PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Russian records translations p.2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 175, 176, 177 ... 181, 182, 183  Next
Author

Replies: 20

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:21 pm      Post subject: In need of Marriage translated from Russian

Hello Everyone,

I have had tremendous help here on this website in the past few days! Today from with the help of Sophia and Dave, Sophia found my great great grandfather and mother's marriage record -- Antoni Balo and Johanna Czechowska. But I need documents translated from Russian into English, and my brother and I will make a donation to whomever can do this. I have been told Karol is very good at this!

It was explained to me from a Polish genealogist today that Balo(my Great Great Grandfather Antoni's original surname that I have been searching for) is the Russian translation in these documents, and that in order to learn its Polish version he would have to check pre-1867/1868 records.

According to him he assumes reviewing all 19th century and early 20th century Bakalarzewo records would take max.3 days (I assume all records have alphabetical indexes)

Sophia can't find Balo in the records of the time Anthony was born 1966-1967, so I am guessing he was born elsewhere. BUT hopefully in the marriage or baptism records it states the town and/or Parish he was born in. THEN I think hopefully that will be the key to his original Polish surname. Because apparently Balo is not officially it.

Skazdub (the town the Parish is in) is here:

https://www.google.pl/maps/place/16-423+Skazdub+Stary/@54.1152672,22.6629782,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x46e108bcc55c9517:0x6c3fb80e5236812a!8m2!3d54.115268!4d22.671733

This is the info I garnered from the Russian documents.

Bolesław Balo, born 13 Sep 1889, son of Antoni and Joanna nee Czechowska

Antoni Balo, 21 yrs old, son of Adam and Marianna nee Żylejda
and
Joanna Czechowska, 22 yrs old, daughter of Jóżef and Rozalia nee Czerniewska

Marriage on 21 Nov 1887.

Here are the links for the translator:

https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/63/149/0/1/90/str/1/10/15/y7RoTrB22HHSxbGSt2A9JQ/#tabSkany

https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/63/149/0/1/92/str/1/6/15/R0Ifh6F-aCU01BiPseUj9A/#tabSkany

Thanks very much for all the help I have gotten from this community!
Jan

Visit poster's website
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1815

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:19 pm      Post subject: Re: In need of Marriage translated from Russian

Jan_Barlow wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I have had tremendous help here on this website in the past few days! Today from with the help of Sophia and Dave, Sophia found my great great grandfather and mother's marriage record -- Antoni Balo and Johanna Czechowska. But I need documents translated from Russian into English, and my brother and I will make a donation to whomever can do this. I have been told Karol is very good at this!

It was explained to me from a Polish genealogist today that Balo(my Great Great Grandfather Antoni's original surname that I have been searching for) is the Russian translation in these documents, and that in order to learn its Polish version he would have to check pre-1867/1868 records.

According to him he assumes reviewing all 19th century and early 20th century Bakalarzewo records would take max.3 days (I assume all records have alphabetical indexes)

Sophia can't find Balo in the records of the time Anthony was born 1966-1967, so I am guessing he was born elsewhere. BUT hopefully in the marriage or baptism records it states the town and/or Parish he was born in. THEN I think hopefully that will be the key to his original Polish surname. Because apparently Balo is not officially it.

Skazdub (the town the Parish is in) is here:

https://www.google.pl/maps/place/16-423+Skazdub+Stary/@54.1152672,22.6629782,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x46e108bcc55c9517:0x6c3fb80e5236812a!8m2!3d54.115268!4d22.671733

This is the info I garnered from the Russian documents.

Bolesław Balo, born 13 Sep 1889, son of Antoni and Joanna nee Czechowska

Antoni Balo, 21 yrs old, son of Adam and Marianna nee Żylejda
and
Joanna Czechowska, 22 yrs old, daughter of Jóżef and Rozalia nee Czerniewska

Marriage on 21 Nov 1887.

Here are the links for the translator:

https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/63/149/0/1/90/str/1/10/15/y7RoTrB22HHSxbGSt2A9JQ/#tabSkany

https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/63/149/0/1/92/str/1/6/15/R0Ifh6F-aCU01BiPseUj9A/#tabSkany

Thanks very much for all the help I have gotten from this community!
Jan

Nr 43
folwark* Nowy Dwór

It happened in Bakałarzewo on the 9th/21st day of November 1887, at 3 p.m. We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses: Wojciech Wasilewski, 50 years old and Adam Rzepa, 36 years old, both church servants living in Bakałarzewo, there was concluded on this day religious marriage between:

Antoni Balo, a single man, 21 years old, son of late Adam and living Marianna nee Żymejda, spouses Balo, day labourer, born and living in the village Konopki

and

Joanna Czechowska, a miss, 22 years old, daughter of spouses: Józef Czechowski and Rozalia Czechowska nee Czerniewska, day labourer, born in folwark Rogożajny, living with her parents in folwark Nowy Dwór.

This marriage was preceded by the 3 banns of marriage announced in Bakałarzewo parish church on: 25th day of October/6th day of November, 1st/13th day of November and 8th/20th day of November of the current year.

Newlyweds declared they did not make prenuptial agreement.
Religious marriage ceremony performed by the undersigned priest.
This act was read to the illiterate newlyweds ans witnesses and signed by us.

Priest F. Świątkowski.

*folwark: is a Polish word for a primarily serfdom-based farm and agricultural enterprise (a type of latifundium), often very large.

===============================================================================

Nr 148
Konopka

It happened in Bakałarzewo on the 3rd/15th day of September 1889, at 1 p.m.
Appeared Antoni Balo, day laboured, 23 years old, living in the village Konopki, in the presence of Jakub Wondoł, 36 years old and Maciej Wrzała, 30 years old, 30 years old, both farmers living in the village Konopki, and presented us a male child, informing that the child was born in the village Konopki on the 1st/13th day of September of the current year, at 8 a.m. with his legal wife Joanna nee Czechowska, 24 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, by the priest Antoni Kudyrko, Bakałarzewo parish vicar, the child was given the name: Bolesław and the godparents were: Jakub Wondoł and Marianna Czechowska.
This act was read to the illiterate declarant and witnesses and signed by Us.

Priest F. Świątkowski.

Jan_Barlow

Replies: 20

Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:17 pm      Post subject:

Thanks so much for doing this so quickly! You are the best!

Jan

Visit poster's website
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:38 am      Post subject:

Jan_Barlow wrote:
Thanks so much for doing this so quickly! You are the best!

Jan

Here is Antoni's parents marriage record written in polish extracted from Bakałarzewo romancatholic parish from 1864 which confirms the surname Balo.

Konopki

It happened in Bakałarzewo town on the 13th day of November 1864, at 2 p.m.
We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses: Michał Wądołowski and Piotr Wądawski, both 45 years old, farmers from Konopki, there was concluded on this day religious marriage between:

Adam Balo, a young man, son of spouses: late Jakub Balo and living Marianna Balo nee Kapa, farmers living in Konopki. Servant, born and living in the village Konopki, 23 years old

and

Marianna Zamejda, a miss, daughter of spouses: late Marcin Zamejda and living Anna Zamejda nee Pawlukiewicz, who loosely lived*** in Trzciane. Born in Trzciane, living in Konopki, servant, 21 years old.

This marriage was preceded by the 3 banns of marriage announced in Bakałarzewo parish church on: 23rd day of October, 30th day of October and 6th day of November of the current year.

Newlyweds declared they did not make any prenuptial agreement.
Religious marriage ceremony was performed by the undersigned priest.
This act was read to the newlyweds and witnesses, all illiterate and signed by us.

Priest W. Siękiewicz, Bakałarzewo parish parson.

***There is used here polish term: luźno żyjący, which literally means: loosely living. In latin it was written in few ways: vagantes, vagabundae, rustici vagi or licentiosi.
Former Poland was a country with a clear state division. There were, however, numerous people who did not fit into this, then established, division into basic states: the nobility, burghers and peasants.
Irrespective of their social status, they could not be considered as either peasants or others. Their living conditions and customs were very different to those of serfs. They enjoyed considerable freedom, they were not assigned to the land. However, their living conditions were usually much worse than the peasants.

Adam Balo marriage.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  613.82 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Adam Balo marriage.jpg

ertylisz
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 89

Post Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:05 am      Post subject:

Could you please translate the attached marriage record. I also want to thank you for your last translation.

BRZUSKIEWICZ, GOSLINSKI MARRIAGE, 1880.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  569.26 KB

BRZUSKIEWICZ,  GOSLINSKI MARRIAGE, 1880.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:29 pm      Post subject:

ertylisz wrote:
Could you please translate the attached marriage record. I also want to thank you for your last translation.

Nepomucen
and
Agnieszka

It happened in Lądek, on the 21st day of November 1880, at 6 p.m.
We make it known, that in the presence of the witnesses: Teodor Sławniski, carpenter, 68 years old, and Paweł Formański, farmer, 50 years old, both living in Lądek, there was concluded on this day religious marriage between:

Nepomucen Gośliński, a single man, baker, 36 years old, born and living in Lądek, son of farmers: Antoni Gośliński and Marianna Goślińska nee Anasiewicz

and

Agnieszka Marcinkowska nee Brzeszkiewicz, widow after late Jan Marcinkowski, who died in Lądek on the 15th day of December of the previous year. Born and living in Lądek, daughter of late spouses: Konstanty Brzeszkiewicz and Regina Brzeszkiewicz nee Szumańska, farmers who lived in Lądek, 38 years old.

This marriage was preceded by the 3 banns of marriage announced in Lądek parish church, on: 31st day of October, 7th and 14th day of November of the current year.

There were no obstacles to this marriage.
This act was read to the newlyweds and witnesses, all illiterate and signed only by us.

ertylisz
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:40 pm      Post subject:

Can you please translate the 2 attached marriage documents. Thanks you in advance.

TYLISZ, HELENA, MARRIAGE, 1898.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  809.9 KB

TYLISZ, HELENA, MARRIAGE, 1898.jpg

ertylisz
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:45 pm      Post subject:

Had difficulty sending the second attachment. This is the second try.

TYLISZ, ANTONI, MARRIAGE IN 1897.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  812.58 KB

TYLISZ, ANTONI, MARRIAGE IN 1897.jpg

starshadow

Replies: 188

Post Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:22 pm      Post subject:

Please help me translate this 1907 death record from Kleczkowo.

1907-katarzyna-spizarna.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  420.49 KB

1907-katarzyna-spizarna.jpg

starshadow

Post Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:25 pm      Post subject:

Please also help me translate this 1895 death record from Kleczkowo.

1895-marianna-spizarna.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  377.34 KB

1895-marianna-spizarna.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:30 am      Post subject:

starshadow wrote:
Please also help me translate this 1895 death record from Kleczkowo.

i'm working on it.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:31 am      Post subject:

ertylisz wrote:
Had difficulty sending the second attachment. This is the second try.

Wacławowo

It happened in Lądek on the 28th day of January/9th day of February 1897, at 3 p.m.
We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses: Marcin Nowicki, 56 years old and Jakub Ratajczyk, 40 years old, both farmers from the village Wacławowo, there was concluded on this day religious marriage between:

Antoni Tylisz, a single man, 28 years old, born in Piotrowice, farmer living in the village Michałowo, son of farmer living in Lądek: Piotr Tylisz and his late wife Marianna nee Dombkiewicz

and

Józefa Sowińska, a miss, 20 years old, born in Kosewo, living with her parents in the village Wacławowo, daughter of spouses: Antoni Sowiński and Ludwika Sowińska nee Zielińska, farmers living in Wacławowo.

This marriage was preceded by the 3 banns of marriage announced in Lądek and Młodojewo parish churches on: 29th day of December of the previous year/10th day of january of the current year, 5th/17th day of January and 12th/24th day of January of the current year.

There were no obstacles to this marriage.
Bride's father gave oral permission for this marriage.
Religious marriage ceremony performed by Us, Lądek parish parson.
This act was read to the illiterate present and signed only by Us.

Priest Puchalski, parish parson.

Last edited by marcelproust on Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
doctorvalo

Replies: 80

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:09 pm      Post subject: Translation: 1900 Birth Dawid Aronowicz Kuciwicki, akta 18M

Hello again!

This is a new kind of birth record for me, so I would very much appreciate your help understanding what each column means so that I know how to find additional records that I need from this collection.

Attached is what I think is the page that contains the 1900 Biaystok birth record for Dawid Kuciwicki, son of Aron Judel Kuciwici and Fegja Dubitska, akta 18M.

My belief is that the record I want translated is the last one on the page, number 18, if it is for Dawid Kuciwicki. I do not need the others translated. I included the entire page because the labels on each column explain what each piece of information is, a I need to learn what they are.

Thanks so much for your help with this. Anything you can teach me about this kind of record will be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Valerie Edwards

Maybe 1900 Bialystok David Aronowicz Kuciwicki birth akta 18M.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.01 MB

Maybe 1900 Bialystok David Aronowicz Kuciwicki birth akta 18M.jpg

starshadow

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:07 pm      Post subject: Re: Translation: 1900 Birth Dawid Aronowicz Kuciwicki, akta

doctorvalo wrote:
Hello again!

This is a new kind of birth record for me, so I would very much appreciate your help understanding what each column means so that I know how to find additional records that I need from this collection.

Attached is what I think is the page that contains the 1900 Biaystok birth record for Dawid Kuciwicki, son of Aron Judel Kuciwici and Fegja Dubitska, akta 18M.

My belief is that the record I want translated is the last one on the page, number 18, if it is for Dawid Kuciwicki. I do not need the others translated. I included the entire page because the labels on each column explain what each piece of information is, a I need to learn what they are.

Thanks so much for your help with this. Anything you can teach me about this kind of record will be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Valerie Edwards

Hi Valerie. Just an amateur opinion. Yes #18 is the right record. In the very last box on the right I see "David", so that column must be the child's name.

In the next box over to the left of that box, on the 2nd line I read "Aaron Judel", on the 4th line I read "Kuciwicki", and on the 5th line it does look like it could be "Fegja". I can't make out the 1st, 3rd, or 6th lines though. But that must be the column with the parents' names.

The first two columns on the left are "sex", "male and "female". That's the best I can make out, if it helps.
starshadow

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:40 pm      Post subject:

I hope these records aren't too hard to read. I've been trying to translate them myself with much difficulty. For this one which I posted previously (the 1900 death record of Jan Spizarny), I can understand most of the names and vital data. But what I mainly need to know is why the mother Marianna's husband isn't listed. Does it say if she's a widow? Does it mention her husband anywhere? I believe her husband's name was Stanislaw Spizarny. I don't think Adam was her husband, but was instead her husband's brother. Thanks.

1900-jan-spizarny2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  880.07 KB

1900-jan-spizarny2.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 175, 176, 177 ... 181, 182, 183  Next Page 176 of 183

Jump to: