PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:17 am      Post subject:

Those dates for Bienas do not ring a bell. I will talk to my father about it. All i know is that he was from Dlugopole.
My grandfather died when my dad (ludwik, was 2 years old) and my grandmother (Maria) remarried a man with a last name of Wesloy.
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 593

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:40 am      Post subject: Re: family from Dzial

tammybabicz wrote:
My grandmother is from Dzial - Maria Sikora. She married Bienas from Drugopole and they had my father Ludwik Bienas. In order for him to come to the Utnited States , his aunt adopted him (from Indiana - her name was Anna Konat). Does anyone have information about the Bienas family??

Tammy,
I'm in the process of updating my list of emigrants from the village Dlugopole. When I went through it again, I came across a Katarzyna Mierwa from Dlugopole who arrived in the US on June 08, 1907 indicating that she was going to join her brother-in-law Jakob Bienas in Chicago, 18th Street. Her marital status was single, ship of travel was Patricia, port of departure was Hamburg; manifest line number 0017.

Furthermore, the Dziennik Chicagoski 1930-1971 Death Notice Index has a Konat Anna, who passed away 3/31/1964, the death notice appeared on 03 Apr 1964. Note: Bienias /husb. Piotr.

And here are some obituaries that appeared in the Chicago Tribune (Source: Chicago Tribune Historical Archive):
-1945-06-28 - Chicago Tribune (IL) - Schicker
Anna Schicker, nee Bienias, age 38, of 1629 S. Throop street, June 26, 1945, beloved wife of Albert, fond mother of Mildred, sister of Angeline Lempkowski, Catherine Opielinski, Mary Mikula, and Frank Bienias; ...
-1961-04-03 - Chicago Tribune (IL) - Tynus
Joseph W Tynus, age 67, beloved husband of Anna, nee Bienias; dear brother of John and Frank Tynus, Antoinette Lesny, Rose Wilczewski, and Angeline Glenecke; fond brother-in-law of Louis Wilczewski, and Mary Tynus; dear son-in-law of Johanna Bienias; ...
-1972-12-05 - Chicago Tribune (IL) - Bienias
Alphonse Bienias, beloved husband of Frances, nee Bernai; dear father of Robert [Mary Lou], Raymond [Rose] and Lawrence; grandfather of four; son of the late George and Johanna Bienias; brother of Anna [late Joseph] Tynus, John [Helen], Walter [Stella], Angeline [Walter] Janik, Joseph [Anna], Anthony [Antoinette] Bell, and Ignatius [Harriet]; ...
-1972-01-13 - Chicago Tribune (IL) - Bienias
Johanna Bienias, nee Cerven, beloved wife of the late George; dear mother of Anna [the late Joseph] Tynus, John [Helen], Walter [Stella], Alphonse [Frances], Angeline [Walter] Janik, Joseph [Anna], Anthony [Antoinette] Bell and Ignatius [Harriet]; ...
-1981-08-21 - Chicago Tribune (IL) - Mihalak
Emil Mihalak, loving son of Mary, nee Goliak and the late Ignac Mihalak; dear brother of Anna (Joseph) Bienias and Irene (John) Kite; ...
- 1971-02-28 - Chicago Tribune (IL) - Mihalak
Ignac Mihalak, beloved husband of Mary Goliak; dear father of Anna [Joseph] Bienias, Irene [John] Kite and Emil, ...
-1959-10-21 - Chicago Tribune (IL) - Dzielski
Vincent Dzielski, husband of the late Anna, nee Bienias; beloved father of Bernice [Stanley] Miarka, Mary [Chester] Miarka, John Truchon, and Frank [Theresa] Truchon; brother of Stanley of Buffalo, N. Y., Mary [Stanley] Labenski of Canada; ...

The names in the last obit -- Dzielski, Truchon, Bienias -- sound like they could be from the Dzial/Dlugopole region. Do you see any connections to your Bienas - Konat families?

Last edited by Ute on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Georgia

Replies: 12

Post Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:42 pm      Post subject:

John Truchon is my uncle Edmund's father.

Georgia
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:14 am      Post subject:

Georgia wrote:
John Truchon is my uncle Edmund's father.
Georgia

Hi Georgia,
Thank you for your response. Have you researched the Truchon side of your family? Do you know which village John Truchon came from?
Ute
Georgia

Post Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:24 pm      Post subject:

Hello Ute,

John Truchon was born in 1904 in Buffalo, Erie, New York; he died 23 Dec 1966 in Chicago, Cook, Illinois.

His father was Antoni Truchon who was born about 1873 in Dzial, Galicia, Poland; he died in 1909 in Buffalo, Erie, New York.
His mother was Anna Bienias who was born about 1873 in Krauszow, Poland.

Antoni's father was Janusz Truchon and mother was Katarzyna Dzielska.

Anna's father was Jozef Bienias and mother was Elzbieta Hyc.

I don't have any other information.

Hope this is helpful,
Georgia
Georgia

Post Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:27 pm      Post subject:

Hello again,

After Antoni died, she married Vincent Dzielski.

Georgia
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:47 am      Post subject:

Georgia wrote:
Hello Ute,

John Truchon was born in 1904 in Buffalo, Erie, New York; he died 23 Dec 1966 in Chicago, Cook, Illinois.

His father was Antoni Truchon who was born about 1873 in Dzial, Galicia, Poland; he died in 1909 in Buffalo, Erie, New York.

Hope this is helpful,
Georgia

Thank you very much for the information, Georgia! I think I found Antoni Truchon from "Ozial" in the Ellis Island database. He arrived (for the first time) in the US on May 12, 1900. He was 27 ys old at the time and single. Ship of travel was "Main", port of departure was Bremen. He traveled with Magda Pavka [her last name is indexed as Pavka, I think it should be PALKA) from Dzial, who was 27 ys old at the time. They were both headed to Buffalo, NY. Was Antoni's wife Mary Tylka?
I'm not related to this family, just very interested in emigration from the village Dzial to the United States.
Ute

Last edited by Ute on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Georgia

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:33 am      Post subject:

Hi Ute,

Mary Tylka was married to John Truchon. I believe she was from Wadowice as I remember stories about Mary having attended school with Blessed John Paul II.

Georgia
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:07 am      Post subject: Dzial villagers who emigrated to the United States

I posted a list of Dział villagers who emigrated to the United States in the forum section "Emigration": http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=1581
Please add to it if your ancestors are from Dzial.

Last edited by Ute on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:11 am; edited 3 times in total
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:31 pm      Post subject:

Georgia wrote:
Hi Ute,

Mary Tylka was married to John Truchon. I believe she was from Wadowice as I remember stories about Mary having attended school with Blessed John Paul II.

Georgia

Georgia,
Of course, you are right, Mary Tylka was Jan/John Truchon's wife, and not Antoni Truchon's (I found the obituaries for John Truchon who died in 1966 (husband of Mary, née Tylka) and for Vincent Dzielski who died in 1959 (husband of Anna, née Bienias) in the Chicago Tribune Historical Archive, but had one of my senior moments -- seems to happenen quite often here lately ...).

When I made the list of Dzial emigrants and found (what I assume is) Antoni Truchon's first trip to the US, I also found an Anna Truchon who arrived in the US on June 2, 1907. She was accompanied by her three years old son Jan Truchon. According to the ship manifest, they were both born in Dzial and headed to Tonawanda, NY to join Anna's husband Anton Truchon.

Anton(i) Truchon (indexed as Anton Truchan) from Dzial traveled to the US again on 03 Nov 1906 on board of the steamship Kaiserin Augusta Victoria that sailed from Hamburg to New York. He was 28 years old at the time and joining his brother Jacob Truchon in Tonawanda, Buffalo, NY.

I assume this is "your" Antoni Truchon's family from Dzial that settled in Tonawanda, Buffalo, NY. I'm just puzzled because you said that John Truchon was born in Buffalo, and the ship manifest indicates that the 3 ys old Jan Truchon was born in Dzial, and that it was his and his mother's first trip to the US.

If you would like to have copies of the obituaries for John Truchon who died in 1966 and for Vincent Dzielski who died in 1959 for your research, please let me know, and I'll mail them to you.
Ute

Last edited by Ute on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:28 pm      Post subject: Re: Dzial villagers who emigrated to the United States

Ute wrote:
I posted a list of Dział villagers who emigrated to the United States in the forum section "Emigration": http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=1581
Please add to it if your ancestors are from Dzial.

On Aug 13 Willie Z added the names Zareba (Zaremba) to the list of Dzial villagers who emigrated to the United States that I posted in the forum section "Emigration" -- http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1581 . I thought I move the information and following discussion to this forum section "Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins" -- Dzial near Czarny Dunajec in Malopolskie -- hoping that other members who have ancestors from Dzial can find possible connections to Willie's ancestors and share information:

Willie wrote:
Zareba, Jedrej 8 July 1907 - Also listed as Zaremba, Andrew or Andrej in other documents Zareba, Jan 8 July 1907 - Also as Zaremba, John
Found them in the Ellis Island database, but Dzial was mis-spelled as Dziol, Galicia.

Ute responded:
Thank you, Willie!! You have probably seen the "Zaramba, Jakob" who arrived 28 Jun 1899 in the list I made. One of your relatives??

Willie wrote:
I have no idea. All we really "know" is that John and Andrew came over as orphans, allegedly, and spent some time with an uncle briefly - name unknown. The uncle apparently wasn't a very nice guy and Andrew didn't talk of him much. John died during WWI, but I've yet to find any record of it. Andrew is my great grandfather.

Ute wrote:
Willie,
I had a look at the July 8, 1907 ship manifest and it indicates that Jan's and Jedrzej's last residence and contact abroad was their grandmother Tekla Zareba in Dzial and their destination in the US Chicago where they were going to join their uncle Mihal or Michal Zareba who lived at 893, W. 17th Street at the time. Their place of birth is given as Dzial in the ship manifest.

So, what you know already is that your great-grandfather was born in Dzial, had a grandmother Tekla Zareba in Dzial in 1907, and an uncle Mihal[y) or Michael Zareba who lived in Chicago in 1907, which is actually not so bad to start with.

If you like, give us a little more information on Jan/John and your great-grandfather Jedrzej/Andrew, e.g. their dates of birth and death, where they settled, names of spouses, etc. Perhaps we will be able to help you with your research.

Willie wrote:
Ok, sure.

Both John and Andrew settled in Chicago.

John I know next to nothing about. The only other record I have is from the 1910 census which confirms his age 22, which gives a birth year of 1888. Other than that, it's family stories which say he died in WWI, or was sent back to Poland because he was sick. Stories are sketchy at best.

Andrew I have a bunch more on. He remained in Chicago for the remainder of his life. Born 10 Nov 1892, death 1 Mar 1969. Married Anna Kedzierski 2 July 1913 in St Ann's church. I have some family history on Anna as well, but for Andrew, once I found the place of his birth, I figured I was more or less a dead end until I can muster up a trip to Poland. I did see the grandmother Tekla on the manifest, but being not so familiar with Polish names, I wasn't sure if I had it right or not. I couldn't decipher the Uncle's name on the manifest.

Ute wrote:
Willie,
I found your great-grandparents’ (Andrzej Zaremba’s and Anna Kedzierska’s) church marriage record of July 2, 1913, St. Ann Church, Chicago, and have the following information for you: Andrzej’s parents were Stanislaw Zaremba and Katarzyna Jasien, Anna Kedzierska's parents were Jan Kedzierski and Aniela Gorecka. Marriage witnesses were Jan Netz and Maryanna Kedzierska. Source: www.familysearch.org, Illinois, Chicago, Catholic Church Records, 1833-1925, St. Ann (Chicago), Marriages, 1912-1915
I also found your great-grandfather's obituary in the Chicago Tribune Historical Archive. Will write more tomorrow.

Willie wrote:
Stanislaw and Katarzyna Jasien are net new info for me. That's truly amazing. You're a wealth of information and it's so kind of you to share. You also have other information from my grandmother's side of the family posted here:

http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=698&highlight=gramza

Vincent & Josephine are my Great-Great Grandparents on my grandmother's side.
Vincent & Josephine > Lillian Gramza > Grace Wons = my grandmother.

Last edited by Ute on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:05 am      Post subject:

Willie,
I'm attaching a copy of the 1913 church marriage record of Andrzej Zaremba and Anna Kedzierski for you. I can also send you the full text of the below obituary for Andrew Zaremba that appeared in the Chicago Tribune on 1969-03-24, in case you don't have it:
1969-03-24 - Chicago Tribune (IL) - Zaremba - Edition: Chicago Tribune - Andrew Zaremba, beloved husband of Anna, nee Kiedzierski; loving father of Alice [Joseph] Forster, John [Evelyn], Leonard [Grace], and Eugene [Dorothy]; ...

You have probably seen the following records for Andrew and Anna Zaremba:
- with three of their children in the 1920 Census (indexed as "Zarenba"): https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MJ3N-ZCM
- with four of their children in the 1930 Census (indexed as "Garemba"): https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XSGQ-R31
- Andrew Zaremba's WWII Draft Registration Card that shows his place of birth as Dzial -- https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-12433-162503-87?cc=1861144
- The birth of their son Leonard Zaremba (indexed as Lenard Zaremba), born 12 Sep 1918 in Chicago - https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/N7SX-WWR

Ute

Zaremba-Kedzierska church marriage record-2 1913.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  378.38 KB
 Viewed:  10828 Time(s)

Zaremba-Kedzierska church marriage record-2 1913.jpg

Meaghan

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:01 pm      Post subject: Pretty sure I'm related!

Georgia wrote:
Hello Ute,

Hope this is helpful,
Georgia

Hi,

I just happened to stumble onto this forum and was pretty surprised to see you were discussing my relatives! I know this post is older so I'm hoping my response doesn't get overlooked. Ok, so I basically have the same info that Georgia has, and I too had thought that John Truchon and his brother, Joseph I think, were born here and not Poland, at least according to my family stories. So I'm not sure about the second record that Antoni and Anna were married with a 3 yr old son, but I'd definitely like to check it out.
On another note, I have a suspicion that Antoni Truchon and Vincent Dzielski were cousins, maybe even first cousins. I knew that Antoni's mother was Dzielska, so I wondered if she was Vincent's aunt. But, I know the last name is probably common considering that they were all from the same place. However, there's an interesting family story I have that might point to the possibility. See, my grandmother said that her grandmother, Anna Bienias, was Vincent's sweetheart in Poland before she came to the US. It sounded like Antoni, Vincent and Anna all knew each other there, though. Vince and Anna never married in Poland obviously, and she left for the US, and met Antoni and married him here. Then, Antoni actually died young in an accident at his job. Vincent was meanwhile pursing priesthood in Italy...my grandmother related amusing stories about how, when he was drunk, would recite the Latin mass for hours in their attic...
Anyway, once Vince found out that Anna was widowed, he hightailed it to the US, leaving the priesthood, and married her. He could have found out a number of ways that Anna was unmarried again, but I have no idea. I though that perhaps his aunt (possibly Dzielska?) informed him that his cousin died? I'm speculating but I would love to find out for sure. If you have anymore details that relate to this from family stories, or any other information about the Truchons, Dzielskis or the Bienias, I'd be vastly interested. I also have more names and relations in this family tree that I'll post later!

Thanks!
-Meaghan
Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 998

Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:42 pm      Post subject:

Hi Meaghan,
I am so happy to ready your message! When I began these threads about my ancestral village and surrounding villages, my greatest wish was to bring cousins together in a place where information sharing benefits many. Smiles all day long for you Meaghan - someday I hope to stumble upon info about my family, just as you have!

Best Wishes,
Shellie
Meaghan

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:48 pm      Post subject: Thanks and more info

Thank you! I was pretty excited Very Happy

Here's the rest of the family info that I have. I hope it might be of use or interest to someone!

Marianna Palka m. Antonio Dzielski (b. abt 1835)
/
Jan Dzielski (b, 1857 d. 1903) m. Rozalia Bobek (b. Sept 3 1871)
/
Vincent Dzielski (b 1884 d 1959) m. Anna Bienias -- also m. Antoni Truchon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Page 2 of 5

Jump to: