PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 497

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:08 am      Post subject:

Hi Mike,
Yes, it looks like Marya arrived June 7, 1910 with her children, going to her husband Wincenti in Chicago. Her contact in Poland was her father Jan Dzielski. The children are listed a Stanislaw age 4, Honorata age 2, and Marya age 1. I imagine there was a mistake, and Marya was supposed to be your grandfather. Wincenti arrived Dec 19, 1909. It said he had been here before, with the dates 1905/1906. I didn't find him arriving them. I found a Wincenti arriving in 1907, going to Gallitzen PA. There was a Stanislaw above him on the ship manifest. This could all be found at the Ellis Island site.

Do you have Vincent's or Mary's death records? They might contain their parents' names. If Mary married again, the church marriage record might have her parents' names. Unfortunately, I don't believe you will find records from Dzial online, or filmed by the Church of the Latter Day Saints. in our area of Poland (my grandmother was born in Zaluczne) the records would be in the church they attended, or the records could be in the Krakow Archdiocese Archives (if they were sent there like they were supposed to).

Cheri
mikefagan

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:27 am      Post subject:

Hi Cheri,

You confirmed what I found, that Vincent came over first - the confusing part for me was not finding my grandfather's name traveling with his mother. He also would have been 13 months old so the 11 months that they show made me scratch my head. On my grandfather's paperwork it shows he came on June 7, 1910 as Jan Dzielska.

The contact in Poland I saw was father, grandfather Jan Dzielski. Could that have meant Vincent's father? It confused me because that was my grandfather's name and I couldn't see how they left him behind. The children match up: Stanislaw - Stanley Honorata - Henrietta but not Marya.

I have been unable to find Vincent's death record. Marya remarried a Mike Blenka and I have found various info on their children (my grandfather's half brothers and sister but nothing of her parents and such.

I'm hoping that someone is related to my great grandfather Vincent and has some info to share. It was really nice of you to respond so quickly. Thank you.
Cheri Vanden Berg

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:18 pm      Post subject:

Jan Dzielski could have possibly been Vincent's father, but the relationship to Marya says father, not father-in-law. There can be mistakes on manifests, but I found it interesting that Mary's children's marriage records have her last name as Dzielski, where as, I believe that the records usually have the maiden name of the mother.

I do think that Marya 11 months old has got to be your grandfather. There are numbers by "her" name, maybe 7-146824 and 8-7-40 Did your grandfather become a citizen in 1940? Sometimes they went back and put numbers on the manifests. At some point, they were supposed to check that someone applying for citizenship came when they said they did. Does that first set of numbers match any records that you have?

I hope someone that you are related to finds you by reading this. It took at least a few years, but I did get one cousin from Poland, and one cousin from the U.S. who wrote to me about my Lenart side of the family, and one cousin from the U.S. write about my Depa side.

Last edited by Cheri Vanden Berg on Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
mikefagan

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:56 pm      Post subject:

Thanks so much. The numbers do match those shown on his petition for naturalization, so it was him and not a baby girl Smile It will be very interesting to see what Marya's actual maiden name is for sure. I thought that Dzielska might mean what you said when I saw it on the passenger list but wasn't sure.

As for relatives, I hope something turns up. I haven't had too much luck with the Dzielski line to date but I'll keep plugging away. At least you taught me about the numbers on the manifest. Thanks again Cheri.
Cheri Vanden Berg

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:10 pm      Post subject:

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/18777592
If your Mary died in March 20, 1963, the above link shows her maiden name is Dobrzyniecka! I am happy to be wrong in this case, but interesting that Dzielski was in quotation marks...
mikefagan

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:34 pm      Post subject:

I have that Vincent's wife Mary died on that date but I don't see the record of how I knew that. The 'Dobrzyniecka' name is odd because I have plenty of records showing that was Stanley's wife's maiden name.

After Vincent died she married Mike Blenka, so both the Dzielski and Blenka names make sense. Not the Dobrzyniecka name. It would be really odd that she has the same maiden name as her son's wife.
[email protected]

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:34 am      Post subject: Dzial

Hi Shellie,
I saw your post about Dzial. My grandfather was born there and I believe lived there until he emigrated to Chicago around 1893. His surname was Dzielski. I never met him as he died years before I was born. My aunt and uncle visited Dzial in the 1970’s and found lots of relatives including one of my granfather’s brothers who was well into his 90’s. Everyone rolled out the red carpet for the American visitors even though this was 80+ yrs after my grandfather left! I was always touched by this story. Thanks for the Ellis Island tip. I’ve never found a naturalization document, but this might narrow it down.
MaryOE
fdzielski

Post Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:27 am      Post subject: Dzielski from Dzial

Greetings! My grandfather was born in or near Dzial in 1890. His name was Franciszek Dzielski, my father was Frank Dzielski Jr and I am Frank Allen Dzielski. I would love to find my great grand parents names and any siblings grandpa may have had. I can be reached at [email protected] if you have any questions or perhaps are a relative of mine. Thank you!

IMG_20160329_180929.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  517.41 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

IMG_20160329_180929.jpg

Send e-mail
TruchonE

Post Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:43 am      Post subject: Truchon name origins

Does anybody know where the name Truchon came from? It's French in origin, is it not? (Frank Anthony Truchon is my grandfather.)
katarzyna_t
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 82

Post Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:40 am      Post subject: Re: Truchon name origins

TruchonE wrote:
Does anybody know where the name Truchon came from? It's French in origin, is it not? (Frank Anthony Truchon is my grandfather.)

Hello TruchonE,

Surname Truchon might come from given name Trukhon, Trukhan, used in the Orthodox Church (Greek Τρύφων (Trýphōn), τρύφή (tryphḗ), “softness, effeminacy”.

Here you can find a map of the surname Truchoń (variation with the diacritical mark "ń") distribution: https://nazwiska-polskie.pl/Trucho%C5%84
You can see that the most people bearing this surname live near Nowy Targ.

See what records with the surname Truchoń are available in Geneteka: https://geneszukacz.genealodzy.pl/index.php?search_lastname=Truchon&from_date=&to_date=&rpp1=&bdm=&url1=&w=&lang=pol&op=se

Sources

Best regards,
Katarzyna
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Page 5 of 5

Jump to: