PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:31 pm      Post subject: Help researching names: Kokocki, Schabel, Holowenko

Hello all,
I'm in Canada, province of Saskatchewan, and researching my family history. I have details of my ancestors' time in Canada but very little knowledge of their time in Europe. My grandfather Roman Kokocki immigrated from Poland to Canada in 1928 and his wife (Rosie Schabel) and children came around 1933. Naturalization papers list Kobylnica Woloska and Wielkie Oczy as their village.

As for the Holowenkos, I have information about them being from near border between Poland/Ukraine. My great-great grandparents, Nykolaij and Anna (Woytas) came from I believe the Jaroslaw or Yaroslaw region, came to Canada in late 1800s. My paternal great-grandmother, Nellie Yanko came to Canada in 1906 with her parents Mike and Anna and married one of Nykolaij's three sons.

I don't have any more information than that to go on. Any help or tips anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated!

sirdan
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 304

Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:05 pm      Post subject:

Hi!, Some Kokocki are still living in Kobylnica Wołoska Or Wielkie Oczy. Do You want to contact people or find parish records of your ancestors?

Regarding second family, their name would be Hołoweńko and Wojtas i think. According to moi krewni site: there are many Wojtas in Przeworsk area near Jarosław. There are some Hołoweńko/Hołowieńko in Biłgoraj area, just near Przeworsk.
Charlene in Canada

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:24 pm      Post subject:

Hello,
Yes, I would be interested both in contacting people with these names and searching parish records. Can you suggest the best way in which to do this?

Thank you very much for your reply. I greatly appreciate your assistance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: