PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 14

Post Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:53 am      Post subject:

Shellie...I just found out that my great-grandmother's maiden name isn't Buda but Bak/Bonk. So, we're getting somewhere! My brother has no idea why the person that wrote the letter erased Bonk/bank and wrote in Buda. So, back to the drawing board for me again. Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated
Send e-mail
Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 998

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:49 pm      Post subject:

Elaine,
Each new hint is like a jewel, isn't it? I hope this is the start of something good!! I looked at my records, but no Bak or Bonk.
Shellie
Elaine

Post Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:39 pm      Post subject:

Shellie wrote:
Elaine,
I am so glad that I was able to help you. Please be sure to post some updates as you progress with your research. You never know who will find the info useful in the future. I hope that the phone call will reveal a ton of information!
Warmest Regards,
Shellie

Hi Shellie!

Was finally able to get together with my brother once again. He keeps giving me assignments on what to look for! LOL

In my search on Ellis Island, I was just browsing and noticed a Wictorya Mazur came to America with 3 of her Children.on May 5, 1908 on the ship Kronprinzessin niCecilie (Manifest Line Number 0024) It states on the manifest that she was going to visit her husband Bronislaw Mazur in Uniontown, PA. Her children's names were Ludrina (possibly be my grandmother Louise/Ludwinka) Mazur, age 10 (to the best of my knowledge my Busia was born in 1893, which would've made her 15) and it listed her Ethnicity as Austria, Polish. Then a Jendrzej Mazur, US Born, age 8y, Male (possibly be my great-uncle Andy with his name mispelled?) And the 3rd child was Antonina Mazur, US Born, age 7y.
The part that truly has me confused is to the best of all of our family's knowledge, Louise was born in Cleveland, OH. We were told that the church burnt down with all the records. She is not listed in the Cleveland Library at all. Could this manifest/passenger record be my grandmother's? If so, where was she born?
My brother seems to think that Bronislaw was fromCzarny Dunajec, Poland. and that Wiktorya Bak/Bonk was from a village nearby.
On Wiktorya Mazur's manifest, it states she was in USA I believe 1892, but the only Victoria Mazur I found arrived on Dec 26, 1892 with a child named Jasza, Femaile, 2 years old. If she truly was my grandmother's mother, then she was over 6 months pregnant when she arrived to USA and was headed for Cleveland, OH. I do not know who Jasza would be.
It seems like I'm getting myself more confused and am thankful for my brother's 3 trips to Poland. He feels we're on the right track here.
Do you have any suggestions where I might look next?
Send e-mail
Shellie

Post Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:12 am      Post subject:

Hi Elaine,
Your story is getting better and better! I've moved our conversation back over to your original posting so we can focus on your family. http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=637&highlight=mazur
Shellie

Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:33 pm      Post subject:

Czarny Dunajec is located in an an area of Poland called Podhale and the people living in this area proudly referred to themselves as Goral. To learn more about Goral, visit the part of the forum specifically devoted to this topic.
http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewforum.php?f=29
Enjoy!
tedleja

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:43 pm      Post subject:

Hello:
I'm looking for the son of Agnieska Leja (my great aunt) born on Feb. 21, 1915 in Koniowka. She married Józef Leja from Podczerwone, Piotr’s and Rozalia’s (Podczerwińska) son on Aug. 5, 1933. Their first child Stanisław was born on Oct. 1, 1936 but the family left Koniówka probably for Podczerwone. Three Generations of Lejas were born in their property that was on the north end of Koniówka on the left river side. It must have been the last house in town. A stone house now built by another family after Lejas had left the place and moved to unknown places. I don't know when they moved to unknown places. My grandfather Andrjez Leja immigrated to Canada in 1935 with my father and 2 sisters leaving their half sister Agnieska. This is the details from Boy_Dan who was born in Koniowka and suggested that I check for surviving Leja's maybe Agnieska and Jozef and maybe more than 1 son Stanislaw survived. So I may have a cousin or 2 or nieces and nephews. My aunt used to send care packages to Poland but I was unable to find out exactly where.
Thank you
Ted Leja
Belleville ON Canada
Send e-mail
Elaine

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:01 pm      Post subject:

Shellie!
Hope all is well with you and yours. Just have a quick question and didn't know how else to get ahold of you. Are there any records of people leaving America, like the ones listed in Ellis Island of the arrivals?
I'm trying to find out when my grandmother, Louise Mazur, left (we think it's 1896 when she was 3. She is the one that was born in Cleveland, OH, all records were destroyed in a fire where she was baptized. I was hoping it would tell me possibly where she might've lived with her parents, of course, in Poland for 13 years.
Hope you have a wonderful Easter!
Elaine
Send e-mail
Shellie

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:26 pm      Post subject:

Hi Elaine,
It is good to hear from you! If you ever can't find me, you can send me a personal message through PO. Just go to the top of the page where it usually says "you have no new messages" and you can post a message to me (use my membername Shellie).

I am going to post my reply to your question at your Mazur thread:
http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?p=2933
sasha0223

Replies: 19

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:07 pm      Post subject: Cznary Dunajec

I have received information that my relatives are from Cznary Dunajec, Stare Bystre and Piekielnik. I trying to locate any information that you can provide. Last names are Cencula, Kedziorski, Haberna. My great grnad father was Andrzej Cencula, his mothers name was Agnes Cencula, not able to located father and his wife was Rozalia Kedziorski.Her mothers name was Katarzyna Haberna, her fathers name was Pawle Kedzorski. I was told to try to locete parish records. My grandmothers last name was Zemba. Her name was Mary, her fathers name was Joseph and mother name was Catherine. They had 7 children france was the only one born in Poland.
Bill Rushin
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 311

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:08 am      Post subject: Re: Cznary Dunajec

sasha0223 wrote:
I have received information that my relatives are from Cznary Dunajec, Stare Bystre and Piekielnik..

Sent you a private message but the map would not load. So I'm posting it here.

map 1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  130.59 KB
 Viewed:  9703 Time(s)

map 1.png

Send e-mail
sasha0223

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:29 pm      Post subject:

Thank you for the map. Is there a way to contact those towns to research family history?
sasha0223

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:32 pm      Post subject: Czarny Dunajec

I recently received information tha my great grandparents were from the town of Czarny Dunajec. My great grandfather was Andrew Cencula and my great grandmother was Rozalia Kendzierski. His mother was Agnes Cencula not able to locate father and Rozalia parents were Pawel and Katarzyna (Harberna). I was wanting to know if there is a location in Cznary Dunajec that may records of my family.
sasha0223

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:36 pm      Post subject: Relatives from Cznary Dunajec

I have recently found out that my great-grandparents might be from Cznary Dunajec. They were Andrzej Cencula and Rozalia Kendzierski. Andrzej's mother was Agnes Cencula and his father not known. Rozalia's parent were Pawel Kendzierski and Katarzyna Haberna(Chaberna?). I was wanting to know where I can find more about them.
roseanne

Replies: 30

Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:15 pm      Post subject: Czarny Dunajec

My ancestors came from four different areas of Poland. I will focus on those from Czarny Dunajec. My great grandparents are Jozef Lopata and Kunegunda Szaflarska. I know they were born, married, and had three children (Johan, Anna, Stanislaw) in Czarny Dunajec. Stanislaw died before the family came to USA in 1901. Anna is my grandmother. I am trying to get any records held there. Can anyone help me find the correct place to write? I had been in contact with someone from the area. Since 2011, we had been exchanging information, documents, and photos; we are most likely cousins, three times removed. This wonderful person went to the church and tried to get the records for me. The new priest at the church refused because of privacy laws. The civil records office refused because he was not a blood relative. I got the name and email address of the church. I wrote them a letter in Polish two months ago requesting documents and method of payment. I did not receive a reply yet. Do you think they will answer or just disregard my request? I appreciate any help. By the way, the Lopata family settled in Gallitzin, PA, but I don’t know if they were part of the coal mining group. By 1910, they relocated to northern Wisconsin.
Roseanne
Cheri Vanden Berg

Replies: 497

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:13 am      Post subject:

Roseanne,
YOU might be able to send for records from the Civil Records Office. On this forum at Polish Origins
http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1596&highlight=Gronkow
member myonick wrote: "In the past I wrote to the parishes in Gronkow and Ostrowsko, but with no reply. At that time I was looking for my grandmother's birth record. I also wrote to the church achives in Krakow, but they directed me back to the parish in Gronkow. My final attempt was to write to the civil record office. The civil record office had the record, but it was sent to the Polish Consulate in Chicago. The Polish Consulate than billed me for the record and than I received it. "

Gronkow is in the Krakow Archives, as is Czarny Dunajec, though I don't know what records would be available for either parish there. You might be interested in reading the discussion on that forum. Like Gilberto, I had thought that church records older than 100 years were copied to the Diocese/Archdiocese, but no, it its the Civil Registry Office that transfers records to the State Archives. There are church records that are transferred, but in the case of the church my grandmother was baptized in, Odrowaz (she was born in nearby Zaluczne), there are gaps in the years of the records the Archdiocese has for her church.
Cheri
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Page 2 of 4

Jump to: