PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 22

Post Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:45 am      Post subject:

Thank you so kindly for contacting the Archives! That was very nice of you to do that Smile

I have done a little looking (just through the indexing at Geneteka) for the Skoniecki and the Gil (Anna Szarlotta, Gotfryd Skoniecki's wife, Anna Justyna's mother) families. The surname, Gil or Giel, and Skoniecki are common in the Kujawsko-Pomorskie area. I am not familiar too much with research there, but it gives me hope to see the names more common together than in Mazowieckie.

Perhaps the Skoniecki family came to Bieżuń from the Rypin area before 1812?

Thank you for checking!

Meredith

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:30 am      Post subject:

Hi Karol,

I am just saying "hello" and checking in to see if Płock State Archives have responded to you yet. If they have not, I am in no hurry and am patient Smile.

I have gotten no further searching, though Geneteka has indexed M 1856-1910 for Bieżuń, so that is nice. I have researched all those marriage record before, but it is easier to look them up in an index, of course. What I really need, though, are the 1825-1855 church records!!! Smile

Take care, and hope you are well,

Meredith

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:42 am      Post subject:

Meredith wrote:
Hi Karol,

I am just saying "hello" and checking in to see if Płock State Archives have responded to you yet. If they have not, I am in no hurry and am patient Smile.

I have gotten no further searching, though Geneteka has indexed M 1856-1910 for Bieżuń, so that is nice. I have researched all those marriage record before, but it is easier to look them up in an index, of course. What I really need, though, are the 1825-1855 church records!!! Smile

Take care, and hope you are well,

Meredith

hello, i am still waiting for the answer. i will inform you

PAYPAL: [email protected]
Meredith

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:48 am      Post subject:

Dziękuję Ci, Karol. Hvala vam puno (Thank you very much Smile )
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:35 pm      Post subject:

Meredith wrote:
Thank you, Karol, and nice to meet you!

I do not believe that Anna Justyna is buried and recorded in Rypin books, but perhaps the earlier Skoniecki family came from that area. It is worth something to check, if I can. Gotfryd, based on his age from his children's baptism records, was born circa 1782 and his wife was born circa 1787.

They are a mystery Smile

Meredith

I got answer from Płock State Archives.

Here it is:

Archiwum Państwowe w Płocku uprzejmie informuje, że w swoim zasobie nie posiadamy ksiąg meldunkowych miasta Bieżunia z okresu XIX i XX wieku. Jednocześnie informujemy, że w aktach Kancelaria Gubernatora Płockiego odnaleziono sygn. 1310 „Lista osób, które przekroczyły granicę z Prusami w poszukiwaniu pracy – miast Bieżuń – 1891 rok.

Płock State Archives informs that in our resources there are no census records from city Bieżuń of XIX and XX century. At the same time we inform that in Płock Governor Office files there are documents: list of people who crossed the prussian border for looking for a job - City Bieżuń, 1891. Signature 1310.

I will male a phone call to Bieżuń registry office and to Bieżuń city museum and ask about those census records. maybe they have some information.

Last edited by marcelproust on Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:18 am      Post subject:

i SPOKE WITH REGISTRY OFFICE in Biezuń. they dont have any census records from 19 and early 20 century. they started to keep this kind of documents since 1970'.
they told me that they belong to the Mława State Archives. i made phone call to Mława but they told me that Bieżuń belongs to Mława Archives since 1945, earlier it belonged to płock. but as i said Płock doesy have any census records from Bieżuń only the documents i wrote earlier about people who emigrated to prussia.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
Meredith

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:48 am      Post subject:

Thank you, Karol! I am lucky to meet you as you have been so kind in helping to search.

It looks like this is not the answer we need. It must be back to the original UMZ records, I think. I cannot guess where the Skoniecki family came from, as there is no Gotfryd Skoniecki born in Biezun in the 1770s or 1780s...

Thank you, thank you very much for looking and searching for answers with the Archives . I appreciate it Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research Resources, Tools & Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: