PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Russian records translations p.2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 273, 274, 275 ... 336, 337, 338  Next
Author

Replies: 26

Post Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:12 pm      Post subject:

marcelproust wrote:
I think the dates were given in Gregorian calendar. I took a look at the marriage records from that year and the dates of the banns of marriage, that were usualy announced on Sundays and the dates of the banns of marriage matched with the dates of Sundays in Gregorian calendar.

Oh, thank you for checking them ! I didn't think about marriage banns, but this is a pretty clear indication if they were used by the same priest.
jajan

Replies: 71

Post Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:24 pm      Post subject: Re: Another Death Record from Dolistowo Parish, Podlaskie Pr

marcelproust wrote:
jajan wrote:
Hi Marcel,

I have one more death record at this time from Dolistowo Parish, if you could please translate it when you have a chance:

Ewa Bolesta in 1855. I think it will have the same headings as the death record for Maciej Bolesta that you recently translated for me.

It is #261.

The direct link is at: https://poczekalnia.genealodzy.pl/pliki/APH-Wilno/ArchidiakonatBialostocki/ArchBialostocki_WM47a_DekanatBialostocki1855MZ/Dolistowo/2-Z1855/WM47_0844.jpg

Thank-You!

jajan

I am working on it.

Hi Marcel.

Just checking on this one to make sure it is still in your queue?

jajan
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:06 am      Post subject: Re: Another Death Record from Dolistowo Parish, Podlaskie Pr

jajan wrote:
marcelproust wrote:
jajan wrote:
Hi Marcel,

I have one more death record at this time from Dolistowo Parish, if you could please translate it when you have a chance:

Ewa Bolesta in 1855. I think it will have the same headings as the death record for Maciej Bolesta that you recently translated for me.

It is #261.

The direct link is at: https://poczekalnia.genealodzy.pl/pliki/APH-Wilno/ArchidiakonatBialostocki/ArchBialostocki_WM47a_DekanatBialostocki1855MZ/Dolistowo/2-Z1855/WM47_0844.jpg

Thank-You!

jajan

I am working on it.

Hi Marcel.

Just checking on this one to make sure it is still in your queue?

jajan

______
______
______
In the year of 1855, on December 27th, in the village of Mikicin, died Ewa Bolesława, peasant, died of kołtun*

*kołtun: Plica Polonica (synonym, plica neuropathica; common name, "Polish plait") is an uncommon condition in which the hair shaft becomes entangled irreversibly, forming a mass which is matted and sometimes can be sticky and moist.

Very often, this term was used to describe the general state of neglect and lack of hygiene, which could lead to various kinds of diseases.

______

She widowed her husband, Marcin Bolesław. She died at the age of 50. She was the Dolistowo parish parishioner. She left two sons: Kazimierz and Wincenty and 3 daughters: Anna, Rozalia and Marianna.

______

Her body was burried by the reverend Marcin Chwieckowski, the parish-priest of the Dolistowo parish church, on December 29th of the current year, in the parish cemetery in Dolistowo.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
jajan

Replies: 71

Post Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:08 am      Post subject: Another Death Record from Dolistowo Parish, Podlaskie Pr

Thank-You, Marcel! Your help with this is very much appreciated. jajan.
EGirardi

Post Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:31 pm      Post subject: Władysławów-Policzna 1886

Hello,

this is the baptism record for my great-grandaunt Helena Kubś in Władysławów, parish Policzna (powiat Zwoleń), born in 1886. May I please ask again for assistance in its translation ?

Thank you very much in advance !

Helena Kubs - Naissance.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  446.65 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Helena Kubs - Naissance.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:38 pm      Post subject: Re: Władysławów-Policzna 1886

EGirardi wrote:
Hello,

this is the baptism record for my great-grandaunt Helena Kubś in Władysławów, parish Policzna (powiat Zwoleń), born in 1886. May I please ask again for assistance in its translation ?

I am working on it.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:03 am      Post subject: Re: Władysławów-Policzna 1886

EGirardi wrote:
Hello,

Władysławów
Helena Kubś

It happened in the village of Policzna, on May 23rd, 1886, at 3 p.m.
Appeared Jan Kubś, peasant from the village of Władysławów, 30 years old, in the presence of Piotr Starzyk and Paweł Baran, peasants, both of age, both from the village of Władysławów, and presented Us a female infant child, informing that the child was born today in the village of Władysławów, at 1 a.m., of his legal wife, Marianna nee Kocylas, 25 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name: Helena, and the godparents were: Katarzyna Głogowska and Piotr Starzyk.
This act was read to the illiterate present and was signed by Us.

Priest Ambrożek, the parish-priest of the Policzna parish.

Left margin note: Helena Kubś married Józef Kühnel, in the year of 1910 in the parish of Węglewice.

I have attached this marriage record to this message.

marriage record.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.18 MB

marriage record.jpg

treich

Replies: 167

Post Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:25 am      Post subject: Am I close?

Can someone please check if the extracted information from this birth record No. 222 is correct?

https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=20&zs=0393d&sy=1871&kt=1&plik=221-222.jpg#zoom=1&x=264&y=1696

name: August Borowski
birth: 6/18 October 1871
birthplace: Kleszczyn
father: Andreas Borowski
mother: Susanna Treichel
event place: Michalki
event date: 12/24 October 1871

Screenshot 2021-10-06 081806.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  138.34 KB

Screenshot 2021-10-06 081806.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:55 am      Post subject: Re: Am I close?

treich wrote:
Can someone please check if the extracted information from this birth record No. 222 is correct?

https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=20&zs=0393d&sy=1871&kt=1&plik=221-222.jpg#zoom=1&x=264&y=1696

birth: 6/18 October 1871
father: Andreas Borowski
mother: Susanna Treichel
event place: Michalki
event date: 12/24 October 1871

birth: 6/18 September 1871
father: Andrzej Borowski
mother: Zuzanna Treichel
event place: Michałki
event date: 12/24 September 1871

EGirardi

Post Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:46 pm      Post subject: Re: Władysławów-Policzna 1886

marcelproust wrote:

Władysławów
Helena Kubś

It happened in the village of Policzna, on May 23rd, 1886, at 3 p.m.
Appeared Jan Kubś, peasant from the village of Władysławów, 30 years old, in the presence of Piotr Starzyk and Paweł Baran, peasants, both of age, both from the village of Władysławów, and presented Us a female infant child, informing that the child was born today in the village of Władysławów, at 1 a.m., of his legal wife, Marianna nee Kocylas, 25 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name: Helena, and the godparents were: Katarzyna Głogowska and Piotr Starzyk.
This act was read to the illiterate present and was signed by Us.

Priest Ambrożek, the parish-priest of the Policzna parish.

Left margin note: Helena Kubś married Józef Kühnel, in the year of 1910 in the parish of Węglewice.

I have attached this marriage record to this message.

Thank you so very much for this and for taking time to research the marriage certificate ! I actually already had their marriage certificate (which I asked you for help in its translation back in 2019, thank you again for it!), the parish of Węglewice is where they emigrated afterwards and where I believe the father Jan Kubś died. I have e-mailed the regional archives about it but still got no answers to this day - Szukaj w Archiwach only have the parish up to World War I.
peplinskil

Replies: 40

Post Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:17 am      Post subject: Łaguna-Dobrosielska marriage

Hello,
I would like to thank you for all your past translations, as they have helped me understand context and develop very basic translation skills. I will try to limit my inquiries to the things I am struggling with. But, to start, can you provide a full translation (including the bits about permissions, prenuptial agreements, and illiteracy) of the attached marriage record for my great-great-grandparents?

Thank you in advance,
Lee

1880-Franciszek Laguna & Marianna Dobrieselka-marriage certificate (russian).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  967.3 KB

1880-Franciszek Laguna & Marianna Dobrieselka-marriage certificate (russian).jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:55 pm      Post subject: Re: Łaguna-Dobrosielska marriage

peplinskil wrote:
Hello,
I would like to thank you for all your past translations, as they have helped me understand context and develop very basic translation skills. I will try to limit my inquiries to the things I am struggling with. But, to start, can you provide a full translation (including the bits about permissions, prenuptial agreements, and illiteracy) of the attached marriage record for my great-great-grandparents?

Thank you in advance,
Lee

Nr 9
Budy Milewskie

It happened in Koziebrody, on May 19th/31st, 1880, at 8 p.m.
We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses: Józef Krystyniak, 48 years old, farmer from Budy Koziebrodzkie and Franciszek Jankowski, 40 years old, farmer from Budy Piaseczne, the best friends of the newlyweds, a religious marriage was concluded on this day, between:

Franciszek Łaguna, a single man, 22 years old, son of the late Wojciech and living Elżbieta nee Staniszewska, who lives from her own resourses, the spouses Łaguna, living at his mother's in Budy Koziebrodzkie, who was born in Budy Koiziebrodzkie

and

Marianna Dobrosielska, a miss, 23 years old, daughter of the spouses: Feliks Dobrosielski and Dorota Dobrosielska nee Lewandowska, farmers living in Budy Milewskie, living at her parents' in Budy Milewskie, born in Budy Piaseczne.

This marriage was preceded by the three banns of marriage, announced in the parish church of Koziebrody, on: April 27th/May 9th, May 4th/16th and May 11th/23rd of the current year.

Groom's mother and the bride's parents, who were present at writing this marriage act, gave their oral permission for this marriage.

The newlyweds declared that they did not enter into the prenuptial agreement.
The religious marriage ceremony was performed by Us, the parish-priest, Piotr Kwiatkowski.
This act was read to the newlyweds and the witnesses, and due to their illiteracy it was signed by Us only.

The parish-priest of the Koziebrody parish, serving as Civil Registrar, Piotr Kwiatkowski.

peplinskil

Replies: 40

Post Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:59 pm      Post subject: Genowefa Ziółkowska birth certificate

Marcel,
Thank you very much for the prior marriage certificate translation.

Attached is a birth certificate for Genowefa Ziółkowska. I am not requesting a full translation. Instead, I am interested in the following:
1. Side note in the margin, written in Polish (attached separately) - this seems to document what would be a second marriage for Genowefa Ziółkowska, who originally married in 1912. Can you translate the side note, including the spouse's name as well as any indication of when the marriage occurred?

2. Osieczek - Not sure I have translated this village name correctly. In the Koziebrody parish records, there are entries for Budy Osieczk, Budy Osieczk Stare, and Budy Osiezck Nowo. But there are also a number of entries for Osieczek, like this one. Does it make sense that this village is currently known as Osiek? Or is this possibly a historical village name that no longer exists? Any perspective would be greatly appreciated.

3. What is the occupation for first witness, Julian Lonczynski? (possibly forester?)

Thanks for your help,
Lee Peplinski

1890-Genowefa Ziółkowska-birth certificate-side note (russian)-19Jan1890.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  73.76 KB

1890-Genowefa Ziółkowska-birth certificate-side note (russian)-19Jan1890.jpg

1890-Genowefa Ziółkowska-birth certificate (russian)-19Jan1890.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  202.11 KB

1890-Genowefa Ziółkowska-birth certificate (russian)-19Jan1890.jpg

julianpolishmann

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:15 am      Post subject: Death certificate nr. 50 of Julianna Lewandowska (1876)

Hello everyone,

I am new here so I hope it isn't against forum etiquette to upload a new image before the previous one has been translated. Apologies in advance.

I am trying to determine whether this record I found refers to one of my ancestors. The name (Julianna Lewandowska) certainly fits, but I am unsure about the remaining info.

I tried translating it myself but only managed with "Julianna Lewnadowska, robotnica, rodnivinlayasya v Nieszwa, doch' (...)" (female labourer, born in Nieszawa, daughter of (...)).

A full translation would of course be welcome, but I am especially interested in the passage that I started translating above, as it contains the most personal information. Thank you in advance.[/i]

Julianna-Lewandowska-Death-Certificate-Nr_50-Nieszawa-1876.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  450.92 KB

Julianna-Lewandowska-Death-Certificate-Nr_50-Nieszawa-1876.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:39 pm      Post subject: Re: Death certificate nr. 50 of Julianna Lewandowska (1876)

julianpolishmann wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am new here so I hope it isn't against forum etiquette to upload a new image before the previous one has been translated. Apologies in advance.

I am trying to determine whether this record I found refers to one of my ancestors. The name (Julianna Lewandowska) certainly fits, but I am unsure about the remaining info.

I tried translating it myself but only managed with "Julianna Lewnadowska, robotnica, rodnivinlayasya v Nieszwa, doch' (...)" (female labourer, born in Nieszawa, daughter of (...)).

A full translation would of course be welcome, but I am especially interested in the passage that I started translating above, as it contains the most personal information. Thank you in advance.[/i]

I am working on it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 273, 274, 275 ... 336, 337, 338  Next Page 274 of 338

Jump to: