PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Russian records translations p.2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 125, 126, 127 ... 337, 338, 339  Next
Author

Replies: 111

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:33 pm      Post subject: Thanks

Thank you Marcel for the Rozalia Bykowski translation.
skiskiski

Replies: 8

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:05 am      Post subject: Translations of documents

Hi Marcel,

Could you please help me translate the following documents, I sent these a few months ago but not sure if you've come across them just yet.

Many thanks for your help!

tomasz_dowalewski_649_102.jpg
 Description:
Tomasz Dowalewski marriage record
 Filesize:  445.68 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

tomasz_dowalewski_649_102.jpg

jan_lewczuk_239_marriage_record_311_703.jpg
 Description:
Jan Lewczuk Marriage Record
 Filesize:  470.05 KB

jan_lewczuk_239_marriage_record_311_703.jpg

franciszek_panasiewicz_122__record_of_death_18_204.jpg
 Description:
Franciszek Panasiewicz record of death #18
 Filesize:  784.86 KB

franciszek_panasiewicz_122__record_of_death_18_204.jpg

hannahdudek

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:28 pm      Post subject: Izbica

I would appreciate a translation of two records from 1873 at Izbica Kujawski.

1. Marriage for Stanislaw Bykowski and Rozalia Wapniewska (there is a note in the margin)
2. Death for Katarzyna Modrzekewska

Last edited by hannahdudek on Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
conniecabe

Replies: 20

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:38 pm      Post subject: Can someone translate from Cyrillic Russian please?

Hello,

I'm getting better with the Polish translations but the Cyrillic Russian translations I'm still finding difficult. I am hoping this is my 3rd great- grandmother's death record. Her name was Marianna Gronek- Married to Tomasz Zawol. Can someone help me out at your convenience? I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

~Connie

Marianna Zaula 1877.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  321.43 KB

Marianna Zaula 1877.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4195

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:42 am      Post subject: Re: Translations of documents

skiskiski wrote:
Hi Marcel,

Could you please help me translate the following documents, I sent these a few months ago but not sure if you've come across them just yet.

Many thanks for your help!

Nr 649
Gęś

Tomasz Dowalewski
and
Julianna Naumiuk

It happened in the city Parczew on the 13th/26th day of May 1905 at 10 a.m. We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses Stefan Lewczuk, 58 years old and Daniel Gordejuk, 58 years old, both from the village Gęś, appeared:
Tomasz Dowalewski, 33 years old, a single man, born and living in the village Gęś, son of Piotr and Katarzyna nee Sergiejuk and Julianna Naumiuk, 24 years old, a miss, born and living in the village Gęś, daughter of Józef and his wife Anastazja nee Szubura and they informed that they concluded religious marriage on 1897. the wedding ceremony took place.
this act was read aloud to the illiterate witnesses and declarants and signed only by Us.

Nr 311
Gęś,
Dębowa Kłoda

Jan Lewczuk and Katarzyna Kowalczyk

It happened in the city Parczew on the 4th/17th day of May 1905 at 4 p.m. We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses: Stefan Lewczyk, 58 years old and Jakub Waszczuk, 42 yaers old, both peasants from the village Gęś appeared:

Jan Lewczuk, 25 years old, a single man, born and living in the village Gęś, son of Daniel and his wife Anastazja nee Matejuk

and

Katarzyna Kowalczyk, 19 years old, a miss, born and living in the village Dębowa Kłoda, daughter of Jan and his wife Ewa nee Majewska

and they informed that they concluded religious marriage on 1904. the wedding ceremony took place.

priest St. Wierzejski signature.

Nr 18
Brudna

Franciszek Panasiewicz

It happened in the city Parczew on the 1st/14th day of January 1908 at 10 a.m. Appeared: Michał Panasiewicz, 24 years old and Jan Ostap, 46 years old, both farmers from the village Brudna and they informed that on the 30th day of December 1907/12th day of January 1908 at 2 a.m. died Franciszek Panasiewicz, farmer, born and living in the village Brudna, 57 years old, son of deceased parents: Wawrzyniec Panasiewicz and Wiktoria Panasiewicz nee Kwiatek. He widowed his wife Katarzyna nee Kukiełka.
After eye belief about Franciszek Panasiewicz death this act was read aloud to the illiterate declarants and signed only by Us.
This act was read aloud to the nelwyweds and witnesses, all illiterate, signed only by Us.

Info: the first two documents contain information that the marriage was concluded before 1905. As a result of internal and external troubles, the Tsar of Russia softened his position on religious matters. He issued a tolerant act in 1905, under which the old Uniates were able to return to the bosom of the Roman church. Since all the Uniate churches had been Orthodox churches for thirty years, the former Uniates along with their families moved to a Roman Catholic church. Moving to Catholicism was the recognition of their Polishness.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:01 am      Post subject: Re: Izbica

hannahdudek wrote:
I would appreciate a translation of two records from 1873 at Izbica Kujawski.

1. Marriage for Stanislaw Bykowski and Rozalia Wapniewska (there is a note in the margin)
2. Death for Katarzyna Modrzekewska

Nr 45
Wólka

It happened in Izbicka on the 23rd day of October/4th day of November 1873 at 10 a.m. We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses: Józef Rosół, 50 years old and Józef Jagodziński, 50 years old, daylaborers living in Wólka there was concluded on this day reglious marriage between:

Stanisław Bykowski, widower, born in Bogusławice, living with his son in Sokołowo, son of deceased parents: Kacper Bykowski and Małgorzata Bykowska nee Karczmarek, 60 years old

and

Rozalia Wapniewska, she became a widow on the 29th day of November 1857, born in Mąkoszyn, living in Wólka, daughter of deceased parents: Walenty Bojanowski and Magdalena Bojanowska, 50 years old.

There were 3 banns announced in Izbica parisch church on: 19 October, 26 October and 2 November of the current year.
There were no obstacles for this marriage.
Newlyweds informed they didnt make premarital agreement.

This act was read aloud to the present, all illiterate signed only by Us.

priest W. Owsiński signature.

Nr 39
Komorowo

It happened in Izbica on the 14th/26th day of March 1873 at 9 a.m. Appeared Kajetan Tarnowski, 70 years old and Wojciech Rosiak, 70 years old, church servants living in Izbica and they informed that yesterday at 1 p.m. died Katarzyna Modrzejewska, widow, daylaborer, 70 years old, born in the village Kępka, living in Komorowo, daughter of Mateusz Lubiński and Marianna Lubińska.
She left two daughters Józefa and Antonina.
After eye belief about Modrzejewska death this act was read aloud to the illiterate declarants and signed only by Us.

priest W. Owsiński signature.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:10 am      Post subject: Re: Can someone translate from Cyrillic Russian please?

conniecabe wrote:
Hello,

I'm getting better with the Polish translations but the Cyrillic Russian translations I'm still finding difficult. I am hoping this is my 3rd great- grandmother's death record. Her name was Marianna Gronek- Married to Tomasz Zawol. Can someone help me out at your convenience? I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

~Connie

You sent only part of the death record, the second part is on the next page of the book.

its here: https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/35/1913/0/2.4/66/skan/full/TDq-ZPkV34DdrvisxIldFA

and here is the translation:

Prawno

It happened in the village Prawno on the 14th/26th day of February 1877 at 9 a.m. Appeared: Wojciech Miłek, 40 years old and Piotr Zawoł, 40 years old, peasant, farmers living in Prawno and they informed that on the 12th/24th day of February of the current year at noon died in Prawno Marianna Zauła nee Gronek, born in Grębowo located in Grębowo parish in austrian Galicia and living in Prawno for six years, 50 years old, daughter of deceased parents: Stanisław Gronek and his wife Magdalena Gronek . She widowed her husband Tomasz Zauła (farmer living in Prawno, 60 years old).
After eye belief about Marianna Zauła death this act was read aloud to the illiterate declarants and signed only by Us.

priest Aureli Wilczyński signature , Prawno parish chapel of ease administrator, serving as Civil Registrar.

hannahdudek

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:29 am      Post subject: Thanks

Marcel, Thank you for the Izbica Kujawski translations. I appreciate your help.
skiskiski

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:10 am      Post subject: Re: Translation

Hi Marcel,

Thank you so much for the translation, this has helped greatly!

And I appreciate the information regarding the tolerant act, this is so interesting and definitely helps provide additional context that I wouldn't have picked up on if I managed to translate this myself, I definitely want to learn more about it.

Would you please be able to assist with translating a few more documents?

Many thanks Marcel

Daniel Lewczuk _ Anastazja Marriage Record 310 (239).jpg
 Description:
Daniel Lewczuk _ Anastazja Marriage Record #310
 Filesize:  1.72 MB

Daniel Lewczuk _ Anastazja Marriage Record 310 (239).jpg

Anastazja Matejuk Death Record 31 (228).jpg
 Description:
Anastazja Matejuk Death Record 31 (228)
 Filesize:  1.13 MB

Anastazja Matejuk Death Record 31 (228).jpg

Bronisława Chilimoniuk Birth Record 14 (8).pdf
 Description:
Bronisława Chilimoniuk Birth Record #14

Download
 Filename:  Bronisława Chilimoniuk Birth Record 14 (8).pdf
 Filesize:  315.76 KB
 Downloaded:  234 Time(s)

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:21 am      Post subject: Re: Translation

skiskiski wrote:
Hi Marcel,

Thank you so much for the translation, this has helped greatly!

And I appreciate the information regarding the tolerant act, this is so interesting and definitely helps provide additional context that I wouldn't have picked up on if I managed to translate this myself, I definitely want to learn more about it.

Would you please be able to assist with translating a few more documents?

Many thanks Marcel

Nr 310
Gęś

Daniel Lewczuk
Anastazja Matejuk

It happened in the city Parczew on the 4th/17th day of May 1905 at 4 p.m. We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses: Stefan Mereszczuk, 58 years old and Jakub Wasieńczuk, 42 years old, both peasants from the village Gęś appeared:

Daniel Lewczuk, 53 years old, a single man, born and living in the village Gęś, son of Michał and Katarzyna nee Sienkiewicz

and

Anastazja Matejuk, 53 years old, a miss, born and living in the village Gęś, daughter od Teodor and Marta nee Osipiuk

and they informed that they concluded religious marriage on 1880.
Wedding ceremony took place.

This act was read aloud to the declarants and witnesses, signed only by us, declarants and witnesses are illiterate.

Nr 31
Witulin
Anastazja Matejuk

It happened in the city Biała on the 10th/23rd day of the January 1909 at 1 p.m. Appeared: Jakub Kozok, 41 years old and Jan Zuzula, 69 years old, farmers living in the village Hrud and they informed that on the 22nd day of January of the current year, at 5 a.m. in the village Witulin died Anastazja Matejuk, 32 years old, daughter of Jan and Marianna unknown maiden name, spouses Zuzula. She widowed her husband Józef Matejuk.
After eye belief about Anastazja Matejuk death this act was read aloud to the declarants, both illiterate and signed only by Us.

Nr 14

peasant Maria Chilimoniuk in extramarital relationship with peasant from the village Starzynki Adam Usik
child was given the name Bronisława, at home

It happened in the village Neple on the 6th day of October 1900 at 9 a.m. Appeared Mikołaj Iwaniuk, Kobylany community mayor, Biała county, 40 years old in the presence of Ignacy Jakubczuk, 69 years old and Daniel Pietraszuk, 39 years old, both peasants living in the village Starzynki and informed us that unmarried citizen of the village Starzynki Maria Chilimoniuk on the 22nd day of August 1899 gave birth to a female child and that she gave him the name Bronisława.
Because the child wasnt presented there were no religious rites of baptizm and confirmation made.
This act was entered into this book on the basis of official letter issued on the 16th day of May 1882*******. Act was read aloud to the declarant and witnesses, signed by Us and declarant, witnesses are illiterate.

Neple orthodox parish parson signature, serving as civil Registrar, Emilian Michalski.

****** - i think there is a mistake here, because there is written that the child was born 1899 and official letter was issued on 1882.

skiskiski

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:13 am      Post subject: Translations

Hi Marcel,

Thank you so much for your previous translations, it is incredibly helpful and I am now becoming a bit more familiar with the Russian documents, which will help me greatly with further research.

I have come across a few more documents in Russian, could you please assist with translating these?

Many thanks!

Jan Zienczuk Birth Record 927 (50).jpg
 Description:
Jan Zienczuk Birth Record #927
 Filesize:  1.71 MB

Jan Zienczuk Birth Record 927 (50).jpg

Korneliusz Zienczuk & Bronislaw Marraige Record 351 (246).jpg
 Description:
Korneliusz Zienczuk & Bronislaw Marriage Record #351
 Filesize:  1.73 MB

Korneliusz Zienczuk & Bronislaw Marraige Record 351 (246).jpg

Katarzyna Sergiejuk (Dowalewska) Death Record Maybe 32 (286) Russian.jpg
 Description:
Katarzyna Dowalewska Death Record Maybe #32
 Filesize:  1.86 MB

Katarzyna Sergiejuk (Dowalewska) Death Record Maybe 32 (286) Russian.jpg

Julianna Naumiuk Birth Record 1972 (240).jpg
 Description:
Julianna Naumiuk Birth Record #1972
 Filesize:  1.84 MB

Julianna Naumiuk Birth Record 1972 (240).jpg

sophiekrolski

Replies: 54

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:54 pm      Post subject: Translation

Hi. I would appreciate a translation of two Murzyn birth records from the Krasnopol Parish. One is Walter in 1879 and the other from 1891 I can't read the English version of the name, but the parents are correct (Peter and Josephine). Thanks.

Last edited by sophiekrolski on Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
djablonka

Replies: 45

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:42 pm      Post subject: Antoni Suwala Birth Record - 2 words

I have the last 4 lines of the document as the following in Russian:

Фрондракъ. Актя сей объявлялещепд и свидгътельять
Неграмотностъ прочитань нами только Подписань
Кс(ендз) M. козогиовскиу Адпи: вистеакаго
Бршходы содер: актов граж(данского): состояния

The translation from Russian to english is:

Frondrack. This act was declared and witnessed and
Due to Illiteracy read by us only and signed
Priest M. Kozoghovsky _______ :Wista
_______ Containing: Acts of Civil: Status

What are the words "Адпи" and "Бршходы"? I assume I spelled them wrong or they are abbreviations for something. Thanks in advance for your help.
Dave Jablonka

IMG-3825.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  677.61 KB

IMG-3825.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:00 am      Post subject: Re: Antoni Suwala Birth Record - 2 words

djablonka wrote:

What are the words "Адпи" and "Бршходы"? I assume I spelled them wrong or they are abbreviations for something. Thanks in advance for your help.
Dave Jablonka

Frądczak. This act was read aloud to the illiterate declarant and witnesses and signed only by Us.

priest M. Kozanowski, Wistka parish administrator, serving as civil registrar.

underlined words: administrator and parish

djablonka

Replies: 45

Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:15 am      Post subject: Re: Antoni Suwala Birth Record - 2 words

marcelproust wrote:
djablonka wrote:

Marcel, Thanks again. I really appreciate your help with this. Sincerely, Dave
Dave Jablonka

Frądczak. This act was read aloud to the illiterate declarant and witnesses and signed only by Us.

priest M. Kozanowski, Wistka parish administrator, serving as civil registrar.

underlined words: administrator and parish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 125, 126, 127 ... 337, 338, 339  Next Page 126 of 339

Jump to: