PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1000

Post Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:56 pm      Post subject: Makacz Makuch Matyja (Odrowaz village) 1823 birth certif

The online auction site Delcamp.net has a 1823 birth certificate for Jozef Makuch (probably spelled Makacz) for sale at the link below.

I am not the seller, I just stumbled upon it while searching for links to my family village Odrowaz. It is listed as Josepus Makuch - Chatarina Hatyja - Odrowaz - Tarnów -Galicia -Lodz - Poland - 1856 AV657 Item number: 53786905. The price without shipping is 12 euros. I don't know how long it has been for sale, but I first looked at it in May 2009 and the seller has relisted it several times at the same price.

I am not an expert, so I can not comment whether the document is authentic. It is very similar to the document I have for my grandfather who was born in 1908 in Poland. The site allows you to zoom in on the photos and clearly read the document. I was able to confirm the birth record during my Forefathers Traces Tour with Zenon - however, the seller has deciphered the names incorrectly.

The certificate records the 1823 birth of Jozef Makacz (Makuch?) to Andrzej Makacz and Katarzyna Matyja (I am using the spellings taken from my records)

If these names match your family, you might be interested in taking a look at this. The seller's user name is Merlion and he is located in Romania. I have never purchased anything from this auction site, but I did register so I could contact the seller about other documents from that area of Poland. He actually had another document for this same Jozef (see additional threads below).

This is the link - I tested it on 16 DEC 2009 and was able to connect directly to the item:

http://www.delcampe.net/page/item/language,E,id,53786905,var,Josepus-Makuch-Chatarina-Hatyja-Odrowaz-Tarnow-Galicia-Lodz-Poland-1856-AV657.html

UPDATE: 03 FEB 2010 - this item is still for sale at this same link

Makucz and Matyja baptismal record (Click to enlarge).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  93.6 KB
 Viewed:  6295 Time(s)

Makucz and Matyja baptismal record (Click to enlarge).jpg

Matyja.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  84.57 KB
 Viewed:  6297 Time(s)

Matyja.JPG

Last edited by Shellie on Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
Shellie

Post Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:09 pm      Post subject:

There is also a document at the same site for Jozef Makuch and Magdalena Depta (or maybe Depła). The price is 12 Euros. The seller states that this is a marriage certificate. If you click on each photo, you can zoom in and get a better look.

I am curious about this document and what it is saying. I'm not asking for a full translation, but would someone could take a look and give me a general idea of what it says? I know that Jozef Makuch was from my ancestral village Odrowaz, but does the certificate say anything about where Magdalena was from and who her parents were?

http://stamps.delcampe.net/page/item/id,53780898,var,Joseph-Makuch-Magdalena-Depta-Neu-Sandetz-Nowy-Sacz-Poland-1857-AV649,language,E.html

I checked this link on 03 JAN 2010 and was able to connect directly to the item.
I checked this link on 09 APR 2012 and the item was not longer there.

Makuch marriage record.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  613.26 KB
 Viewed:  6295 Time(s)

Makuch marriage record.jpg

Last edited by Shellie on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 597

Post Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:12 pm      Post subject:

Shellie,
an interesting record! The text is in old German writing, I can read part of it, but not all, it's not a marriage record but a letter about a marital legislation (a so-called "politischer Ehekonsens") that was needed for Jozef Makuch's marriage to Magdalena.
Ute
Shellie wrote:
There is also a document at the same site for Jozef Makuch and Magdalena Depta (or maybe Depła). The price is 12 Euros. The seller states that this is a marriage certificate. If you click on each photo, you can zoom in and get a better look.

I am curious about this document and what it is saying. I'm not asking for a full translation, but would someone could take a look and give me a general idea of what it says? I know that Jozef Makuch was from my ancestral village Odrowaz, but does the certificate say anything about where Magdalena was from and who her parents were?

http://stamps.delcampe.net/page/item/id,53780898,var,Joseph-Makuch-Magdalena-Depta-Neu-Sandetz-Nowy-Sacz-Poland-1857-AV649,language,E.html

I checked this link on 16 DEC 2009 and was able to connect directly to the item.
violin75

Replies: 73

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:36 pm      Post subject:

Shellie:
Very interesting document indeed. My ggrandmother is Helena Makuch(b.1897) and her father was Stanislaw Makuch. Im just not sure if Joseph Makuch was related or not. I did not realize people auctioned off documents like that!
Happy Polish Hunting!
Brandy Piotrowski Dowen

Last edited by violin75 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shellie

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:52 pm      Post subject:

Brandy,
Was Helena Makuch from Odrowaz or the Czarny Dunajec area?

Oops, I just saw your other posting stating that she was from Szczuczin-Lenka, Dombrowa!
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:43 am      Post subject:

Shellie wrote:
Oops, I just saw your other posting stating that she was from Szczuczin-Lenka, Dombrowa!

Or to be more precise from Łęka Szczucińska, Szczucin and Dąbrowa Tarnowska, click here for the google map: http://bit.ly/auDJtJ Wink.

Here is my full reply to Brandy's question: http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?p=1642#1642
Send e-mail
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 597

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:23 am      Post subject: Jozef Makuch-Wojciech Magiera-Antonina Rol

Shellie wrote:
... I know that Jozef Makuch was from my ancestral village Odrowaz ...

Shellie,
while researching my ROL ancestor from Szaflary-Banska I came across a Wojciech Magiera, b abt 1884 who married Antonina ROL. He immigrated to the US on May 29, 1902 via Baltimore, Maryland on board of the SS Dresden, departure Bremen, last residence Szaflory [Szaflary]. The passenger record indicates that his destination in the US was his brother-in-law Jozef Makuch in Chicago, 7204, Paulina St. Do you know if the Jozef Makuch from Odrowaz settled in Chicago?
Ute
Shellie

Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:23 pm      Post subject: Re: Jozef Makuch-Wojciech Magiera-Antonina Rol

Ute wrote:
Shellie wrote:
... I know that Jozef Makuch was from my ancestral village Odrowaz ...

Shellie,
while researching my ROL ancestor from Szaflary-Banska I came across a Wojciech Magiera, b abt 1884 who married Antonina ROL. He immigrated to the US on May 29, 1902 via Baltimore, Maryland on board of the SS Dresden, departure Bremen, last residence Szaflory [Szaflary]. The passenger record indicates that his destination in the US was his brother-in-law Jozef Makuch in Chicago, 7204, Paulina St. Do you know if the Jozef Makuch from Odrowaz settled in Chicago?
Ute

Hi Ute! I'm sorry but I don't have an answer. The Jozef from Odrowaz was born in 1823, so I'm not sure it is the same man. But you have found an interesting clue that is probably worth some more exploration!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: