of the photos of the First Mass of Franciszek Bem. They were taken on June 29, 1936. Very Happy
Bryjamf

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:18 pm      Post subject: Re: Bem, Niemiec, Kuras Photos

Bem wrote:
I love this site. I found our family in Poland and now we email. They sent us pictures. Thank you Michal! Here are some they sent. The family is from Waksmund.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Our Gen Stories, Websites and Blogs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: