PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 6

Post Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:18 pm      Post subject: Falat from Tarnopol Prokop, Krawczyk and Spasiowska

My grandmother was Maria Anna Falat born August 5, 1898 in Tarnopol Austria. Maria's parents were Joseph (Adalbert and Catharina Prokop's son) and Julia Krawczyk (Matthias and Catharina Spasiowska's daughter). Would you have any information? Thanks. My email address is [email protected]. Karen Flaig
Send e-mail
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:54 am      Post subject:

Send e-mail
KKBB4

Replies: 6

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:44 am      Post subject: Falat Prokop Krawczyk Spasiowska

Thank you for your reply. The ONLY information I have I received from the Central Archives of Historical records that in the register from Romas Catholic parish of Tarnopol was found Maria Anna Falat's birth certificate. She was born on the 5th August 1898 in Tarnopol and her parents were Joseph (Adalbert and Catharina Prokop's son) and Julia Krawczyk (Matthias and Catharina Spasiowska's daughter). Signed A Wardzinska with a sincerely yours Mgr Malgorzata Koska at an email address of [email protected]. I have searched the internet and I am at a complete loss to find anything. Thanks again.
Send e-mail
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:05 am      Post subject:

Karen,

If you received reply from Central Archives of Historical Records in Warsaw (AGAD: http://www.agad.archiwa.gov.pl/eng/index.html ) where are kept records from the old Polish eastern territories ('Kresy Wschodnie' in Polish) this means that your grandmother was born in the parish of Tarnopol which is now located on today's Ukraine territory and is called Ternopil, see it on the map: http://bit.ly/aHkPTb .

Why don't you try to continue cooperation with Central Archives in Warsaw and ask them for continuation of the research for you Question As you can see here: http://bit.ly/bx8lEX there are many records survived from Tarnopol and they are kept in this Archive in Warsaw.

I highly recommend you to read this article: "Remote" research in Polish State Archives - practical hints .
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: