PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:13 pm      Post subject: What details do pre-1900 Prussian/Silesian records contain

Hello

I am hoping someone can help. I am from the UK researching my wife's Polish ancestry. We have established from verbal/family records that her grandparents etc. were from the Kotulin, Tworog and Wozniki areas of Poland, some or all of which pre 1914 (the era I am interested in) I believe came under Prussia/Silesia. On Ancestry I have located possible microfiches of interest and I am thinking of ordering some containing marriage and baptism details. However I have no idea what sort of information they might contain. Can someone please tell me? For example do the marriage entries have names of parents and details such as the ages and addresses of the bride and groom, or do they just contain the date, names of the bride and groom and any witnessses? Similarily what details do Baptism records contain e.g. do they have the names of both parents? I will be very grateful for any help.
dkupil

Replies: 16

Post Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:25 pm      Post subject:

I have looked though films in Silesia, Constadt Catholic records 1850-70. Baptism records contain date, parents name, illegalimate or not, witnesses, on mine it contained occupation of the mother and the blessing from the priest. Death records same place contained deceased and her family children in list of order in the heirship. In Silesia and Prussia and Germany records are in old german you will need a translater the LDS history center can help you with translation. In some cases the father,s name is left out. My case witness was midwife. On this forum check out illegimate forum. Hope this helps you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: