PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 14

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:08 pm      Post subject: Learning to speak Polish

My research into Polish genealogy and history has led me to an interest in learning to speak Polish. I have found working with CDs while I commute works well for me. I have worked through the 30 lesson set of Pimsleur and while I could now survive as a tourist, I know I still have a lot to learn. Any suggestions on moving to the next level? What methods have any of you used and found success with? I was hoping to converse with my father, but everyone he spoke Polish with passed some time ago and he remembers very little.
sirdan
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 304

Post Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:55 am      Post subject:

Hello, its very nice of you try to learn language. It is hard to learn, but will be satisfactory to communicate for sure. I encourage you. From what i know, usually people learn spoken language first, how about writing? Smile
I was taught that its best to learn with "live" language. If you like social media, you could make an account on interpal forum, there is a polish section language, people offer their own help.
It is really hard to say how to learn from books or CD,s. I would advice give up polish grammar at the beginning, since even natives have problems with that. But its needed anyway so that our speech sounds right. Knowing more words and having better pronounciation is always good. Combine your interests with learning language. For example, find a polish song you like and then try to learn the lyrics, then learn the right pronounciation. The more you listen, the higher chance later, that you would feel how to use grammar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Our Gen Stories, Websites and Blogs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: