PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 22

Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:23 pm      Post subject: Świdrowski in Skierniewice, Łódź Area

I may have found a new path in my research, but one that leads me into unfamiliar territory: Skierniewice area, Łódź Voivodeship. I do not have a specific parish as of yet, though Maurzyce, Wola-Chojnata, Łowicz, Zielona Gora are all possibilities (among others).

The family name is Swidrowski or Świdrowski and the timeframe I need to search to confirm a connection is 1790-1805. (The individual is Andreas/Andrzej Swidrowski, born circa 1799; parents unknown).

I have seen index material and/or scans for 1810-onward on Geneteka and GenBaza, but those are too “recent” for what I’m looking for. I am unfamiliar with resources for this area: can anyone help guide me in the right direction toward available resources?

Thank you so much! It is a challenge not knowing the parish, or even village candidates, so I am hoping to be able to do some preliminary searching/browsing to narrow down and target further research.

Thank you,

Meredith

Meredith Lončarić

PabianAus
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 181

Post Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:11 am      Post subject:

Meredith,
In terms of determining candidate parishes, here is a starting suggestion. (Not sure if you have already done this).
Go to the Geneteka search site.
Select the Lodzkie province.
Select the Zduny parish.
Enter Swid* in the Person: field
Enter 1895 to 1905 in the Range of years: field
Check the Exact search box
Check the Include search in nearby parishes (15 km radius) box
Hit Enter

You then get the results together with the message
The search included following nearby parishes: - łódzkie: Zduny, Złaków Kościelny [4.9km], Bąków Górny [6.8km], Złaków Kościelny - Złaków Borowy [7.8km], Łowicz św. Duch [9.9km], Sobota [10.0km], Łowicz Kolegiata [10.2km], Chruślin [10.3km], Sołek-Śleszyn [10.3km], Plecka Dąbrowa [11.9km], Kiernozia [13.2km], Bielawy [14.0km]
- mazowieckie: Luszyn [13.5km]

Hopefully that helps

Tom
Meredith

Replies: 22

Post Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:56 am      Post subject:

Hi Tom,

Yes, I've already gleaned what I can from Geneteka (and looked around to see what Metryki GenBaza holds, too) in terms of determining the range of parishes in the area. I've also put a note into the Archives at Łowicz, though I don't have much to offer in terms of specifics for them.

Lots of Swidrowski families in Zduny, Skierniewice, Maurzyce in the 1800s and currently, though this does not directly "solve" my question of whether my Andreas/Andrzej Swidrowski (born circa 1799) is among their ancestors. As I mentioned, the records available all seem to begin around 1808/1810, which is too late, so to speak, for me to make any connections. Andreas married in 1824 (age "25") and died in 1869 (age "68"), so he's born somewhere between 1795-1805, to be safe. No notion of parents (never recorded) nor siblings, save for a possible brother Jakob.

However odd it sounds, I do enjoy searching through records and would love to be able to, bit by bit, search through some local villages. It seems, though, that there aren't many if any pre-1808 baptisms online for me to search.

Thank you for your suggestion! I fear this possibility may not pan out -- yet.

Meredith

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research Resources, Tools & Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: