PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:20 am      Post subject: Gramza surname

Looking for help with Ludwik Gramza and his wife. I believe Ludwik was born between 1810 and 1812. Ludwiks father, I believe was Mathias Gramza born around 1785 and his wife was Marianna. (maiden name Greda or Piwinska). I can't seem to go back any further than early 1800's. Need any help I can get with the Gramza surname.
Send e-mail
Agnieszka Pawlus
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 748

Post Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:42 am      Post subject:

Jeff43614,

You have luck Smile I din not know where Ludwik and Marianna used to live, however I checked at random the Poznań project (Marriage indexing for the 19th century within the former Prussian province of Posen) and here is what I have found:
there is a marriage between Ludovicus (Ludwik) Gramz and Marianna Gręda in 1840, in the catholic parish of Łęgowo-Tarnowo (after 1835 the parish church was in fact in the former cistercian church in Wagrowiec).
Ludwik's age at that time was 28, so his birth date would be 1812.

Here is the link to that page: http://poznan-project.psnc.pl/index.php?lang=en
To find this record and verify the data you can check the LDS microfilm 746784 (Births, Marriages and Deaths from 1818-1835 1838 1840-1848 1850-1855)

Good luck with your research!
Aga
Visit poster's website
Jeff43614

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:03 pm      Post subject:

Do you know where I can get the birth certificate for Ludwik Gramza?
Send e-mail
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:39 pm      Post subject:

Jeff43614 wrote:
Do you know where I can get the birth certificate for Ludwik Gramza?

Jeff,

Film #746784 contains the civil transcripts for the parish. The ecclesiastical copy of the parish registers is available online. The attached image of the marriage record is from film 2090362 Item 16. Unfortunately, the priest did not include the couple's parents names or their place of birth. One possible clue is that Ludwik's brother Michal was one of the witnesses at the marriage. Birth & Baptism records for the years 1811, 1812, & 1813 are available online but I did not see Ludwik recorded in that parish during those years. Both Ludwik and Maryanna are recorded as "servants" residing in the same village in the marriage record. It is possible that neither was born in the parish where the wedding took place and they possibly had moved to the parish for work but had been born and baptized elsewhere. Perhaps they may turn up in a search of the neighboring parishes.

Wishing you success,

Dave

record-image_3Q9M-CSM8-99JF-8.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.13 MB
 Viewed:  4576 Time(s)

record-image_3Q9M-CSM8-99JF-8.jpg

Jeff43614

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:08 pm      Post subject: Gramza surname

Wow. Sure is nice to know that there are websites that actually respond to a request! Thank you so much.
Where cam I look at the ecclesiastical copy of the parish registers online? Any suggestions on where/how I can locate Ludwiks parents names, birth dates etc???? I believe Ludwigs fathers name was Mathias and moms name was Anna or Maryanna. Both born between 1780 and 1790.
Send e-mail
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:22 pm      Post subject: Re: Gramza surname

Jeff43614 wrote:
Wow. Sure is nice to know that there are websites that actually respond to a request! Thank you so much.
Where cam I look at the ecclesiastical copy of the parish registers online? Any suggestions on where/how I can locate Ludwiks parents names, birth dates etc???? I believe Ludwigs fathers name was Mathias and moms name was Anna or Maryanna. Both born between 1780 and 1790.

Jeff,

The ecclesiastical copies are available on Family Search. Just go to "Search Catalog" and type in Legowo. There are two sets of records which will appear as a result of the search. The one you want is "Księgi Metrykalne 1593-1878". The categories which are online are those with the camera icon.

Your best bet to find info about Ludwik's parents would be to locate his birth/baptism record and go from there. The Poznań Project site which Aga used to find the marriage record is a wonderful and most useful tool for locating marriages. The volunteers have indexed all the marriages which took place in the 19th Century. Unfortunately, there are no exact matches for Maciej Gramza although there is a marriage of Mateusz Gramziak to Maryanna Jurgasionka in 1802 (#25) in Środa. Later (Środa 1835 #17) there is a marriage of a child of Mateusz Gramza & Maryanna, Bonifacy, who would have been born c. 1810 (probably in Środa). I don't know whether researching Środa for Ludwik's birth would be worthwhile or not. Mateusz & Maciej are so similar, especially in Latin, that possibly one had been substituted for the other in whatever source you have for Ludwik's father's possible name. Gramziak and Gramza are similar enough to be variant surname entries---especially in the early 19th Century.

I can't give you any additional advice on where else to look for his birth.

Sorry that I can't be of more help.

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: