PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:00 am      Post subject: English/Polish translator available in Suwalki?

My sister and I are going to Suwalki July 23-26, 2016, to meet 2 cousins we just found. We would like to hire a translator to help us communicate with them. Any ideas on how we could find an English/Polish translator near Suwalki? Thanks and blessings.
Tina Ellis

Replies: 74

Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:37 am      Post subject:

I've heard of people finding translators by contacting Polish travel agencies in the US. See if you can Google it and find someone who can help you.

Tina Ellis
[email protected]
Send e-mail
SongsofLife

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:38 am      Post subject:

Thank you Tina!
Tina Ellis

Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:17 am      Post subject:

You are welcome.

Tina Ellis
[email protected]
Send e-mail
rikpons

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:54 am      Post subject:

I have not made plans to go to Poland to meet my cousin there. Maybe i should think about that. I sometimes like to send him letter or mail in Polish, i use the translation service provided by EchoEE. I am not sure, if they will provide translator or not but you can ask them, they might have contacts.
Tina Ellis

Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:55 pm      Post subject:

If you do not speak or understand Poland, and if your cousin does not speak or understand English, I recommend hiring somone. Otherwise, it will be an agonizing visit looking up every word in a dictionary.

Before you hire someone ask your cousin if there are any relatives there who speak and understand English.
Send e-mail
Agnieszka Pawlus
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 748

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:55 am      Post subject: Re: English/Polish translator available in Suwalki?

SongsofLife wrote:
My sister and I are going to Suwalki July 23-26, 2016, to meet 2 cousins we just found. We would like to hire a translator to help us communicate with them. Any ideas on how we could find an English/Polish translator near Suwalki? Thanks and blessings.

SongsofLife,

I do not know if you are aware that PolishOrigins might arrange for you the genealogy guide who might assist you to Suwałki area this July.
To find out more please check our website for Genealogy Tours: http://polishorigins.com/tours/genealogy-tours/ and Family Reunions: http://polishorigins.com/tours/family-reunions/.

If you have any questions, feel free to write us to [email protected]
Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Other topics related to Poland and Polish roots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: