PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 19

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:34 pm      Post subject: Help with Passenger record please

SOLVED!!! MY FRIEND FOUND IT.... THANKS FOR LOOKING! Wink
This one is driving me mad. I have all the info but I cannot find it! It must be an issue with her name spelling? I did check a ships list and in fact there is an arrival of the ship in NY on this date, but no manifest I could find.

Marija Savanicz (from Solinka)
Bremen to NY
June 19, 1901
Ship: Kaiser Wilhelm der grosse

I know the original spelling is Sywanycz, but have seen many variations on the families records. Sovanich, Sivanich, Savanich..etc. i'm running short of search ideas...

Thanks! Idea
Liz
EllenR

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:52 pm      Post subject: Help with reading Ellis Island manifest

Hello,

I am trying to help a friend and need assistance in deciphering the handwriting on a 1906 Ellis Island manifest. Maybe someone knows how I can make this clean up a bit as well.

Re Adam Jastrzebowski, born in 1873, Zembrzus (near Lipowiec and Mława).

He is indexed as Adam Jastrzemlowski, arriving on May 17th 1906 aboard the Princes Alice ex Bremen. He had apparently been in Albany in 1899. But where is he going this time and who is he meeting? LUDWIG? ???

He also came over in 1901 (Adam Jostrahowbosky) ex Hamburg. I can't make out where or to whom he was going then as well.

Again, in 1910 there is an entry for an Adam Jastrzunbowski, but I am not certain that this is indeed my friend's relative...it looks like he was from Nowa Weis and went to Indiana-but I can't read his wife's name ????

I also can't find him in the WW1 draft. He may be a border in the 1910 census...and could be patient in Michigan in the 1930 census-but I haven't found anything else at all.

It may be best to look at the originals ? I have posted what I have of the 1906 entry

Thanks
Ellen

1906 Adam Jastrzemlowski.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  716.72 KB
 Viewed:  4863 Time(s)

1906 Adam Jastrzemlowski.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Emigration All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: