PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Russian records translations p.2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 309, 310, 311 ... 337, 338, 339  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4200

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:10 am      Post subject: Re: Wilhelmina Jankowska Death 1878

jajan wrote:
Hi Marcel,

Could you please translate this death record for Wilhelmina Jankowska (nee Rydzewski) from Przerosl parish, Suwalki? I would be interested in a translation of the margin note as well.

Thank-You!

jajan

Bućki

It happened in Przerośl, on January 26th/May 8th, 1878, at 10 a.m.
Appeared Kazimierz Dzierżyński, 42 years old and Wojciech Łazarczyk, 35 years old, farmers living in the village of Bućki and they declared that on April 24th/May 6th of the current year, at 10 p.m., died in the village of Bućki: Wilhelmina Jankowska, wife of the gardener, who lived in Bućki, 47 years old, who was born in the village of Pawłówki [on the right margin here is a note; the word "Pawłówka" was crossed out] in the village of Plewki in Prussia, daughter of the late spouses: Fryderyk Rydzewski and his legal wife, Dorota nee Prostek, who was survived by her husband, Jan Jankowski.
After convinced myself about the death of Wilhelmina Jankowska, this act was read and it was signed by Us and the witness, kazimierz Dzierżyński. The witness Wojciech Łazarczyk was illiteraste.

The Przerośl parish-priest, Kazimierz Łopieński, serving as Civil Registrar, Kazimierz Dzierżyński.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:23 am      Post subject: Re: Marcel, Clarification please

BobJan wrote:
marcelproust wrote:
BobJan wrote:
I don't need a translation but just double checking due to confusion about this record. It is indexed as Stefania but I have long suspected that it is actually my grandfather Stefan since I cannot find his and it is in the right time area. But it does say it is a male and the name appears to have been corrected so I would like confirmation that this is indeed STEFAN before passing out to the relatives. Also, what is the correction in the margin about and the father's ""occupation".
Thank you so very much

This is the baptism record for a male child, names Stefan. There correction in the margin refers to the witnesses' occupation: the church servants.

Marcel, how do you read the occupation of the father, Franciszek

Literally in russian it is written: мелкопоместный владелец
which means a man holding and cultivating a small landed estate, possibly with noble origin, a landowner.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:07 am      Post subject: Re: Russian Translation Help Please

Trish wrote:
Hi Marcel,

Can you please translate this marriage record for me? I believe this document is in Russian.

This is what I know.

Antonina Pisarska - born 3 June 1860 in Pila. Parents: Andrzej Pisarski and Katarzyna Kantorska.

Antonina Pisarska married Kacper Jasiak in 1879. The record is from the microfilm from Wyszyna (Wladyslawow).

Thank you so much for your help.
Trish

Please notice the newlyweds did enter into the prenuptial agreement. You can order a copy of it from the State Archives.

Piła

It happened in the village of Wyszyna, on October 15th/27th, 1879, at 4 p.m.
We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses, Antoni Dąbrowski, a peasant from Piła, 45 years old and Wincenty Troczyński, a miller from Piła, 30 years old, a religious marriage was concluded on this day, between:

Kacper Jasiak, a single man, 24 years old, a son od Mikołaj and Antonina nee Bartosik, the Jasiak spouses, peasants who live in Chlebowo, who was born in Pęcherzewo and now living in Chlebowo at his parents'

and

Antonuna Pisarska, a miss, 18 years old, daughter of spouses: Andrzej Pisarski and Katarzyna Pisarska nee Kantorska, peasants living in the village of Piła, who was born in Piła and lives in Piła at her parents'.

This marriage was preceded by the three banns of marriage, announced on October 5th, 12th and 19th of the current year.

The newlyweds did enter into the prenuptial agreement, in front of the notary Kowalski, in the town of Turek, at number 673.

There were no objections for this marriage.
This act was read to the illiterate present and it was signed by Us only.

Priest Franciszek Kubicki.

jajan

Replies: 71

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:17 am      Post subject: Jan Jankowski Remarriage 1879 Przerosl

Thank-You, Marcel, for the translation of Wilhelmina Jankowski’s death record. As always, it is truly appreciated. I have one more translation request for now, if you can do so. It is Jan Jankowski’s 2nd marriage in 1879 in Przerosl, Suwalki. It crosses two pages. jajan.

Jan Jankowski 1879 Remarriage Przerosl pg 2.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  295.67 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Jan Jankowski 1879 Remarriage Przerosl pg 2.gif

Jan Jankowski 1879 Remarriage Przerosl pg 1.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  174.49 KB

Jan Jankowski 1879 Remarriage Przerosl pg 1.gif

Trish
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 299

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:32 am      Post subject: Re: Russian Translation Help Please

marcelproust wrote:
Trish wrote:
Hi Marcel,

Can you please translate this marriage record for me? I believe this document is in Russian.

This is what I know.

Antonina Pisarska - born 3 June 1860 in Pila. Parents: Andrzej Pisarski and Katarzyna Kantorska.

Antonina Pisarska married Kacper Jasiak in 1879. The record is from the microfilm from Wyszyna (Wladyslawow).

Thank you so much for your help.
Trish

Please notice the newlyweds did enter into the prenuptial agreement. You can order a copy of it from the State Archives.

Piła

It happened in the village of Wyszyna, on October 15th/27th, 1879, at 4 p.m.
We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses, Antoni Dąbrowski, a peasant from Piła, 45 years old and Wincenty Troczyński, a miller from Piła, 30 years old, a religious marriage was concluded on this day, between:

Kacper Jasiak, a single man, 24 years old, a son od Mikołaj and Antonina nee Bartosik, the Jasiak spouses, peasants who live in Chlebowo, who was born in Pęcherzewo and now living in Chlebowo at his parents'

and

Antonuna Pisarska, a miss, 18 years old, daughter of spouses: Andrzej Pisarski and Katarzyna Pisarska nee Kantorska, peasants living in the village of Piła, who was born in Piła and lives in Piła at her parents'.

This marriage was preceded by the three banns of marriage, announced on October 5th, 12th and 19th of the current year.

The newlyweds did enter into the prenuptial agreement, in front of the notary Kowalski, in the town of Turek, at number 673.

There were no objections for this marriage.
This act was read to the illiterate present and it was signed by Us only.

Priest Franciszek Kubicki.

Hi Marcel,
Thank you so much translating this document for me. Have a wonderful day!
Trish
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:03 am      Post subject: Re: Jan Jankowski Remarriage 1879 Przerosl

jajan wrote:
Thank-You, Marcel, for the translation of Wilhelmina Jankowski’s death record. As always, it is truly appreciated. I have one more translation request for now, if you can do so. It is Jan Jankowski’s 2nd marriage in 1879 in Przerosl, Suwalki. It crosses two pages. jajan.

I am working on it.

TedMack

Replies: 480

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:32 am      Post subject: Russian Records Translation

G'day Marcel

Can you please translate the attached record.

Cheers
Ted

Death Anna Oleyniczak - record 36(2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  252.96 KB

Death Anna Oleyniczak - record 36(2).jpg

Dave D

Replies: 66

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:22 pm      Post subject: Wiktorya Dubaj - 1881 Birth Record

I would very much appreciate a translation of the attached record. I believe it is the 1881 birth record of my great aunt, Wiktorya Dubaj.
Thank you in advance,
Dave D

Dubaj Wiktorya - 1881 BirthDoc #98.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  690.24 KB

Dubaj Wiktorya - 1881 BirthDoc #98.jpg

cgpooh1

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:10 pm      Post subject: polish--> English translation needed (Stanislaw Archacki)

Having a lot of trouble with the handwriting . Document listed under Stanislaw Archacki

Thanks in advance

Stanislaw Archacki.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  690.98 KB

Stanislaw Archacki.jpg

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2783

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:23 am      Post subject: Re: polish--> English translation needed

cgpooh1 wrote:
Having a lot of trouble with the handwriting . Document listed under Stanislaw Archacki

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Welcome to this forum. The probable reason for your difficulty with the handwriting is that the document is written in Russian rather than Polish. Russian uses the Cyrillic alphabet and while some letters in Cyrillic script may resemble letters in Latin script most do not correspond to letters used by westerners. This is a marriage record and only the names of the groom and the bride which appear in parenthesis are in Polish. A handy rule of thumb for records from Russian controlled Poland is that records until 1868 are in Polish and records from 1868 until the end of WWI are in Russian.

If you post your translation request under the Russian Records Translations p.2 https://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=3525 Marcel Proust will be able to provide you with a translation of the document.

Wishing you success,

Dave
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:26 am      Post subject: Re: polish--> English translation needed (Stanislaw Archa

cgpooh1 wrote:

Thanks in advance

I am working on it.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:19 am      Post subject: Re: polish--> English translation needed (Stanislaw Archa

cgpooh1 wrote:

Thanks in advance

Nr 29
Siemień and Stara Łomża
It happened in the town of Łomża, on January 26th/February 7th, 1893, at 6 p.m.
We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses, Franciszek Kozłowski, 70 years old and Tomasz Jawlecki??, 80 years old, both farmes living in Siemień, a religious marriage was concluded on this day, between:

Stanisław Archacki, a widower, a farmer, 36 years old, who was born and lives in Siemień, located in the local parish, son of the spouses: Bartłomiej Archacki and Marianna Archacka nee Margielska

and

Stanisława Konopko, a miss, 18 years old, who was born in Łomżyca, located in the local parish, daughter of Ludwik and Katarzyna nee Fronckiewicz, the Konopko spouses, living at her parents' on the farm in Stara Łomża.

This marriage was preceded by the three banns of marriage, announced in the local parish church on: January 3rd/15th, January 10th/22nd and January 17th/29th of the current year.

The bride's father verbally consented to his daughter's marriage.
The newlyweds declared they did not enter into the prenuptial agreement.
The religious marriage ceremony was performed by the priest Karpowicz, the local parish vicar.
This act was read to the newlyweds and the witnesses, who all were illiterate and it was signed by Us only.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:45 am      Post subject: Re: Wiktorya Dubaj - 1881 Birth Record

Dave D wrote:
I would very much appreciate a translation of the attached record. I believe it is the 1881 birth record of my great aunt, Wiktorya Dubaj.
Thank you in advance,
Dave D

Teodorówka

It happened in the village of Radzięcin, on December 3rd/15th, 1881, at 4 p.m.
Appeared Jan Dubaj, a peasant, living in the village of Teodorówka, 30 years old, in the presence of Piotr Franczak, 37 years old and Franciszek Kość, 33 years oldd, peasants living in the village of Teodorówka, and presented Us a female infant child, informing that the child was born in the village of Teodoróka, on December 2nd/14th of the current year, at 10 p.m., t his legal wife, Katarzyna nee Kubin, 30 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, by the priest Mateusz Kwiatkowski, the child was given the name: Wiktoria, and the godparents were: Piotr Franczak and Katarzyna Sobtylka, Franciszek Kość and Agata Mudowa.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses and due to their illiteracy it was signed by Us.

Priest Mateusz Kwiatkowski.

jajan

Replies: 71

Post Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:45 pm      Post subject: Re: Jan Jankowski Remarriage 1879 Przerosl

jajan wrote:

Hi Marcel,

Just checking in on this request from August 4th for a translation of Jan Jankowski’s 2nd marriage in 1879 in Przerosl, Suwalki?

Thank-You, jajan.
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:10 pm      Post subject: Re: Russian Records Translation

TedMack wrote:
G'day Marcel

Can you please translate the attached record.

Cheers
Ted

Nr 36
Kiełczew Smużny

It happened in the village of Wrząca Wielka, on May 9th/21st, 1873, at 12 o'clock at noon.
Appeared Szczepan Olejniczak, 50 years old and Andrzej Michalak, 40 years old, both farmers living in Kiełczew Smużny and they declared that on May 7th/19th of the current year, died in Kiełczew Smużny, at 11 p.m.: Anna Olejniczak, 11 years old, daughter of Mateusz and Małgorzata nee Jakubowska, the Olejniczak spouses, farmers living in Kiełczew Smużny.
After convinced myself about the death of Olejniczak this act was read to the declarants and it was signed by Us only, because the declarants were illiterate.

Priest's signature.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 309, 310, 311 ... 337, 338, 339  Next Page 310 of 339

Jump to: