PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:05 pm      Post subject: Belniak realtives in Harlkowa wedding

Hi! I am pretty sure that this was taken in Poland, at least that is what I was told. It is a great possibility that the groom is my great grandfather, Wojiech Belniak around 1900. My relatives are no longer alive to verify this, but he looks exactly like my father's cousin. If anyone can tell me anything about the dating of this photo or anything else, that would be wonderful. Thank you.

I added the top photo to show the family resemblance. All four of the people in this photo are his children, in Middletown CT in the 1940s. The bride on the left has the most resemblance to the father and it was her son that looked so much like Wojiech. Here pictured left to right is Francis, Stella, Helen, and Joe Belniak.

dist.jpg
 Description:
Francis Belniak wedding, Middletown CT. circa 1940, with siblings Stella, Helen, and Joe.
 Filesize:  201.6 KB
 Viewed:  3505 Time(s)

dist.jpg

belniakwedding.jpg
 Description:
Belniak wedding Harklowa, Galacia, Poland, circa 1900.
 Filesize:  232.79 KB
 Viewed:  3505 Time(s)

belniakwedding.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Poland and its people in old photographs and postcards All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: