PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 31

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:02 pm      Post subject: Looking for family in Humniska near Brzozow

My great grandparents, Michal Dudek (born 1885) and Petronela Konieczka (born 1890) were from Humniska, near Brzozow in southeastern Poland. They came to Philadelphia in the early 20th century. I am looking for family that might still be in Poland. Michal was the son of Ignacy Dudek and Petronela Kwiatek, and his sister Maryanna married a Franciszek Florek from Gorki. Maryanna returned to Poland with her husband in the late 1930s. Michal's other 2 siblings, Sophia and Jan, did not come to the US and so stayed in Humniska, as far as I know. Petronela was the daughter of Marcin Konieczka and Antonina Gawronska. Her 5 siblings - Helena (married a Michal Kedra, also from Humniska, the son of Jedrez Kedra and Mary Baranski), Jan, Stella (married Stanislaus Kwartnik, son of Wojciech Kwartnik, also from Humniska), and Josef and Anna, all came to the Philadelphia area as well. I would love to be able to contact my family. I am very very proud of my Polish heritage, but my family didn't talk about where they came from, so I have been searching for years. Kate
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4195

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:16 pm      Post subject: Re: Looking for family in Humniska near Brzozow

kamcglynn wrote:
My great grandparents, Michal Dudek (born 1885) and Petronela Konieczka (born 1890) were from Humniska, near Brzozow in southeastern Poland. They came to Philadelphia in the early 20th century. I am looking for family that might still be in Poland. Michal was the son of Ignacy Dudek and Petronela Kwiatek, and his sister Maryanna married a Franciszek Florek from Gorki. Maryanna returned to Poland with her husband in the late 1930s. Michal's other 2 siblings, Sophia and Jan, did not come to the US and so stayed in Humniska, as far as I know. Petronela was the daughter of Marcin Konieczka and Antonina Gawronska. Her 5 siblings - Helena (married a Michal Kedra, also from Humniska, the son of Jedrez Kedra and Mary Baranski), Jan, Stella (married Stanislaus Kwartnik, son of Wojciech Kwartnik, also from Humniska), and Josef and Anna, all came to the Philadelphia area as well. I would love to be able to contact my family. I am very very proud of my Polish heritage, but my family didn't talk about where they came from, so I have been searching for years. Kate

I found on facebook two people from Humniska under the surname Dudek, i have written to them that somebody is looking Dudek's from humniska. i hope they will answer.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
kamcglynn

Post Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:19 pm      Post subject:

Thank you so very much!!
tonysheritage

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:18 pm      Post subject: Kwartnik Family, Humniska, Brzozów, Przysietnica

Kate, do you have any information or pictures of your great-grandfathers. I come from Brzozów, near Humniska. Probably my great-grandfather Michał Kwartnik came from Humniska but he lived and died in Przysietnica near Brzozów. Maybe you know more dates of birth or death after which we could find our ancestors. I wonder if maybe Stanisław or Wojciech were his family. Regards

500062_022274reae85973an5qf7c.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  199.37 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

500062_022274reae85973an5qf7c.jpg

kamcglynn

Post Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:00 pm      Post subject: Re: Kwartnik Family, Humniska, Brzozów, Przysietnica

Hello! I am so happy that you responded to my post! I have actually learned a lot more about my Polish family since this original post and am in touch with members of my Konieczko family in Humniska now! So, this is what I know about the Kwartniks. I have a Kwartnik in my direct ancestry; Salomea Kwartnik who married Sebastian Konieczko. Salomea was probably born in around 1800 in Humniska. Also, I do know a little more about the Kwartnik who married into my Konieczko family again - my great grandmother's sister, Stanislawa Konieczko, born in Humniska in 1895 to Marcin Konieczko and Antonina Gawronska, married Stanislaw Kwartnik, son of Wojciech Kwartnik and Katarzyna Dudek in Philadelphia, PA, USA in 1913. Stanislaw Kwartnik was born in about 1891 in Humniska. (now, to make things even more confusing there is another Stanislaw Kwartnik from Humniska who also came to Philadelphia and who was born in the same year as "my" Stanislaw Kwartnik! I believe that the 2 Stanislaws were related b/c they served as godparents to each others' children.) Anyway, I don't know if this helps at all! Oh, Wojciech Kwartnik's father was Jan and his mother was Mary (I don't know her maiden name). Is it possible that our families related? Thanks! Kate
tonysheritage

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:39 am      Post subject: Re: Kwartnik Family, Humniska, Brzozów, Przysietnica

Kate, thank you for the message and so much information I received from you. I believe that our families are related. In the old books from 1880, I found as many as six people with the name Kwartnik: Wojciech, Paweł, Ignacy, widow of Jan, Stanisław, Kacper. According to the house numbers, it can be concluded that in this time (1880) Wojciech lived with Stanisław, Paweł lived with Kacper, and Ignacy with the widow of Kwartnik (perhaps Jan). So your names coincide with my search, which makes me very happy. I still don't know who could be the father of my great-grandfather, Michał Kwartnik, but I am sure that someone from the above has certainly been. Apart from names, facts and dates, have you managed to get pictures of your relatives from Humniska? Best wishes and Happy New Year!
kamcglynn

Post Posted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:06 am      Post subject:

Hello and Happy New Year to you as well! I was wondering if we could communicate via email...I do have some photos I would love to share and we can discuss our connection more thoroughly! My email address is [email protected]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: