PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 97

Post Posted: Sun May 15, 2016 5:29 pm      Post subject: DNA Polska

I've made an attempt with google translate to create a Polish version of my genetic genealogy efforts. Please feel free to critique. http://www.singingfalls.com/dna_polska.html
Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
sirdan
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 304

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:44 pm      Post subject:

Hello Stanley.
I started recently aquiring some information about dna genealogy. Your dna_polska is definitely interesting and give great example what we can expect from doing a research. Hopefully you find more people with matches, but it looks like you already got the overall picture.

I live in Poland, but most likely have no slavic genes. My region is not ordinary, there are many descendants of germanic settlers, who were settled by polish king in XIV century. By this, I always thought there would be no need to do DNA research. But thanks to your blogpost, now i wonder about resolving one mystery of where excatly germanic ancestors come from. When many samples would be taken from people with germanic names like mine, we could find a place of whence ancestors came. That would be breakthrough, because this place is still not certain..

Wish you more updates and more findings about your roots.
singingfalls
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:41 pm      Post subject:

Thank you so very much for chiming in on the topic. Although I am considered 99% Eastern European it may be of interest to you that the only reasonably close SNP match I have to date is with a man named Schindler. That's what I find very fascinating about this topic. For instance, the average Pole is 65% to 85% Eastern European ethnicity. My ancestors somehow missed the mixing that come from conquering nations. The discovery of another branch of the male Y chromosome tree is another very interesting aspect of this. The MRCA (Most Recent Common Ancestor) I have with the group that has been found (five of us) is like 1500 years ago. Also, one individual of that group is Slovakian, two are Polish and two are Russian. My keenest interest is in the field of ancient inhabitants of Europe of which I am in a direct lineage. We're talking stone pointed arrows and spears. I am learning much daily. Through the DNA testing and genealogical forums associated with it I have come into contact with several cousins and distant relatives. Very powerful incentive for me to visit Poland.
Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
MDuplaga
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 103

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:54 pm      Post subject:

Stasu,

I do not understand most of your DNA Data, other than the stated locations identified. However, that is one heck of a site that you have put together! The stories and history and photos of your beloved homestead and your work is quite interesting~Bravo for a job well done and a very interesting life you both live!

MaryAnne
singingfalls
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:54 pm      Post subject:

Thank you very much MaryAnne. I appreciate your encouragement. I am hoping to do a page for genealogy also as time permits. When the rainy season comes here in Oregon I spend time hacking on the computer.
Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
dgawell

Replies: 63

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:17 am      Post subject: English version?

That is impressive. Do you have the English version available?
singingfalls
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:39 am      Post subject:

Thank you dgawell. Yes the English version is here: http://www.singingfalls.com/dna.html I wish I could say if the Polish version was a quality product. I simply used googletranslate to make the linguistic change from English to Polish. A friendly acquaintance who lives in Poland said it was very understandable.
Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Our Gen Stories, Websites and Blogs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: