PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 9

Post Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:33 am      Post subject: Muzykowski Swarski, Troki, Poland

Grandfather Isidore Muzykowski was born in Troki, Poland on April 15, 1899. He came to the U.S. in 1910. I don't know the name of the ship. He died May 05, 1934 in Poughkeepsie, New York. According to his death certificate his parents were Vincent Muzykowski and Josephine Swarski. I do not have any info on Isidore's family at all. I do not know if he had siblings. I do not know if came to America by himself or with a relative. He would have been fairly young to travel by himself. I do not know if he had family in America. He married my grandmother Stanislawa (Stella) Golembiewski in Norwich, Ct. They then, moved to New York. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me regarding Isidore.
Thank you so much,
Polehelp

Last edited by Polehelp on Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Henryk
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 313

Post Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:56 pm      Post subject:

Metrical data online for Troki: 1798-1892:
http://kresy.genealodzy.pl/index.html

LDS records available:
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/results?count=20&placeId=857157&query=%2Bplace%3A%22Poland%2C%20Wilno%2C%20Troki%20(Wilno-Troki)%22&subjectsOpen=857156-50

=====Metrical books : Deanery, 1700-1938
Author: Roman Catholic Deanery. Troki (Troki)

===Metrical books, 1794-1839
Author: Roman Catholic Church. Troki (Troki)

===Metrical books, 1831
Author: Evangelical Lutheran Church. Troki (Troki)

===Метрические книги : Рождество-Богородицкая церковь, 1863-1914
Author: Православная церковь. Троки (Троки)

===Poland, Wilno, Troki (Wilno-Troki) - Jewish records ( 1 )
Polehelp

Post Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:23 pm      Post subject:

Thank you for your reply. I will have to try to translate to English. I hope to find grandfather Isidore Muzykowski! Or his family.
Polehelp

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:29 pm      Post subject: Muzykowski - Snarski = Troki, Poland - Vilna?

Hi This is an edit of thread from 2015. I recently found out my grandfather Isidor's mother was Josephine Snarski.
Kajetan Snarski born 1894 in Vilna? was a relative of my grandfather Isidore. Kajetan's parents were:
Josef Snarski and Anna or Antonia Smymatowicz. Found this on ancestry. Sister of Kajetan was Melvina born: 9 May 1894. I do not know how they are related to Isidore's mom Josephine. I cannot find a record. I also found that the following siblings of Kajetan and Melvina stayed in Poland: Alexander, Isador, Joseph, Stanley.
Can someone please point me in the right direction. This would be a major brick wall coming down for me.
Thank you.
Polehlep
aleksanderz
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 56

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:54 am      Post subject:

It might be a good idea to show the records you have for your acestors, as some of these surnames look changed (f.e. surname of Smymatowicz does not exist).

Indeed, there were some Snarskis in Vilnius. http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=eng&w=23lt&rid=A&exac=&search_lastname=snarski&search_lastname2=&from_date=&to_date=&ordertable=[[3,%22asc%22]]&searchtable=&rpp1=0&rpp2=50

On the other hand, very often a name of a major city from the area (such as Vilnius) is listed in the documents, instead of the proper birthplace which usually was a village from the area.
Polehelp

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:05 pm      Post subject: Snarski - Muzykowski

Thank you! Sadly, I do not have any documentation on any of my Polish ancestors. I have a death certificate for my grandfather Isidore Muzykowski. And, that is how I found the names of his parents Vincent and Josephine. And, it says, Troki, Poland. He died young. I never knew him.
Thank you again for your help.
Polehelp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: