PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Post Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:56 pm      Post subject:

violin75 wrote:
charliehawkman wrote:
Arlene Vic wrote:
I think he is wearing French or Italian. I am not sure. That is beautiful uniform he is wear.

Or he could be one of the Royalty.

Yeah I recently researched some French and Italian General royalty uniform and I found there are similarities with this picture. It is pretty good uniform and I just love it. How about putting this back into uniform today?

Arlene and Charlie:

I am so happy that you love my Grandfathers uniform! Could you provide me with the address where you saw the other similar uniform?
Thanks,
Brandy

Gosh, it have been while since I have read books about Poland and Royalty.

I think you will like to look up in this Royalty news. Enjoy them.

Royalty.nu
Arlene Vic

Post Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:04 pm      Post subject:

violin75 wrote:
charliehawkman wrote:
Arlene Vic wrote:
I think he is wearing French or Italian. I am not sure. That is beautiful uniform he is wear.

Or he could be one of the Royalty.

Yeah I recently researched some French and Italian General royalty uniform and I found there are similarities with this picture. It is pretty good uniform and I just love it. How about putting this back into uniform today?

Arlene and Charlie:

I am so happy that you love my Grandfathers uniform! Could you provide me with the address where you saw the other similar uniform?
Thanks,
Brandy

It have been while back. I don't remember where.

I found this and I think you will like it. Just highlight it and copy and past to your website. You will see all histories of other countries and how royaliies were their uniforms. You will get idea.

Royalty.nu

It will take you to your Poland too.
OneBlessedMess

Replies: 6

Post Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:58 pm      Post subject:

Brandy...I wanted to thank you for posting your topic. I was doing a search for military uniforms, it appears that my Grams father was wearing his in his wedding photo. It (to me) looks closely to that of your relatives. From what I know her kids were born here (in the US) the birth dates are 1913, 1916 and 1918.

Anywho, here is a link to where I uploaded the picture Smile It's got some weird colors added. Not sure if thats how it was or if some relative did that at some point. Drives me nuts. I sure wish it didn't have the crazy colorings!

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=59094025
Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1000

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:25 pm      Post subject:

Brandy,
Here is a link to a site where I posted a portrait of my g-grandfather in uniform. I was pleased with the level of interest in my posting and also with the replies I received. Browse the postings and you will see many people have posted photos asking for uniform identification. Good Luck!!!!
http://austrohungarianlandforcesdiscussionforum.yuku.com/forums/1
violin75

Replies: 73

Post Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:11 pm      Post subject:

Wow, thanks Shellie for this link. I just read through many posts and everyone seems so interested in helping. I will add my photo and see if I can get any help. By the way...were you able to gain the information you were looking for on that site?

Will let you know what I find.

Last edited by violin75 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1000

Post Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:51 pm      Post subject:

Hi Brandy!
I actually figured out most of what I needed to know by reading the threads that others posted on austrohungarianlandforcesdiscussionforum.yuku.com

Here is my posting: http://austrohungarianlandforcesdiscussionforum.yuku.com/topic/1065/t/K-u-K-military-portrait------info--1890-s-forces.html - let us know when you post your thread and get some replies.
Happy Holidays!
Shellie
MDuplaga
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 103

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:34 am      Post subject:

Hi Brandy,
I was reviewing your Soldier photo again, and re-read some of the posts when I realized that your Soldier looks similar to a "Scotty" Gawlik who was a second husband, married to my Granmother's Sister Victoria. I got the photo out and compared them, and the similaries is startling. Please leave me a message if you are interested in seeing my photo.
MaryAnne (MDuplaga)
violin75

Replies: 73

Post Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:46 am      Post subject:

MaryAnne: I would love to see the photo. I just sent you a message, this is very exciting!!!Smile

Shellie: I will definitely let you know. I will probably do it next week. I am so happy for you that you were able to find the information you need. That is wonderful!Smile
Many Blessings to you both,
Brandy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: