PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 226

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:44 pm      Post subject: Budget Lodging

My older brother and I visited Poland in September, 2006. In trying to save money for other purposes, we chose to stay in more simple and less expensive lodging. This was made easier since our wives did not accompany us. Smile Sad We chose a Hostel in Warsaw , the OKI DOKI. In addition to the dorm rooms at most hostels, it offered a private room with two single beds, and a private bath. This was the room we used. The hostel was located close to Old Town, about a 10 / 15 minute walk. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, the bath modern with a shower. The staff was excellent, very helpful and curtious, and especially nice for us, they spoke English. An added feature was a bar / lounge, where you could relax, after a day of seeing the sites. Alcoholic / non- alcoholic beverages, hot and cold drinks, and a time to meet people from other places and cultures. After seeing pictures of the hostel, my wife said she could stay there, that it was a nice place. Smile After 3 days in Warsaw, we took the train to Krakow, where we spent 3 days at the Trecius Pensjonat w Krakowie. This would be considered a medium priced hotel, more than the hostel, but less than the brand name hotels. It has a great location, only 1 block from the town square. More upscale than the hostel. We had a room with two single beds, a modern bath with a shower. Everything was very clean and neat, and again the staff was great. They offered a very reasonable laundry service , that we appreciated greatly.
We found that you can go with the brand name hotels, and pretty much know what you will get, or you can do some research on line and find some very nice places to stay, that will not cost a great deal of money, but still meet all your needs. Getting to know the staff, using the knowledge they offer, is an added bonus, not usually found at the bigger hotels. The personal touches from the smaller places , made our stay even more enjoyable, and memorable.

James
lsimpson

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:40 pm      Post subject:

I have been planning to go to Warssw with my fiancé but we are really on a thigh budget so I was trying to look for places that will fit our budget, although I was a bit hesitant to stay in those places because the place is new to us and we are afraid that it might not be safe since you will be staying with a lot of other people. Thanks to your post I can now trust a budget place to stay that I know would be safe for us too
Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 998

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:30 pm      Post subject:

Before my trip, I spent a lot of time on the website TripAdvisor.com
It was a big help for me to read everyone's experiences at different lodging. How exciting that you are going to Warsaw! I hope your visit is wonderful. Will you be visiting your ancestral villages?

Jump to: