PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 34

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:50 pm      Post subject: Help finding records for the Opar family from Steznica

I need some help figuring out where to look for late 19th century records (vital, church) for the Opar Family in the town of Stężnica (administrative district of Lisko, judicial district of Baligród, Galicia region, Austro-Hungarian Empire). Several members of the family immigrated to the United States in the first decade of the 20th century. How can I find out whether any records for that town have been microfilmed or digitized, or where I can write to request record.

Much appreciated!

Kristine

Visit poster's website
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:05 am      Post subject: Re: Help finding records for the Opar family from Steznica

ksmets wrote:
I need some help figuring out where to look for late 19th century records (vital, church) for the Opar Family in the town of Stężnica (administrative district of Lisko, judicial district of Baligród, Galicia region, Austro-Hungarian Empire). Several members of the family immigrated to the United States in the first decade of the 20th century. How can I find out whether any records for that town have been microfilmed or digitized, or where I can write to request record.

Much appreciated!

Kristine

Hello,

i just made a phone call to Sanok State Archives.
they have following church books from Stężnica parish:

romancatholic
birth records: 1872-1900
death records: 1872-1913
marriage records 1872-1924

and 1887-1901 book with some other confesion records.

Later years are available in Baligród Registry Office.

Do You want me to help You to find those records? If so you just have to tell me as much information as you can about people you are looking form.
ksmets
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:52 am      Post subject: Stężnica

Thanks so much for replying. I forgot to mention that the family in question most likely was Greek-Orthodox - my error. So the Roman Catholic will not be helpful. Otherwise I would have taken you up on your offer.
Visit poster's website
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:08 am      Post subject: Re: Stężnica

ksmets wrote:
Thanks so much for replying. I forgot to mention that the family in question most likely was Greek-Orthodox - my error. So the Roman Catholic will not be helpful. Otherwise I would have taken you up on your offer.

they have some records from other confesions, so we may try.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
ksmets
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:12 am      Post subject:

Are you near the Sanok State Archives? I don't have a lot of information about the family yet, but can give you what I have. Is this the best way to contact you?
Visit poster's website
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:05 am      Post subject:

ksmets wrote:
Are you near the Sanok State Archives? I don't have a lot of information about the family yet, but can give you what I have. Is this the best way to contact you?

please write to me at this mail address: [email protected]

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:53 am      Post subject:

ksmets wrote:

Dear Michelle,

please check Your email box. I got answer from State Archives.

wojtanowski

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:56 pm      Post subject: Re: Help finding records for the Opar family from Steznica

ksmets wrote:

Much appreciated!

Kristine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research Resources, Tools & Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: