PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:11 am      Post subject: Surma and Czarnota names

Hello, I hope you can help me ?
My grandfathers name was Augustyn Surma, he was born in Godów on 12th August 1884, he died in Zgoda-Swietochtowice on 1st August 1945. My grandmother was Teresa Surma (nee Czarnota) born in Gołkowice on 9th October 1892, she died in Rybnik on 15th March 1965.
I believe my Great-grandfather was called Johann Surma and my Great-grandmother was Johanna Surma (nee Prysbta or something similar). My own father died back in 1978 and due to the fact that he left Poland when he was 20 he didn't know much about his background.
I do still have relatives who I am in touch with in Poland but they are not interested in Genealogy.
Thank you, Lucy
katarzyna_t
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 82

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:31 am      Post subject: Re: Surma and Czarnota names

[email protected] wrote:
Hello, I hope you can help me ?
My grandfathers name was Augustyn Surma, he was born in Godów on 12th August 1884, he died in Zgoda-Swietochtowice on 1st August 1945. My grandmother was Teresa Surma (nee Czarnota) born in Gołkowice on 9th October 1892, she died in Rybnik on 15th March 1965.
I believe my Great-grandfather was called Johann Surma and my Great-grandmother was Johanna Surma (nee Prysbta or something similar). My own father died back in 1978 and due to the fact that he left Poland when he was 20 he didn't know much about his background.
I do still have relatives who I am in touch with in Poland but they are not interested in Genealogy.
Thank you, Lucy

Hi Lucy,

I found on Geneteka information about your grandparents: Augustyn and Theresa, please find the links:
https://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=eng&bdm=B&w=12sl&rid=6968&search_lastname=Surma&search_name=Augustyn&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=&to_date=

https://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&bdm=B&w=12sl&rid=6968&search_lastname=czarnota&search_name=teresa&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=&to_date=

Unfortunately vital records for Roman Catholic parish in Godów (where viilage of Gołkowice belonged) are not available online. They are stored in the State Archives in Cieszyn for following time frames:
births: 1843-1846, 1874-1894
marriages: 1843-1846
deaths: 1843-1846, 1874-1899

Also civil registries for Gołkowice are available in the same Archives:
births: 1874-1913
marriages: 1874-1936
deaths: 1874-1936

You can try to contact Archives and ask for copies of birth records of your grandparents (maybe their marriage record as well?). This would help you to confirm the names of great-grandparents.

Here is an email address: [email protected]

If you wish our assistance, you can read more here : https://polishorigins.com/genealogy/

Good luck with your research!
Katarzyna
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: