PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:32 pm      Post subject: Rawluszkiewicz

Good evening,

I am hoping someone may be able to help in my quest to find my Grandfathers family.

Roman Rawluszkiewicz was my grandfather & he was born on 07/02/1908 & died in Derby in 1986 (my grandmother was Janina).

Until recently I always believed he was born in the parish Porzecze , Grodno but a recent military record and additional page show place of birth as Jeziorki Polska. (unless this has translated incorrectly)

I have with the same documentation one picture when translates via Google "to my brother love Antoni" & I have recollections of a letter being read to me signed your loving aunt (no name), who & where are these people.

I would appreciate any information and/or direction anyone may be able to provide to try to trace my grandfathers side of the family, as his life seems like so many to have started & ended in England after the second world war.

Additional Information:-
I know he named my father after his dad so that gives Ignacy as my great grandfather's first name (see attached document that has yet to be translated due to problems reading the writing)

Thank you

To be translated 1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  328.04 KB
 Viewed:  3270 Time(s)

To be translated 1.jpg

PabianAus
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 181

Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:05 pm      Post subject:

Ali,
Both are correct. Porzecze is the county in which the village of Jeziorki can be found. I attach a link to a 1927 map of the area. Jeziorki is about 10kms west of Porzecze. Also, Porzecze would have been the major town in the area and on the main train line. These are now located in modern day Belarus.
Porzecze is about 30 kms north east of Grodno.

300dpi version of the map - http://www.mapywig.org/m/WIG_maps/series/100K_300dpi/P33_S38_PORZECZE_(1927)-1932_300dpi_bcuj298233-285437.jpg
600 dpi version of the map - http://www.mapywig.org/m/WIG_maps/series/100K/P33_S38_PORZECZE_(1927)-1932_600dpi_bcuj298233-285437.jpg

Tom
Ali Gardiner

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:19 pm      Post subject:

Thank you for your reply Tom that was very kind of you & has been of great help.

I have now established my Great Grandparents names & hopefully I may be able to find some additional information.

Once again thank you for your kind assistance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: