PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 593

Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:10 am      Post subject:

Arlene Vic wrote:
Very Happy

I just remember I forgot to mentioned about my 3rd cousin. My Grandmother Victoria Kroll's sister Anna who married Mr. Harbut. They have 7 or more children. Daughter Rose married to Mr. Kulach. They have 4 or 5 children. Mother died giving birth to last children Rose. Rose grew up without her mother. Rose Kulach married Walter Truty in Poland and they moved to Chicago, IL. in 1966 or 1967. They still lived in Northwest side of Chicago, near O'Hare Airport.

I still keep in touch with them all the time. They are close to my age.

Arlene,
I just checked the 1940 census for Chicago and there's a Joseph Parzygnat living with John Kulach, wife Pauline, and son Edward; a Walter Parzygnat family, wife Annie, daughter Patricia; and an Andrew Waksmunski family, wife Caroline, son Leo, all living at Racine Ave., Chicago. My grandmother's sister, Anna Szot-Leonas and her husband Mieczyslaw 'James' Leonos first lived at 656 N. Carpenter and then at 623, N. Racine also. Later they moved to 3750 S. Wallace, Chicago, and finally to 175th and Center, East Hazel Crest. I'm attaching the 1940 Census page for you (I can send you a sharper image by e-mail, if necessary).

K1024_WAKSMUNDSKI, PARZYGNAT,KULACH Racine Ave 1940.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  216.46 KB
 Viewed:  11175 Time(s)

K1024_WAKSMUNDSKI, PARZYGNAT,KULACH Racine Ave 1940.JPG

Arlene Vic

Replies: 40

Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:39 pm      Post subject:

Ute wrote:
Arlene Vic wrote:
Very Happy

I just remember I forgot to mentioned about my 3rd cousin. My Grandmother Victoria Kroll's sister Anna who married Mr. Harbut. They have 7 or more children. Daughter Rose married to Mr. Kulach. They have 4 or 5 children. Mother died giving birth to last children Rose. Rose grew up without her mother. Rose Kulach married Walter Truty in Poland and they moved to Chicago, IL. in 1966 or 1967. They still lived in Northwest side of Chicago, near O'Hare Airport.

I still keep in touch with them all the time. They are close to my age.

Arlene,
I just checked the 1940 census for Chicago and there's a Joseph Parzygnat living with John Kulach, wife Pauline, and son Edward; a Walter Parzygnat family, wife Annie, daughter Patricia; and an Andrew Waksmunski family, wife Caroline, son Leo, all living at Racine Ave., Chicago. My grandmother's sister, Anna Szot-Leonas and her husband Mieczyslaw 'James' Leonos first lived at 656 N. Carpenter and then at 623, N. Racine also. Later they moved to 3750 S. Wallace, Chicago, and finally to 175th and Center, East Hazel Crest. I'm attaching the 1940 Census page for you (I can send you a sharper image by e-mail, if necessary).

Hi Ute,
Wow, you found more of my mother's brothers. I didn't add them in previous threads. Now I am.
Like I posted about my Mother's three sisters.
1. Frank Kroll - Grandma had him before she married Edward Parzygnat
2. Walter Parzygnat - Marry to Anna Waksmundzki
3. Joseph Parzygnat - Marry Josephine ???
4. Jan Parzygnat - Married Elizabeth ??/

Pauline Kulach is my mother's siste. My aunt and uncle Jan did lived same building with my Grandparents Waksmundzki. I know that my Grandfather Edward Parzygnat did lives with his daughter Pauline Parzygnat Kulach and family. Later on my mother Antoinette and aunt Helen left Poland and lives with them in Waksmundzki Building. Then families got larger and moved out.

I wonder if your grandmother's sister know Waksmundzki and Kulach.

That is very interesting.
Send e-mail
GaryWaksmunski

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:54 pm      Post subject: Re: Waksmundzki

Ute wrote:
andycw wrote:
Arlene, my name is Andrew Waksmundzki. I live in Jackson NJ in the US and I'm nearly 54. My Dad's name is George who is 86 and still alive in an assisted living facility here in Jackson. My Mom Josephine passed away 3 years ago. My Grandmother's name was Rose. I was ready through the chain and almost fell off my chair. My Grandmother moved from the Wilksbarre Pennsylvania area. My Grandfather who I never met was a coal miner who died of blacklung. I have on my desk my Uncle Stanley's Purple Heart Medal he was awarded when he was killed in WWII. My Uncle John, Frank, Aunt Ann and Sally have all passed. My dad and his sister Helen, who is a Bernadine nun, took the name Sister Roseangela 83 (after her Mother Rose) and are the only 2 remaning survivors. I don't know who Sebasian is.

Please keep in touch.

Thanks,
Andy

Hello Andrew,
I came across a church marriage record for Adalbert Waksmunski from Waksmund, Galicia (son of Bartholomiej Waksmunski) getting married to Catharina Cyrus from Waksmund (daughter of Nicolai Cyrus) on 23 Jan 1910 in Chicago. I also found an application for a marriage licence for a Chester Nick Waksmunski (son of George Waksmunski and Catharine, nee Cywrus) and Theresa Less (daughter of Martin Less and Mary, nee Lewandowski). Bride and groom were 18 ys old at the time (born 1929), Chester Nick Waksmunski's occupation was trackman, his father's occupation was coal miner, their residence was at 2650, Brereton St., Pittsburgh, PA. I wonder if Adalbert Waksmunski and Catherine Cyrus who got married in Chicago in 1910 are Chester Nick Waksmunski's parents (Adalbert Waksmunski may have changed his first name to George; the last name Cyrus resp. Cywrus in the records is most likely CYRWUS). If you are related to this family and would like to have the records, pls. let me know and I'll post them or mail them to you.

Hello everyone. My name is Gary Waksmunski, currently from Belleville, IL, and I just found this web site yesterday. This is my first post here.

Adalbert Waksmunski did in fact change his name to George (I am not sure if it was legally done or not, but he was known by George for the short time both he and I were alive together). Adalbert and Catharina ended up residing in Lilly, PA; where they had 8 or 9 son's total (I believe one died very young) and no daughters.

Adalbert died when I was 5 years old, around 1968. Catharina died around 1945, which was 18 years before I was born. I believe on her grave, Catharina is spelled as Kathryn. Both are buried in what was the Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Catholic Cemetery in Lilly, PA. When I was young, Lilly, PA had about 1500 people, but had two Catholic churches -- St Brigid's, which we called the "Irish church" and Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, which we called the "Polish church". Both churches were merged into one by the Altoona-Johnstown diocese in the late 1980's or early 1990's.

Chester Nick Waksmunski was in fact Adalbert's son and he did reside in Pittsburgh with his wife Theresa. I believe Chester was Adalbert's youngest son and one of his brothers, Frank Michael Waksmunski, was my father. Uncle Chester worked for the Pennsylvania Railroad and its successors until he passed away in Altoona, PA on a regular trip he made for the railroad. He would ride one train from where he lived in Pittsburgh up to Altoona, sometimes stay overnight, and then work the next train going back to Pittsburgh. It was during one of these overnight stays in Altoona that he died. Uncle Chester was only around 48 years old when he died.

I know of two places in the Lilly, PA area where Adalbert and family resided. One was on the southern outskirt of town and I don't think that house is standing any longer. That was the house where my father Frank was born.

In 1936, Adalbert purchased what we call the Waksmunski homestead on a dirt road that was an extension of Piper Street that lead to some of the coal mines that dotted the landscape around Lilly. That house still stands and the dirt road it is on was partially paved and named Park Road. You can view the house on Google Maps at the following link:

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.4214887,-78.6103568,215m/data=!3m1!1e3

**NOTE** The line above chops off the end of the link to the map of the homestead starting after the equal sign near the end. Copy and paste the entire link into your browser to get the satellite view with the picture centered on the homestead **NOTE**

In case the map at the link above does not center correctly, it is the L shaped house on the inside of the curve. The house is currently owned by my brother, Kevin David Waksmunski, who also owns the house next door to the West.

This house next door to the original homestead was built by my parents Frank and Agnes Waksmunski in around 1950 and it was the house I grew up in. Frank died in 2004 and is buried in the old Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Cemetery in Lilly where Adalbert and other Waksmunski's that grew up in the Lilly area are buried.

My mother Agnes uses her maiden last name of Giblock (which may have originally been spelled Giblak). She just recently turned 82 and she lives in Cresson, PA.

When the two Catholic churches in Lilly were combined, a schism occurred where former parishioners of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel formed a new parish of the Polish National Catholic Church. That church is the building on the map to the South of the original Waksmunski homestead.

One thing that you don't get a sense of from looking at the map as it stands today was just how remote the area around the Waksmunski homestead was. When they moved there in 1936, the athletic field to the Northwest of the homestead was just wooded area. The nearest house was about 1/4 to 1/2 mile away. The homestead was pretty much surrounded by woods and active coal mines.

It seems strange now, but my earliest childhood memory was of being in a truck with my father and uncle John Waksmunski when they were buying coal from one of those local mines within 1/4 mile of the house. To this day, I can still vividly picture seeing a coal cart being pulled by a mule out of the mine. What makes it unusual is that I was less than 2 years old at the time this occurred, as the mine closed in late 1964 or early 1965. Typically you don't have memories of things from that age of your life, but the coal falling into the back of the truck from the tipple above scared me enough to make me cry and I believe that it is this trauma that allowed me to save this memory.

I will try to post some more later about what I know of the children that Adalbert and Catherine had together, but it has been a long day and I am a bit tired. I look forward to corresponding with other members of the family.
Send e-mail
Arlene Vic

Post Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:56 pm      Post subject: Re: Waksmundzki

[quote="GaryWaksmunski"][quote="Ute"][quote="andycw"]Arlene, my name is Andrew Waksmundzki. I live in Jackson NJ in the US and I'm nearly 54. My Dad's name is George who is 86 and still alive in an assisted living facility here in Jackson. My Mom Josephine passed away 3 years ago. My Grandmother's name was Rose. I was ready through the chain and almost fell off my chair. My Grandmother moved from the Wilksbarre Pennsylvania area. My Grandfather who I never met was a coal miner who died of blacklung. I have on my desk my Uncle Stanley's Purple Heart Medal he was awarded when he was killed in WWII. My Uncle John, Frank, Aunt Ann and Sally have all passed. My dad and his sister Helen, who is a Bernadine nun, took the name Sister Roseangela 83 (after her Mother Rose) and are the only 2 remaning survivors. I don't know who Sebasian is.

Please keep in touch.

Thanks,
Andy[/quote]
Hello Andrew,
I came across a church marriage record for Adalbert Waksmunski from Waksmund, Galicia (son of Bartholomiej Waksmunski) getting married to Catharina Cyrus from Waksmund (daughter of Nicolai Cyrus) on 23 Jan 1910 in Chicago. I also found an application for a marriage licence for a Chester Nick Waksmunski (son of George Waksmunski and Catharine, nee Cywrus) and Theresa Less (daughter of Martin Less and Mary, nee Lewandowski). Bride and groom were 18 ys old at the time (born 1929), Chester Nick Waksmunski's occupation was trackman, his father's occupation was coal miner, their residence was at 2650, Brereton St., Pittsburgh, PA. I wonder if Adalbert Waksmunski and Catherine Cyrus who got married in Chicago in 1910 are Chester Nick Waksmunski's parents (Adalbert Waksmunski may have changed his first name to George; the last name Cyrus resp. Cywrus in the records is most likely CYRWUS). If you are related to this family and would like to have the records, pls. let me know and I'll post them or mail them to you.[/quote]

Hello everyone. My name is Gary Waksmunski, currently from Belleville, IL, and I just found this web site yesterday. This is my first post here.

Adalbert Waksmunski did in fact change his name to George (I am not sure if it was legally done or not, but he was known by George for the short time both he and I were alive together). Adalbert and Catharina ended up residing in Lilly, PA; where they had 8 or 9 son's total (I believe one died very young) and no daughters.

Adalbert died when I was 5 years old, around 1968. Catharina died around 1945, which was 18 years before I was born. I believe on her grave, Catharina is spelled as Kathryn. Both are buried in what was the Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Catholic Cemetery in Lilly, PA. When I was young, Lilly, PA had about 1500 people, but had two Catholic churches -- St Brigid's, which we called the "Irish church" and Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, which we called the "Polish church". Both churches were merged into one by the Altoona-Johnstown diocese in the late 1980's or early 1990's.

Chester Nick Waksmunski was in fact Adalbert's son and he did reside in Pittsburgh with his wife Theresa. I believe Chester was Adalbert's youngest son and one of his brothers, Frank Michael Waksmunski, was my father. Uncle Chester worked for the Pennsylvania Railroad and its successors until he passed away in Altoona, PA on a regular trip he made for the railroad. He would ride one train from where he lived in Pittsburgh up to Altoona, sometimes stay overnight, and then work the next train going back to Pittsburgh. It was during one of these overnight stays in Altoona that he died. Uncle Chester was only around 48 years old when he died.

I know of two places in the Lilly, PA area where Adalbert and family resided. One was on the southern outskirt of town and I don't think that house is standing any longer. That was the house where my father Frank was born.

In 1936, Adalbert purchased what we call the Waksmunski homestead on a dirt road that was an extension of Piper Street that lead to some of the coal mines that dotted the landscape around Lilly. That house still stands and the dirt road it is on was partially paved and named Park Road. You can view the house on Google Maps at the following link:

**NOTE** The line above chops off the end of the link to the map of the homestead starting after the equal sign near the end. Copy and paste the entire link into your browser to get the satellite view with the picture centered on the homestead **NOTE**

In case the map at the link above does not center correctly, it is the L shaped house on the inside of the curve. The house is currently owned by my brother, Kevin David Waksmunski, who also owns the house next door to the West.

This house next door to the original homestead was built by my parents Frank and Agnes Waksmunski in around 1950 and it was the house I grew up in. Frank died in 2004 and is buried in the old Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Cemetery in Lilly where Adalbert and other Waksmunski's that grew up in the Lilly area are buried.

My mother Agnes uses her maiden last name of Giblock (which may have originally been spelled Giblak). She just recently turned 82 and she lives in Cresson, PA.

When the two Catholic churches in Lilly were combined, a schism occurred where former parishioners of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel formed a new parish of the Polish National Catholic Church. That church is the building on the map to the South of the original Waksmunski homestead.

One thing that you don't get a sense of from looking at the map as it stands today was just how remote the area around the Waksmunski homestead was. When they moved there in 1936, the athletic field to the Northwest of the homestead was just wooded area. The nearest house was about 1/4 to 1/2 mile away. The homestead was pretty much surrounded by woods and active coal mines.

It seems strange now, but my earliest childhood memory was of being in a truck with my father and uncle John Waksmunski when they were buying coal from one of those local mines within 1/4 mile of the house. To this day, I can still vividly picture seeing a coal cart being pulled by a mule out of the mine. What makes it unusual is that I was less than 2 years old at the time this occurred, as the mine closed in late 1964 or early 1965. Typically you don't have memories of things from that age of your life, but the coal falling into the back of the truck from the tipple above scared me enough to make me cry and I believe that it is this trauma that allowed me to save this memory.

I will try to post some more later about what I know of the children that Adalbert and Catherine had together, but it has been a long day and I am a bit tired. I look forward to corresponding with other members of the family.[/quote]

Hi Gary,

I just check in and was very surprised to read your posting. I don't know if you know Mary Waksmundzki. Her father's name is John Waksmundzki living in Chicago, iL. I will tell her to check here. I have change my email address. You can check private message above.

Arlene
Send e-mail
Arlene Vic

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:02 pm      Post subject:

[quote="Arlene Vic"][quote="Ute"]Please give me your e-mail address and I'll mail the records to you later. Ute[/quote]

I am still learning how to use this forum. I am confused in here.

Did you find Sebastain Waksmundzki and Maryann Ligenza?
Sebastain may be born in 1830's or 1840's.

My families aren't interesting in Family Tree.

My email: [email protected]

Thank millions.

I will keep in touch with you.[/quote]

Last edited by Arlene Vic on Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Send e-mail
Arlene Vic

Post Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:09 pm      Post subject:

[quote="Arlene Vic"][quote="Ute"]Please give me your e-mail address and I'll mail the records to you later. Ute[/quote]

Thank millions.

Send e-mail
GaryWaksmunski

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:32 pm      Post subject: Re: Waksmundzki

GaryWaksmunski wrote:
Ute wrote:
andycw wrote:
Arlene, my name is Andrew Waksmundzki. I live in Jackson NJ in the US and I'm nearly 54. My Dad's name is George who is 86 and still alive in an assisted living facility here in Jackson. My Mom Josephine passed away 3 years ago. My Grandmother's name was Rose. I was ready through the chain and almost fell off my chair. My Grandmother moved from the Wilksbarre Pennsylvania area. My Grandfather who I never met was a coal miner who died of blacklung. I have on my desk my Uncle Stanley's Purple Heart Medal he was awarded when he was killed in WWII. My Uncle John, Frank, Aunt Ann and Sally have all passed. My dad and his sister Helen, who is a Bernadine nun, took the name Sister Roseangela 83 (after her Mother Rose) and are the only 2 remaning survivors. I don't know who Sebasian is.

Please keep in touch.

Thanks,
Andy

Hello Andrew,
I came across a church marriage record for Adalbert Waksmunski from Waksmund, Galicia (son of Bartholomiej Waksmunski) getting married to Catharina Cyrus from Waksmund (daughter of Nicolai Cyrus) on 23 Jan 1910 in Chicago. I also found an application for a marriage licence for a Chester Nick Waksmunski (son of George Waksmunski and Catharine, nee Cywrus) and Theresa Less (daughter of Martin Less and Mary, nee Lewandowski). Bride and groom were 18 ys old at the time (born 1929), Chester Nick Waksmunski's occupation was trackman, his father's occupation was coal miner, their residence was at 2650, Brereton St., Pittsburgh, PA. I wonder if Adalbert Waksmunski and Catherine Cyrus who got married in Chicago in 1910 are Chester Nick Waksmunski's parents (Adalbert Waksmunski may have changed his first name to George; the last name Cyrus resp. Cywrus in the records is most likely CYRWUS). If you are related to this family and would like to have the records, pls. let me know and I'll post them or mail them to you.

I will try to post some more later about what I know of the children that Adalbert and Catherine had together, but it has been a long day and I am a bit tired. I look forward to corresponding with other members of the family.

Here is the "Find a Grave" link for Adalbert "George" Waksmunski which shows all his sons:
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=80210886

Here is the "Find a Grave" link for Catherine (Cyrusis) Waksmunski which shows all her sons, as well:
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=80210926

Note that they had two children named John Waksmunski: John and John J. John the first died very young and my grandparents reused the name for a later son, with a different middle name.
Send e-mail
Arlene Vic

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:56 pm      Post subject:

Thank millions.

Send e-mail
Arlene Vic

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:59 pm      Post subject:

Thank millions.

Send e-mail
Arlene Vic

Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:00 pm      Post subject:

Thank millions.

My new email: [email protected]
Send e-mail
JLNedimyer31983

Post Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:54 pm      Post subject: Re: Waksmundzki

Arlene Vic wrote:
Ute wrote:
andycw wrote:

Please keep in touch.

Thanks,
Andy

Hello Andrew,

Hi I am wondering if these people are my relatives. I still can't find all relatives of Andrew Waksmundzki and Karolina Garbacz Waksmundzki. Like you said they may have changes their last names before coming to U.S.A. No wonder.
Thanks for more informations.

-- Hi Cousins!!
I am trying to hunt down my Polish relatives too. I have come across Marianna Garbacz as being my 5th Great Grandmother. Her son was Sebastian, my 4th GGF.

Was your Grandmother's name Rozalia originally by any chance?

My ancestry tree link is in my profile if you want to look and try to connect the dots.
Visit poster's website
Anna Parzygnat

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:40 pm      Post subject:

Hiii

I was named after my grandmother Anna Parzygnat, her husband was Walter Parzygnat. I’m guessing you guys are my family. I don’t know much about my family so reading all this is making my heart full. Do you have more information on Walter Parzygnat?

Thank you,
Anna
Send e-mail
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:09 am      Post subject:

Anna Parzygnat wrote:
Hiii

I was named after my grandmother Anna Parzygnat, her husband was Walter Parzygnat. I’m guessing you guys are my family. I don’t know much about my family so reading all this is making my heart full. Do you have more information on Walter Parzygnat?

Thank you,
Anna

Hi Anna,
Did you see the reply to your query of a week ago? Dave posted a wealth of information about your family, here:
https://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=18190
Best of luck in your search,
Sophia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Page 3 of 3

Jump to: