PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 593

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:10 am      Post subject: Bryjak, Jakubiec, Cholewa, Pawelczak, Kowalkowski, Bochula

I'm a descendant of Jozef Bryjak "Gabrys" and Katarzyna Jakubiec of Dlugopole, Nowy Targ, on the paternal side of my family. Jozef Bryjak was a farmer in Dlugopole, he had three children that I have information on:
1. Jan/John Bryjak, born 02 July 1859 in Dlugopole, married Katarzyna Cholewa (daughter of Jan Cholewa and Franciszka Pawelczak), lived in Dlugopole, house #7, before emigration to the United States;
2. Andrzej Bryjak, born 31 August 1854 in Dlugopole, died 02 Feb 1912 in Dlugopole; married Anna Kowalkowska (daughter of Jan Kowalkowski and Agnieszka Bochula), lived in Dlugopole, house #47;
3. Rozalia Bryjak (my paternal great-grandmother), born 11 Sep 1864 in Dlugopole, died 26 Jan 1954 in Dlugopole, married 1) Jakub Rol from the village Banska, lived in Dlugopole, house #7 in 1896; 2) Jozef Kowalkowski, farmer in Dlugopole.

When the 1910 US Federal Census for Chicago was taken on April 13, 1910, Jan/John Bryjak, his wife Katarzyna, and three of their children lived at 1071, Milwaukee Ave., Chicago. The family name Bryjak was misspelled Brejak. When the 1920 US Federal Census for Chicago was taken on January 2, 1920, the family lived at Cornell Street, Chicago. Katarzyna Bryjak was widowed and head of the household, which means that Jan/John Bryjak must have died between 1910 and 1920. However, I have found no death for Jan/John Bryjak in the United States.

I've traced the descendants of all three children of Jozef Bryjak and Katarzyna Jakubiec and have additional information that I’m willing to share, but hope to find more on this family line. Thank you.
goralka

Replies: 7

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:04 am      Post subject:

Ute,
My family is also from the area you speak of. I am quite surprised, really, that none of the names you listed ring a bell. I know of at least two dozen families from the area as my mother is from Dlugopole and father is Stare Bystre. I have a Dlugopolski and a Kowalkowski in my family tree.

I would very much be interested in reading
Pine, Frances: Naming the house and naming the land: Kinship and social groups in highland Poland. From the Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute, v. 2, September 1996, p. 443-459.)
if the offer is open. I am encountering difficulty getting into the 1800s as my great grandmother becomes known as Jadwiga the Swede and great grandfather Tomasz from the Border Wink
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:22 am      Post subject:

goralka wrote:

Ute, My family is also from the area you speak of. I am quite surprised, really, that none of the names you listed ring a bell. I know of at least two dozen families from the area as my mother is from Dlugopole and father is Stare Bystre. I have a Dlugopolski and a Kowalkowski in my family tree. I would very much be interested in reading Pine, Frances: Naming the house and naming the land: Kinship and social groups in highland Poland. From the Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute, v. 2, September 1996, p. 443-459.) if the offer is open. I am encountering difficulty getting into the 1800s as my great grandmother becomes known as Jadwiga the Swede and great grandfather Tomasz from the Border Wink

Goralka,
I would be very much interested in hearing more about your Dlugopole ancestors. Would you mind sharing your research results with us? You have the name Dlugopolski in your family tree? My grandfather’s brother Jozef Roll was married to Wiktorya Dlugopolska from Dlugopole. Jozef and Wiktorya emigrated to the US and lived in Chicago, but Wiktorya didn’t like it there, she returned to Poland and lived in Czarny Dunajec in 1956, where she most likely passed away sometime between 1956 and 1969. I have some limited information on the Dlugopolski family from Dlugopole, but would like to have more.

I have a collection of articles on Podhale that might be interesting for you (and for others who have ancestors in that region). I scanned three of them that I can e-mail you:
- Pine, Frances: “Naming the house and naming the land: Kinship and social groups in Highland Poland” (from the Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute, v. 2, September 1996, p. 443 459);
- Pine, Frances: “Incorporation and Exclusion in the Podhale” [from “Lilies of the Field. Marginal People Who Live for the Moment”];
- “Community Study of Bialy Dunajec, Site and Plan, An excerpt from Polish Studies, p. 49-51, Edited by A. Davies, University of Leeds, London, Published by the Le Play Society, 1934.

I also made a chart that lists all emigrants from the village of Dlugopole who entered the United States through Ellis Island with the passenger’s name as it was indexed on the passenger list, alternate spelling if the name or place of origin seemed to be misspelled, age at arrival, estimated year of birth, year of arrival, last residence, destination, name of the ship, and port of departure. Many names and places of origin were misspelled or illegible in the ship manifests with the result that we don’t find our ancestors when searching by name or village/town they came from. I corrected the likely misspelled names and even found some Dlugopole passengers who hadn’t been indexed because the name was too hard to read or illegible. From the additional information given in the ship manifest (for example, who the passenger stayed with before emigration or who he/she was going to join in the United States) one can often figure out what the correct name most likely is. I'm going to upload the chart to PolishOrigin soon. It might be helpful for those of us who have ancestors in Dlugopole.
I look forward to hearing from you again.
Ute
goralka

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:58 pm      Post subject:

Ute,
I don't have research results to share yet as I just started this journey. Most everything I know is from my parents telling me it.
My maternal grandfather's sister, Anna Fudala, married a Dlugopolski...her dates were 1880-1970. My grandfather Jan Fudala was 1900s-1980s, all in the same area but they are all dead.
Most of the people I know from the region are my parents friends, all coming straight to Chicago in the 1970s to the present.
My mother remembers Gabrys. They were a lot of them, she doesn't know why they are called that, but she will ask a friend who was the Bryjak's neighbor, she is in her 80s so she will remember more maybe. My mother said there are Bryjak's in Germany. Frank Bryjak's daughter, she can't remember her name, got married and moved to Germany but doesn't know her husband's name. She went to school with Albert Bryjak, he was 2 years older but a poor student and she passed him in class, she named off a few Bryjaks but knows their names, not more about them. There are more but most of the Bryjaks were older than her by 20 years...her older siblings would know some of them maybe. Best source of info is my mother's friend, the neighbor, she said she will ask her and let me know. Smile

Any info on Fudala to Ellis Island would be appreciated. My great grandfather, Andrzej Fudala came to America with Anna and Jozef Fudala around or before 1900, but went back to Poland.

I will pm you with my e-mail, if you could send me articles it would be greatly appreciated.

The area was not too large and the people knew each other, it is likely our ancestors had a drink together Smile
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:18 am      Post subject:

Goralka,
Our older living relatives are always the best source of information. I’m excited to hear that your mother remembers the Bryjak "Gabrys" families from Dlugopole. I would appreciate any information your mother and her friends can give me.

I have three Fudalas from Dlugopole in my chart (there may be additional records at Ancestry.com that are not on the Ellis Island site):

- Fudala, Jedrzej [Andrew]: Age at arrival: 44; Estim. birth year: 1863; Marital Status: Married; Date of Arrival: Jan 17, 1907; Ship of Travel: Kaiserin Auguste Victoria; Port of Departure: Hamburg; Manifest Line Number: 0002; Last residence: Dlugopole (no additional information); Destination: Hard to read, looks like Acq. Jakob Bujan, Chicago, 18th Pl. (probably 18th St.);
- Fudala, Josef: Age at arrival: 19; Estim. birth year: 1890; Marital Status: Single; Date of Arrival: Nov 30, 1909; Ship of Travel: Kroonland; Port of Departure: Antwerp; Manifest Line Number: 0025; Last residence: Dlugopole, with father Jendrzej Fudala; Destination: Uncle Josef Kowalkowski, Chicago, 17th St;
- Fudala, Anna: Age at arrival: 18; Estim. birth year: 1894; Marital Status: Single; Date of arrival: Jan 16, 1912; Ship of Travel: George Washington; Port of Departure: Bremen; Manifest Line Number: 0020; Last residence: Dlugopole, with father Jendrzej Fudala; Destination: Brother Jozef Fudala, Chicago, W. 18th St.

I found Anna Fudala’s marriage to Jendrzej [Andrew] Dlugopolski (I can e-mail you a copy of the marriage licence if you like). They were married on 18th Feb 1917 by Rev. Louis Grudzinski at St. John of God Church, Chicago. Their marriage licence was issued on 15 Feb 1917 at the Office of Robert M. Sweitzer, County Clerk of the County of Cook, and the Seat thereof:

Groom: Jendrzej Dlugopolski; Groom's Age: 28; Groom's Estimated Birth Year: 1889; Groom's Birth Date: 1889; Bride: Anna Fudala; Bride's Age: 24; Bride's Estimated Birth Year: 1893; Bride's Birth Date: 1893; Marriage Date: 15 Feb 1917; Marriage Place: Chicago, Cook, Illinois; Film Number: 1030641; Digital Film Number: 4272579; Image Number: 516; Reference Number: 755082; Collection: Illinois, Cook County Marriages, 1871-1920.

I also found marriage information on five of their children:
- Bernice Dlugopolski, b. 1919, married Chester J. Tokarz, b. 1915, on 31 July 1946; Marriage Place: East Chicago, Indiana; Groom's Father's Name: Anthony Tokarz; Groom's Mother's Name: Julia Czosnyki; Bride's Father's Name: Andrew Dlugopolska; Bride's Mother's Name: Anna Fudala; Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M00172-3; System Origin: Indiana-EASy; Source Film Number: 1887902; Reference Number: P191-52; Collection: Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992;
- Victoria Dluyopolski, Groom's Name: Michael Baran; Marriage Date: 07 Jul 1956; Marriage Place: East Chicago, Indiana; Groom's Father's Name: Joseph Baran; Groom's Mother's Name: Agnes Gajewski; Bride's Father's Name: Andrew Dluyopolski; Bride's Mother's Name: Ann Fudala; Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M00172-3; System Origin: Indiana-EASy; Source Film Number: 1887902; Reference Number: P49-22; Collection: Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992;
- Mary Ann Dluyopolski, Groom's Name: Benjamin Kmiotek; Marriage Date: 12 May 1956; Marriage Place: East Chicago, Indiana; Groom's Father's Name: Stephen Kmiotek; Groom's Mother's Name: Angeline Pozatek; Bride's Father's Name: Andrew Dluyopolski; Bride's Mother's Name: Ann Fudala; Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M00172-3; System Origin: Indiana-EASy; Source Film Number: 1887902; Reference Number: P48-15; Collection: Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992;
- Chester John Dlugopalski, Bride's Name: Dolores Svabek or Grabowski; Marriage Date: 26 Oct 1949; Marriage Place: East Chicago, Lake, Indiana; Groom's Father's Name: Andrew Dlugopalski; Groom's Mother's Name: Anna Fudala; Bride's Father's Name: August Snobik; Bride's Mother's Name: Virginia Witczak; Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M01070-9; System Origin: Indiana-EASy; Source Film Number: 1887827; Collection: Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992;
- Theresa Dluzopolski, Groom's Name: Stanislous Opotkiewicz; Marriage Date: 10 Oct 1953; Marriage Place: East Chicago, Indiana; Groom's Father's Name: John Opotkiewicz; Groom's Mother's Name: Mary Kosprgyk; Bride's Father's Name: Andrew Dluzopolski; Bride's Mother's Name: Anna Fudala; Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M00172-3; System Origin: Indiana-EASy; Source Film Number: 1887902; Reference Number: P39-34; Collection: Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992.

As to my grandfather’s brother’s wife Wiktorya Dlugopolska: She was born on December 14, 1889 in Dlugopole, her parents were Benedykt Dlugopolski and Zofia Babel from Dlugopole. Wiktorya Dlugopolska had a brother Wojciech Dlugopolski who seems to have stayed in Dlugopole, a sister Rozalia Dlugopolska who emigrated to the US, and when Wiktorya returned to the US in 1923 from a visit to Poland she indicated that her nearest relative in Poland was her brother [?] John Kibda (probably Kipta) in Czarny Dunajec. Wiktorya returned to Poland some time after 1923 and lived in Czarny Dunajec in the 1950s.

I don’t have much time today, but will e-mail you the articles and send you some more info and perhaps some family pictures soon.
Ute

Last edited by Ute on Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:27 am; edited 2 times in total
goralka

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:16 pm      Post subject:

Thank you!!! for the information. My mother will be happy to hear and know more about this. You were speaking of my great-grandfather and my great aunt and great uncle. My grandfather was born after my great-grandfather returned to Poland.

How did you get this information so quickly? I was thinking of subscribing to ancestry.com to try to get some of these records. I hope I will be able to return the favor of your help by getting more information about your relatives.

It may be a few weeks before I get back to you. My mother is not tech saavy and they do not have a computer, nor the neighbor. So, I will have to print out the photos and take notes on what they say. My mother mentioned that my oldest uncle, who is in his 80s might remember them very well but there is a family feud and I am forbidden to contact him...I guess they didn't mention family feuds in the article you sent me but they are all too common. The feud is among them, and not I, but out of respect to my mother's position, I musn't make contact. I hope you understand. But I think that if anything, the neighbor will remember the most. She is in her late 80s too. So, are you the granddaughter of Rozalia? The one they said whose mother went to Germany?

Can you clarify for me how you obtained house numbers? My parents have never mentioned this sort of thing before.
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:49 am      Post subject: Index of Dlugopole villagers who emigrated to the US

I always found it aggravating that so many passenger and place names were misspelled or illegible in ship manifests with the result that we have are having a hard time finding our ancestors when searching for them at Ellis Island. While researching my paternal grandfather's maternal ancestors in the village Dlugopole, I put together an index of Dlugopole villagers who traveled to the United States with the passenger's name as it was indexed on the passenger list, alternate spellings if family and given name or place of origin and destination seemed to be misspelled, the passengers' residence and contact in the country of origin, who the passenger was going to join in the United States, etc. If your ancestors were from Dlugopole and you have information or records that you are willing to share, please let me know. Thank you.

Last edited by Ute on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
drphil

Replies: 38

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:44 pm      Post subject:

Hello Ute,

I can understand your aggravation with the misspellings. While searching through Ellis Island records for possible relatives from Odrowaz, I came across over 20 different spellings of Odrowaz. I am always concerned that I may miss finding an ancestor because
of some unusual spelling.

Phil
Send e-mail
kurek

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:40 pm      Post subject: Victoria Dlugopolska

I knew Michael Baran. His nickname was "tats." He attended St. Adalbert (Parafia Świętego Wojciecha) Polish school in Whiting, Indiana. Had at least one sister named Shirley. I slightly knew his wife, Victoria Dlugopolska. She was an attractive Polish woman. Mike was born and raised in Whiting, Indiana. He was a Navy veteran and was discharged prior to marrying Victoria.

Victoria was from a section in East Chicago, Indiana called Roxanna.
She worked at a company in Whiting, Indiana called Sprout and Davis that does not exist now.
I believe that they were married in St. Stanislaus parish in East Chicago, Indiana. They had a stormy marriage and they divorced. Victoria remarried. There was an obit in the Northwest Indiana Times regarding her passing within the last 2 - 3 years. She was living in Florida and I believe a widower. Michael I believe resettled in California.
kurek

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:00 pm      Post subject:

I meant to say Victgoria was living in Florida and I believe a widow.
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:33 am      Post subject: Re: Victoria Dlugopolska

kurek wrote:
I knew Michael Baran. His nickname was "tats." He attended St. Adalbert (Parafia Świętego Wojciecha) Polish school in Whiting, Indiana. Had at least one sister named Shirley. I slightly knew his wife, Victoria Dlugopolska. She was an attractive Polish woman. Mike was born and raised in Whiting, Indiana. He was a Navy veteran and was discharged prior to marrying Victoria.
Victoria was from a section in East Chicago, Indiana called Roxanna.
She worked at a company in Whiting, Indiana called Sprout and Davis that does not exist now.
I believe that they were married in St. Stanislaus parish in East Chicago, Indiana. They had a stormy marriage and they divorced. Victoria remarried. There was an obit in the Northwest Indiana Times regarding her passing within the last 2 - 3 years. She was living in Florida and I believe a widower. Michael I believe resettled in California.

Thank you very much for the information! Victoria's parents were Andrew Dlugopolski and Anna Fudala, Michael Baran's parents were Joseph Baran and Agnes Gajewski:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XF7R-8WR

I also found them in the 1940 Census, Area A, Hammond, North Township, Lake, Indiana:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/V1TY-MF7

See also my above response of March 28, 2011 to "Goralka" re Dlugopolski/Fudala with more details on the family.
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:49 am      Post subject:

To all Dlugopole emigrants' descendants Exclamation

Thanks to hard and diligent work of Ute the Dlugopole Emigrants database has been updated and uploaded for all to use: Dlugopole Emigrants .

Thank you Ute.
Send e-mail
jkoloj

Replies: 22

Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:36 pm      Post subject: Ancestors from Dlugopole

Ute,

Thanks again for all of your hard work and making it available to other members of PO. It was with interest that I noticed the first names listed on your index are relatives of mine. Marianna FITAK came to the USA on 2/19/1909, however that was before she married John FITAK in Chicago, IL on 10/24/1911. Her maiden name was FUDALA. Joseph Fitak was born in Indiana(1912) and it would appear from your records that mother and son took a trip to Poland, perhaps to allow grandparents a chance to see the new baby. Question There are other names on your index that are interesting as well, primarily MIRWA. Marianna's parents were named John Fudala and Anna Mirwa, according to the marriage record of John & Marianna from St. Adalbert's Church. That record indicates that John was born in Odrowaz and she was from Ludzmierz. (My paternal grandmother was named Anastasia Fitak; she was the older sister of John) Thanks again for making your research available to others....it is much appreciated.

Send e-mail
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:07 am      Post subject: Re: Ancestors from Dlugopole

jkoloj wrote:
Ute,
Thanks again for all of your hard work and making it available to other members of PO. It was with interest that I noticed the first names listed on your index are relatives of mine. Marianna FITAK came to the USA on 2/19/1909, however that was before she married John FITAK in Chicago, IL on 10/24/1911. Her maiden name was FUDALA. Joseph Fitak was born in Indiana(1912) and it would appear from your records that mother and son took a trip to Poland, perhaps to allow grandparents a chance to see the new baby. Question There are other names on your index that are interesting as well, primarily MIRWA. Marianna's parents were named John Fudala and Anna Mirwa, according to the marriage record of John & Marianna from St. Adalbert's Church. That record indicates that John was born in Odrowaz and she was from Ludzmierz. (My paternal grandmother was named Anastasia Fitak; she was the older sister of John) Thanks again for making your research available to others....it is much appreciated.

Hello Joe,
Thanks for your nice reply and the additional information on your ancestors. Although putting together such a chart takes time and patience, it is certainly time well spent if it helps other members of PolishOrigins in finding their immigrant ancestors and in preserving the information for future generations.

I have more genealogical information on some of the individuals and families after immigration to the US (e.g. marriage records, residences, children, obituaries, and so on) that I did not include when I put together the chart, but it is one of my future goals to extend the chart by inserting this additional information as well and to make it available to others.

Thank you for telling me about Maryanna Fudala's immigration of Feb 1909. I found it in the Ellis Island database and will include it in the next update. The writing on the ship manifest is hard to read, and I can’t make out the name and address of the person she joined in Chicago. Can you?

What I can read is: First Name: Marya, Last Name: Fudala, Ethnicity: Austria, Galician, Last Place of Residence: Dlugopole, with father Jan Fudala, Date of Departure: February 04, 1909, Port of Departure: Bremen, Date of Arrival: Feb 19, 1909, Port of Arrival: New York, Ship of Travel: Koln, Age at Arrival: 16, Marital Status: Single, Destination: Chicago, to join an acquaintance ?? Manifest Line Number: 0003.

I found the church marriage records for John Fitak and Maryanna Fudala and for your paternal grandparents Anastasia Fitak and John Kolodziej and some additional information when I put together the Dlugopole chart. You probably have this information or part of it already, but maybe some of it will be helpful in your research:

Information on Maryanna Fitak, taken from the 1911 ship manifest: Place of birth Dlugopole. Was in the US/Chicago before, 1907/1912. Claims US.

Information on Maryanna Fudala’s marrriage to Jan/John Fitak, taken from the church marriage record, St. Adalbert, Chicago: Maryanna Fudala, 18 ys old in 1911, baptized in Ludzmierz, daughter of Joannes [Jan/John] Fudala and Anna Mierwa, married Jan/John Fitak, baptized in Odrowaz, son of Andreas Fitak and Sophia Jasien, 21 ys old in 1911, on Oct 24, 1911 at St. Adalbert Church, Chicago. Marriage witnesses were Jacobus Bienarz [Bieniasz?] and Marianna Fudala.

The couple lived in Chicago in 1914, later in Indiana, and had a son Joseph J. Fitak, b 1912. According to his father’s obituary, Joseph J. Fitak lived in Cicero, IL in 1970. It seems that he was the only child of John and Maryanna/Mary Fitak. He died on June 6, 1997 in Orange, Florida according to the SSDI (Joseph J Fitak, United States Social Security Death Index, birth: 16 September 1912, death: 6 June 1997 Orange, Florida, State of last residence: Florida, State issued: Indiana.)

Jan/John Fitak died in 1970 at age 79 years. The obituary appeared in the Chicago Tribune on Nov 07, 1970:
1970-11-07, Chicago Tribune [IL], Fitak, Edition: Chicago Tribune, John A. Fitak of R. R. 1, Grovertown, Ind., age 79, husband of Maryanna, father of Joseph J. of Cicero, Ill., two sisters, three grandchildren, six great-grandchildren. (I have the full text of the obituaryif you would like to have it).

According to the obituary, Jan/John Fitak had two sisters. One of his sisters was Anastasia Fitak. Anastasia Fitak [same parents as for Jan Fitak] married Joannem [Jan/John] Kolodziej, son of Adalbert Kolodziej and Anna Czyskow, on April 16, 1907 at St. Adalbert Church, Chicago. Marriage witnesses were B. Kujawski and Joanne Jemisla[?? spelling].

Jan/John Fitak lived with the Kolodziej family In Chicago when the 1910 Census was taken.

See https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MKCJ-S2H

Jan/John Kolodziej died in 1962. The obituary appeared in the Chicago Tribune on Mar 29, 1962:
1962-03-29 Chicago Tribune [IL] Kolodziej Edition: Chicago Tribune John Kolodziej, beloved husband of the late Anastasia, loving father of Joseph [Victoria] and Casimir, dear brother of Joseph, grandfather of three. (I have the full text of this obituary also, if you would like to have it).

I didn't research any further then this though, but maybe some of the information will be helpful in your research. If you don't have the church marriage records and obituaries, please let me know, and I'll send them to you. Also if you see something that does not seem right, please let me know, any corrections or additional information that you are willing to share are welcome.
Ute
jkoloj

Replies: 22

Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:03 pm      Post subject:

Ute,
I do appreciate the information you provided on the Kolodziej/Fitak family. Although I do have quite a bit of the data from St Adalbert marriage records, the US census data, etc., I have never seen the obituaries you mentioned for John Fitak or my grandfather, John Kolodziej. If you could share those with me, that would be very cool. I have spoken to John & Maryanna's grandson, JC Fitak and he told me his grandmother died on 12/10/1987 in Cicero, IL but I have never been able to confirm that info. Do you have anything that shows her date of death? Regarding the 1909 ship manifest for Maryanna, I too have not been able to decipher the name of person she was going to join up with in Chicago! It is kind of interesting that the name of the female witness to the Fitak/Fudala marriage was a friend who also was named Marianna Fudala! A friend? Related some how? If I come up with any answers I'll be sure to share with you. I will also send you a PM with my email address, in case you would like to send obit text that way.
Joe

Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Page 2 of 3

Jump to: