PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 748

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:21 am      Post subject: The lost and found roots of Dawid - story by Dawid Kirchhoff

Recently on our blog we have published the story shared by us with Dawid Kirchhoff.

"All family ties were lost after around 1969- 1978, I knew I had family there, but had never visited Poland.
I made the effort in 2003, booked into a hotel in Szczecin, took old photos, envelopes etc., always hoping.
When the owner/manager noticed my name he asked me questions about my Polish roots, he then made a few telephone calls (not knowing any Polish then, not understanding what was said). After waiting for about 30 minutes, he stopped and said “Your family is coming to see you, they think they know who you are” (words that still now are memorised in my mind).
Next morning coming up from breakfast… there were about 15 people waiting, a lady cried running to me, calling…Dawid, Dawid… she was my full cousin. That day I met more cousins, second cousins etc….
It was a very emotional day for all…"

You can read the whole story here: http://blog.polishorigins.com/2016/09/05/the-lost-and-found-roots-of-dawid/

Dawid Kirchhoff blog.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  86.24 KB
 Viewed:  3558 Time(s)

Dawid Kirchhoff blog.jpg

Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Our Gen Stories, Websites and Blogs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: