PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 25

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:43 am      Post subject: A Poland Family Adventure

A Poland Family Adventure. Travel arrangements. http://blog.polishorigins.com/2015/11/23/a-poland-family-adventure-travel-arrangements/

Yesterday we shared with you on our blog the first part of Denise memories from her and her family tour in Poland. This trip took place 3 years ago and we have been in touch with Denise since then helping her in communication with found family in Poland. Denise is also thinking about coming back for longer Smile.

"At first I balked; there were so many obstacles. We didn’t speak the language! Our families’ villages were so spread out that covering wide distances would be impossible on a regular tour with limited vacation time. I needed a knee replacement and cobblestone streets were difficult to navigate. An October trip meant changes in weather; perhaps rain and snow? I didn’t think this kind of trip was possible with limited travel time. I was wrong. PolishOrigins Tours and Zenon Znamirowski assured me that it could be done."

Read full post: http://blog.polishorigins.com/2015/11/23/a-poland-family-adventure-travel-arrangements/ .

Zdjęcie 1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  50.41 KB
 Viewed:  3860 Time(s)

Zdjęcie 1.jpg

annatokaj
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 25

Post Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:47 am      Post subject:

During the last 10 days we were following “A Poland Family Adventure” blog by Denise. Today we published the last part entitled: “Already we dream of the next trip.”

You can read the whole journal many with pictures here: http://blog.polishorigins.com/category/a-poland-family-adventure/ (start from the bottom, Day 1: http://blog.polishorigins.com/2015/11/24/a-poland-family-adventure-day-1-arrival-in-warsaw-and-exploring-the-city/ )

And below there is an excerpt from the last day:
“The highlight of the day (and of our stay) was a wagon ride into the woods - for miles, around the village of Pstragowa. (…) Two horses and two drivers pulled us over hills, through woods and deep ravines, out onto highway and then back roads to experience the glorious golden countryside.

[html-link]

We were so sad for our family that had left this village in 1906. Surely they would never see such a beautiful scene again in their lifetime, their lives spent in a crowded American city. My husband's grandparents had left these wide and spacious valleys with rolling hills, framed by the shadow of distant dark mountains, with golden fields and groves of trees and leaves that twirled to the ground in the fall. All of this was enclosed by an enormous blue sky from horizon to horizon (...).

Dziękuję Slav and Zenon for guiding us on this special journey with driving, history lessons and translation skills, and with humor and consideration for the varied ages in our party. We traveled far to find memories of our family. You helped us to learn so much about this beautiful country, our family’s homeland. The trip with PolishOrigins Tours also helped us discover the vibrant culture of today’s Poland. This was planned as a trip of reflection and reminiscing. The experience was all that we had hoped for and more! We will meet again.“
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Our Gen Stories, Websites and Blogs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: