PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 59

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:49 pm      Post subject: Getting Book Printed

Question I have compiled a family history book to be distributed only to family members. Does anyone know a way to get only a few copies printed? It's about 80 pages long.
Thanks,
Mary Pate
adamsam

Replies: 73

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:26 pm      Post subject: Getting book printed

Check out Blurb.com. It worked for me and I was very satisfied with the results
Mary Pate

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:19 pm      Post subject: Getting Book Printed

Thanks, Adam. Additional questions. How many pages and how many copies did you have printed? Then, there's how bound? Appreciate your help.

Mary
adamsam

Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:17 am      Post subject: Re: Getting Book Printed

Mary Pate wrote:
Thanks, Adam. Additional questions. How many pages and how many copies did you have printed? Then, there's how bound? Appreciate your help.

Mary
I had one copy made to "check" it out. My book was 92 pages, but I believe the minimum to be 20. Rather than retype it all into their format, I scanned the pages into a jpeg file and then pasted them in. I just recently ordered 3 additional copies for family. Glad I could help
adamsam

Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:20 am      Post subject: Re: Getting Book Printed

adamsam wrote:
Mary Pate wrote:

Mary
I had one copy made to "check" it out. My book was 92 pages, but I believe the minimum to be 20. Rather than retype it all into their format, I scanned the pages into a jpeg file and then pasted them in. I just recently ordered 3 additional copies for family. Glad I could help

Additional info; I had it hard bound with cover and printed on deluxe? paper. There are many options available.
Mary Pate

Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:53 am      Post subject: Getting Book Printed

Thanks once again. My book is about 85 pages. So, close to yours. I was wondering about just having one copy printed, too. Sounds like a good idea. I'm hung up right now with Microsoft Word on changing page format. It'll be nice to see it in book form.
dgawell

Replies: 63

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:50 pm      Post subject: create space

I used createspace on Amazon to do two family books. Look on amazon and search my name donna Gawell and you will see the covers.

This cost me NOTHING to do and I was able to buy 5 proof copies for about $5.00 Relatives who want the story need to buy it on Amazon.

It is relatively easy to do. I think this is a great idea because the books will hopefully be on amazon as long as they are in business. I charged minimum because they are for the family to purchase. Full color!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Our Gen Stories, Websites and Blogs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: