PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 748

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:11 am      Post subject:

75 years ago, on 1 September 1939, 2 World War begun with German invasion of Poland.

This is great occasion to come back to those videos and articles shared above by our forum members.

I also found the official broadcast from Polish radio, from 1 September 1939:

[html-link]

"Halo! Halo! Tu Warszawa i wszystkie rozgłośnie Polskiego Radia!
Dziś rano o godzinie piątej minut czterdzieści oddziały niemieckie przekroczyły granice
polską, łamiąc pakt o nieagresji. Bombardowano szereg miast.
Za chwilę usłyszą Państwo komunikat specjalny.

A więc wojna! Z dniem dzisiejszym wszelkie sprawy i zagadnienia schodzą na plan dalszy.
Całe nasze Życie publiczne i prywatne przestawiamy na specjalne tory. Weszliśmy w okres
wojny. Cały wysiłek narodu musi iść w jednym kierunku. Wszyscy jesteśmy Ŝołnierzami!
musimy myśleć tylko o jednym:
Walka aż do zwycięstwa!"

My brief translation:

"Hello! Hello! (Attention!, Attention!) Warsaw speaking and all broadcasters of the Polish Radio!
This morning, at five forty, German troops crossed the Polish borders, breaking the non-aggression pact. Several towns were bombed.
In a moment you will hear the special message.

So this is War! From today, all matters and issues come down to the background.
We switch our whole lives, public and private, on special mode. It is the time of war. The whole effort of the nation must go in one direction. We are all soldiers! We need to focus on one thing: to fight until victory!"
Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Other topics related to Poland and Polish roots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: