PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 22

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:24 pm      Post subject: Kwidzyn Area Family Research

Does anyone have any experience with research in the Kwidzyn area? My Neumann, Tyszler, Wolski, and Bazner families come from the Tychnowy/Brokowo villages in that region. I have found some records through Family Search LDS and have gleaned as much as I can from them.

What pre-1870 records are available/accessible for this area, preferably online? There almost seems to be a bubble around this area, where I can find numerous parishes online north, south, east and west of Kwidzyn, but nothing close to Kwidzyn, Tychnowy, Ryjewo, Mareza, Baldram...But that may be because of my inexperience.

I have names and dates of my family, if it is helpful to know. I would love to research myself, and am just seeking information on the resources.

Thank you so kindly for any info,

Meredith

PabianAus
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 181

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:30 am      Post subject:

Meredith,

You are in luck in regard to pre-1870 historical records. The FamilySearch catalogue shows that they have microfilms for the church records of the parish of Gdańsk, Kwidzyń (Kwidzyń) from 1643-1943. Just go to your nearest Family History Centre and order the microfilms. The microfilm descriptions all indicate that the microfilms were of records held in Berlin and Augsburg, which could explain why so few are appearing on Polish genealogy websites.
To get the actual microfilm reference numbers, search for the phrase Gdańsk, Kwidzyń (Kwidzyń) at https://familysearch.org/catalog/search

Tom
Meredith

Replies: 22

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:03 am      Post subject:

Thanks, Tom. Those are the films I wrote about above (records from Family Search LDS) that I have already searched through. My family is in them -- and I have found their records as best I can within the registers available -- but they (my family) seem to disappear here and there. I suspect they originate in nearby villages that are in other local parishes (not Tychnowy). So, as I said, I'm looking for Kwidzyn area parishes. I did forget to mention they were Catholic.

Perhaps I need to look in German records/archives? I will continue to look.

Meredith

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: