PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:08 am      Post subject:

Kathyjo wrote:
Thank you! I'm astounded to have received all this information, and so appreciative.

I see many different names on here. Who is responding? People all with polish origins.com? Or readers on the forum? This is amazing. She must have fulfilled her lifelong wish, and died full of love:

In case you didn't see my first post earlier today, here's some background, which I've always found fascinating: My grandmother, Antonina, was from Warsaw area & came to the states when she was 17. (Her parents sold a cow to do so!) She raised a wonderful, large family outside Chicago, lost a son in WW11, and experienced lots of immigrant hardships. When she was 76, my aunt Josephine took her back to Poland for the first time in her life—there were lots of family/friend parties to celebrate, etc. Then, the night before she was to come back to America, she died in the house she was born in.

Hi Kathyjo, Marcel, & Cynthia,

I’m afraid that it is necessary to scrap everything from Europe provided by Marcel & myself. Based on the info Antonina provided on her attached naturalization papers in 1940 she was born in Przetycz in the parish of Długosiodło on June 13, 1892. That info may or may not be correct. The attached record of her marriage to Felix at Holy Rosary Catholic Church in North Chicago, Illinois provides the names of her parents, Antoni Tredowski & Katarzyna Gąsiewska. This info leads to the record of their marriage in the parish of Długosiodło. I did not locate her birth record, but I only searched indexed entries on Geneteka.

Here is the translation of her & Felix’s marriage: Left Col: Names of the contracting parties: Parcianko; (Marriage for the year) #6
Body of entry: On the 11th day of June in the Year of Our Lord 1914, after the 3 banns had been proclaimed, Felix/Feliks Parcianko from North Chicago, the son of Adam & of Eve/Ewa née Janukowicz, and Antonina Trendowska from North Chicago, the daughter of Antoni/Anthony and of Catherine/Katarzyna née Gąsiewska, entered into marriage. The witnesses Basil/Bazyli Parcianko & Veronica/Weronika Cybulska were present.

Here is the link to the marriage of her parents in the parish of Długosiodło in February of 1892:
https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0089d&sy=1892&kt=2&plik=020-021.jpg#zoom=1&x=602&y=585

Here are links to the births of two of her siblings.
Link to birth of brother Aleksander (1894 #298): https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0089d&sy=1894&kt=1&plik=295-298.jpg#zoom=1&x=2346&y=1677
Link to birth of sister Rozalia (1899 #113): https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0277d&sy=1899&kt=1&plik=111-114.jpg#zoom=1&x=0&y=0

It appears to me that it may be necessary to reexamine the family lore about her dying in the hous where she had been born.

Anyway, ignore yesterday’s posts about records in Europe. I hope that the incorrect info was not too inconvenient for you.

Wishing you success,

Dave

record-image_.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  774.18 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

record-image_.jpg

Last edited by dnowicki on Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:53 am      Post subject:

Hi Kathyjo, Dave, Cynthia and Marcel,
Here is the baptism record for Antonina.
https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0089d&sy=1891&kt=1&plik=143-146.jpg#zoom=1&x=1893&y=1550
1891, record #146, Długosiodło
She was born Antonina Gasiewska, as her mother Katarzyna Gasiewska was not yet married to Antoni.
Kathyjo, to answer your question, all of us who have responded here are volunteers, not employees of Polish Origins. The baptism record that Marcel posted yesterday was actually for an Aleksandra, not an Antonina, and as Dave pointed out, it was the wrong family anyway. That's genealogy for you! One puzzle on top of another, but if you're patient, you'll get there.
Sophia
Kathyjo

Replies: 7

Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:30 am      Post subject:

I wish I could read the baptism record! That’s a lot of handwritten material for one baptism.

It’s absolutely fascinating to learn about my family. I’m in tears. Thank you all so much ❤️
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:02 pm      Post subject:

Kathyjo wrote:
I wish I could read the baptism record! That’s a lot of handwritten material for one baptism.

It’s absolutely fascinating to learn about my family. I’m in tears. Thank you all so much ❤️

I will translate it for You.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
Kathyjo

Replies: 7

Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:54 pm      Post subject: Translate

Thank you!!!!!
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:38 pm      Post subject: Re: Translate

Kathyjo wrote:
Thank you!!!!!

Nr 146
Przetycz

It happened in the village of Długosiodło, on July 15th/27th 1891, at 10 a.m.
Appeared personally: Rozalia Jesionek, morgownica*, living in the village of Przetycz, 24 years old, in the presence of Jan Karolkiewicz, 38 years old and Jan Gąsiewski, 25 years old, both morgownik's*, who live in the village of Przetycz, and presented Us a female infant child, informing that the child was born yesterday, in the village of Przetycz, at 8 a.m., of Katarzyna Gąsiewska, 22 years old, unmarried laborer.
At The Holy Baptism, held today by the priest Jan Żołtowski, vicar of the Długosiodło parish, the child was given the name: Antonina, and the godparents were: aforementioned Jan Karolkiewicz and Rozalia Jesionek.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses, all illiterate, and was signed by Us.

Parson of the Długosiodło parish, serving as Civil Registrar, A. Dombrowski.

morgownik/morgownica* (male form, female form): peasant who owns small farm land area.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:57 pm      Post subject:

Nr 20
Przetycz

It happened in the village of Długosiodło, on February 10th/22nd 1892, at 10 a.m.
We make it known, that in the presence of the witnesses: Franciszek Orłowski, farmer, living in the village of Pecyna, 27 years old and Franciszek Kachel, farmer, living in the village of Plewica, a religious marriage was concluded on this day, between:

Antoni Trętowski, a single man, born in the parish of Lubiel, in the village of Olszaki, living at his parents' in the village of Stasin, 34 years old, son of spouses: Stanisław Trętowski and Marianna Trętowska nee Roicka, morgowniks

and

Katarzyna Gąsiewska, a miss, born in the village of Przetycz, living at her parents' in Przetycz, 23 years old, daughter of spouses: Stanisław Gąsiewski and Zofia Gąsiewska nee Pałubińska, morgowniks.

This marriage was preceded by the three banns of marriage, announced in the parish churches of Dugosiodło and Lubiel, on: January 26th/February 7th, February 2nd/14th and February 9th/21st of the current year.

Newlyweds declared that they did not enter into the prenuptial agreement.

Religious marriahe ceremony was performed by the priest Antoni Dombrowski, parson of the Długosiodło parish.
This act was read to the illiterate present and was signed by Us.

Priest A. Dombrowski, parson of the Długosiodło parish, serving as Civil Registrar.

Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:49 pm      Post subject:

Hi Kathyjo,
In your original post, you gave a link to Antonina’s obituary. I find it interesting that it does not provide her maiden name. It does, however, list four of her siblings, Bernard, Alex, Josephine and Rose, all still living (at the time of Antonina’s death) in Poland. Dave has already provided links for you, for the birth records of Aleksander (Alex) in 1894 and Rozalia (Rose) in 1899.

Here are links for birth records of her other siblings:

Jozefa (Josephine) in 1901, record # 159: https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0143d&sy=1901&kt=1&plik=159-162.jpg#zoom=1&x=0&y=0 There is a note in the margin of Jozefa’s birth record that says her death occurred in 1987.

Bronislaw (presumably Bernard in the obit) in 1909, record # 126: https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0143d&sy=1909&kt=1&plik=126-127.jpg#zoom=1&x=242&y=218 There is a note in the margin of Bronislaw’s birth record that says his death occurred in 1987. Very interesting to see that this record is written in Russian on the left page, and again in Polish on the right page!

Cecylia, who was not listed in Antonina’s obituary, was born in 1908 and also died in 1908. Her birth record # 85: https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0143d&sy=1908&kt=1&plik=083-086.jpg#zoom=1&x=2330&y=127
Her death record # 39: https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0143d&sy=1908&kt=3&plik=2716.jpg#zoom=1&x=329&y=153

The birth records for siblings Aleksander and Rozalia are from the parish in Długosiodło. However, the birth records for siblings Jozefa, Bronislaw and Cecylia are from the parish in Zambski, and the family’s residence is given as Gostkowo (this info from the Geneteka index) so the family must have moved at some point.

Best regards,
Sophia

P.S. I want to add one more thing. Antonina stepped onto that ship in Hamburg on December 19, 1913 and arrived in New York harbor on January 1, 1914. We are now only a few days away from December 19th, one hundred seven years later. Imagine yourself doing this, sailing the North Atlantic in December. She was one brave woman.
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:50 pm      Post subject: Naturalization Petition

Kathyjo,

The file for Antonina’s Naturalization petition was too large to be attached to my previous post. It has been reduced to less than 2MB & is attached here. Obviously it is no longer necessary to find her birth record but perhaps some of the other info may be of future use.

Dave

record-image_-1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.25 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

record-image_-1.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Origins of surnames All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: