PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 63

Post Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:34 am      Post subject: CIEMNIEWKO PARISH

Has anyone heard of this parish? If ceo could someone please tell me how to retrieve records from this parish th? Thank you very much Carol Tamara
Send e-mail
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:03 am      Post subject:

Carol,

I found through our PolishOrigins Databases tool that part of the records from Ciemniewko parish is indexed in the Polish Genealogical Society Project 'Geneteka' Exclamation

Click here: http://polishorigins.com/databases/index?s=ciemniewko to see search results from our POD tool, and here: http://bit.ly/9lrR05 to see translated into English page of Geneteka project from Mazovia region. Click on 'guestbook' and among other parishes you will find there Ciemniewko. Add period of time you are interested in, surname, and click Search (or 'Wyszukaj' in Polish version).

And tell us about results Smile Exclamation

Last edited by Zenon on Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Send e-mail
carolt71

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:51 am      Post subject:

Thank you very much for the information! I found the name I was looking for. The main battle in genealogy is name changes, it getting around databases and numerous marriages. Thanks so much again! By the way. Do you know if the Olympic gold medalists Evan Lysacek is of polish descent? Thanks Carol Tamara
Send e-mail
Zenon

Post Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:30 am      Post subject:

carolt71 wrote:
Thank you very much for the information! I found the name I was looking for.

This is great Exclamation

carolt71 wrote:
The main battle in genealogy is name changes, it getting around databases and numerous marriages. Thanks so much again!

I completely agree with you. For all, click here to see our other discussion about name changes: http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=84 .

carolt71 wrote:
By the way. Do you know if the Olympic gold medalists Evan Lysacek is of polish descent? Thanks Carol Tamara

According to wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evan_lysacek is of Italian and Czech descent; his great-grandfather František Lysáček, emigrated from Czechoslovakia to Chicago in 1925. And Czech and Polish as languages with the same Slavic roots sound really similar.
Send e-mail
carolt71

Post Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:24 am      Post subject: Ciemniewko parish - Help please archives.

I am trying to fill out the form for the town of Ciemniekwo. I found the information but I'm not exactly sure where to put it. They gave the old province has ciechanow and also Mazovia,etc. Every time I have tried the archives I am unable to locate anything. Thanks carol VE a fifth
Send e-mail
Zenon

Post Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:43 am      Post subject:

What kind of form are you trying to fill out? Tell us from what year and what kind of record you are interested in and we will try to suggest you the next steps.
Send e-mail
carolt71

Post Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:34 am      Post subject: Remote archives

I went to the page for remote archives. I will try to cut and paste it.

Strona głównaMapa stronyKontakt

Info

Searching guidelinese

The PRADZIAD database

enter the name of the town where the parish, the public registry office or the religious community were located

enter the name of the commune on the territory of which the town searched for is located, or the county on the territory of which it was located before the war:

select the name of the province within the 1975-1998 or 1918-1939 borders:
---ALL--- # Berlin # Frankfurt an der Oder # Görlitz # Gumbinnen # Königsberg in Preussen # Köslin # Liegnitz # Löbau # Marienwerder # Potsdam # Schlesien # Stettin # Zittau bialskopodlaskie Białoruś białostockie bielskie bielskobialskie bydgoskie chełmskie ciechanowskie częstochowskie dolnośląskie elbląskie gdańskie gorzowskie jeleniogórskie kaliskie katowickie kieleckie konińskie koszalińskie krakowskie krośnieńskie legnickie leszczyńskie lubelskie lwowskie łomżyńskie łódzkie nowogródzkie nowosądeckie obwód kaliningradzki olsztyńskie opolskie ostrołęckie pilskie piotrkowskie płockie poleskie poznańskie przemyskie radomskie Rumunia rzeszowskie siedleckie sieradzkie skierniewickie słupskie stanisławowskie suwalskie szczecińskie tarnobrzeskie tarnopolskie tarnowskie toruńskie wałbrzyskie warszawskie wileńskie włocławskie wołyńskie wrocławskie zamojskie zielonogórskie § Kowno § Kurlandia § suwalska § wołyńska
select the denomination or religion in respect of which the register was kept:
---ALL--- adwentyści anglikanie baptyści chrystusowi katolicy chrześcijańsko-katolickie dysydenci ewang. chrześcijanie ewangelickie ewangelicko-augsburskie ewangelicko-reformowane filipońskie greckokatolickie jednowiercy katolicko-apostolskie mahometańskie mariawickie mennonickie mieszane mojżeszowe nie określone ormiańskie polsko-narodowe prawosławne rzymskokatolickie staroluterańskie urząd stanu cywilnego
select the type of event:
---ALL--- akta znania alegata bierzmowania chrzty copulationis egzaminy przedślubne I Komunia Święta inne katechumeni komunikujący koncesje konfirmacje konwertyci księga rodzin małżeństwa mieszane protokoły przedślubne rejestr alfabetyczny rozwody spis dusz spowiadający się śluby urodzenia wstąpienia do obrządku wypominki wystąpienia z obrządku zapowiedzi zgony
match case:

Wersja do druku

ul.Rakowiecka 2D, 02-517 Warszawa
tel.(+48 22) 565-46-00, fax (+48 22) 565-46-14
email: [email protected] Copyright 2009 Naczelna Dyrekcja Archiwów Państwowych
Send e-mail
Zenon

Post Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:39 am      Post subject:

Carol,

There are plenty of records from Ciemniewko praish in Polish State Archives, branch in Mlawa http://www.warszawa.ap.gov.pl/angielski/mlawa/mlawa.html .

I have positive experience with contacting them via e-mail (in Polish). Try to write to them what you need by this e-mail: apw.mlawaATwarszawa.ap.gov.pl (replace AT by @) .

For all contacting Polish State Archives very helpful may be James' article, which can be found here: http://polishorigins.com/document/archives_practical_hints .
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: