PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:50 am      Post subject: Lipniki records

Posted by Waldemar Chorowiecz in a FB group.

"Sometimes genealogists' dreams do come true. Smile The parish registers of the parish in Lipniki from the years 1838 -1889 were lost during World War II. The pastor was murdered by the Nazis in a concentration camp, and he was the only person who could know something in this matter. In 1986 the rectory was renovated. Workers began to demolish a a wooden ceiling covered with reeds and plaster. Suddenly a secret safe collapsed and on the floor spilled out the parish books from the years 1838-1889. They were preserved in excellent condition -- a gift falling down from heaven. Smile

I decided to lead an effort to digitize these books. There is no prior agreement in place with the Diocese of Łomża to allow for publication of parish records on the internet. After several months of negotiations led by Dorian Olszewski, they agreed to a compromise. The books have been photographed by the dependable Wawrzyniec Myśliński. Images of the records will be made available for a fee by the priest. My team will index the entire collection and the index for the village will be put in Geneteka with all the key data. We are in the process of indexing the records. We will release the index and history of the parish in book form, and solemnly present it to the priest."

Magroski
Send e-mail
bbunko

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:47 pm      Post subject: Obtaining records from Lipniki parish

Hello, Do you have any information on how to obtain copies of the records of Lipniki parish?

thank you in advance
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:18 pm      Post subject: Re: Obtaining records from Lipniki parish

bbunko wrote:
Hello, Do you have any information on how to obtain copies of the records of Lipniki parish?

thank you in advance

Have you tried Family Search, Geneteka or www.szukajwarchiwach.pl ?

Gilberto
Send e-mail
bbunko

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:40 pm      Post subject:

Hello,

Thank you for the quick response to my inquiry. Yes I have tried family search, geneteka and www.szukajwarchiwach.pl looking for scanned images from Lipniki, but have not been able to find any. I believe the index at geneteka shows my 2nd great grandparents marriage, but no scans are available.

Beth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: