PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 30

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:55 pm      Post subject: Need help determining location in Poland

My great-grandparents, Frank Zelinski/Zielinski (born about 1866) and Marianna Duchewicz (born about 1868) were born in Poland (Russia). After 10 years of searching, I cannot find any documents that tell me where in Poland they were from. Frank immigrated in 1888 and Marianne in 1892, along with a daughter, Helen (born 1889). I have not found immigration records for them. According to census records (1900, 1910), they were married in 1888. Marianne died about 1910. I found a death certificate that MAY be here. If it is, it lists her father as John Michewicz and her mother as Mary Luley (Lulewich). Frank had a brother, Joseph (born about 1885), who immigrated in 1904. We think Frank died about 1921/1922. No naturalization records found either.

Any ideas on how I can proceed? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dena
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:56 pm      Post subject: Re: Need help determining location in Poland

cbuckord wrote:
My great-grandparents, Frank Zelinski/Zielinski (born about 1866) and Marianna Duchewicz (born about 1868) were born in Poland (Russia). After 10 years of searching, I cannot find any documents that tell me where in Poland they were from. Frank immigrated in 1888 and Marianne in 1892, along with a daughter, Helen (born 1889). I have not found immigration records for them. According to census records (1900, 1910), they were married in 1888. Marianne died about 1910. I found a death certificate that MAY be here. If it is, it lists her father as John Michewicz and her mother as Mary Luley (Lulewich). Frank had a brother, Joseph (born about 1885), who immigrated in 1904. We think Frank died about 1921/1922. No naturalization records found either.

Any ideas on how I can proceed? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dena

there is marriage record for Franciszek Zieliński and Marianna Duchewicz in 1886, act number 2 i Żałe parish. The record is stored in Włocławek State Archives

here is the record and translation

Nr 2

It took place in Żałe on 10 January 1886 at 4 p.m. We make it know that in the presence of witnesses Antoni Malanowski, 46 years old and Antoni Wesołowski, 20 years old, both peasants living in Balin there was concluded this day religious marriage between:

Franciszek Zieliński, single, 22 years old, born in Rusinowo, living in Balin, daylaborer, son of Jan Zieliński and Karolina Zielińska maiden name Konarska, peasants

and

Marianna Duchewicz, virgin, 22 years old, daughter of Michał Duchewicz and Zuzanna Duchewicz maiden name Petrykowska, peasants.

There were 3 premarital announcements in Żałe parish church on: 8, 15 and 22 November 1885.

There was no premarital agreement.

Wedding ceremony provided by the priest Felician Lekszycki.

Act was read to present, all illiterate, signed by us, rector of Żałe parish Felician Lekszycki.

71_388_0_165.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  601.67 KB
 Viewed:  5806 Time(s)

71_388_0_165.jpg

PabianAus
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 181

Post Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:15 pm      Post subject:

And then there is the birth record of Helena Zielinska in the same parish in 1889 (record #74). Based on my very basic understanding of Russian I can make out that the father was Franciszek Zieinski, mother Marianna, and child was Helena. This adds further evidence to the marriage record being of your g-grandparents.

Żałe (53.0256° N, 19.3107° E) lies approximately 10 kilometres south-west of Rypin and 47 km east of Toruń. Balin is about 4kms to the north east of Żałe.

Tom

Helen Zielinski Birth 1889.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  540.75 KB

Helen Zielinski Birth 1889.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:07 am      Post subject:

PabianAus wrote:
And then there is the birth record of Helena Zielinska in the same parish in 1889 (record #74). Based on my very basic understanding of Russian I can make out that the father was Franciszek Zieinski, mother Marianna, and child was Helena. This adds further evidence to the marriage record being of your g-grandparents.

Żałe (53.0256° N, 19.3107° E) lies approximately 10 kilometres south-west of Rypin and 47 km east of Toruń. Balin is about 4kms to the north east of Żałe.

Tom

Balin
Nr 74

It took place in Żałe on 17 (29 ) September 1889 at 5 p.m. Appeared Franciszek Zieliński, 25 years old, worker, living in Balin in the presence of Jan Janiszewski, 50 years old and Stanisław Duchewicz, 50 years old, both peasants living in Balin and presented us female child and said that the child was born in Balin on 16 (28 ) September 1889 at 3 (not precised a.m. or p.m.) from his legal wife Marianna maiden name Duchewicz, 25 years old. Child was baptised this day by the priest Felician Lekszycki under the name Helena. Godparents: Franciszek Kalich and Franciszka Konczyńska. Act was read to present, all illiterate, signed by the priest, rector of Żałe parish, Felicjan Lekszycki.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
cbuckord

Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:31 pm      Post subject: Balin Records

Tom and Marcel,

Thank you so much for your help. The fact that you help those of us interested in our Polish heritage is wonderful and I am very grateful.

I started my journey looking for ancestors in Poland with Zenon many years ago. He did a virtual tour of the area around Czahi and found my grandfather's baptism record along with his parents' marriage record and siblings. Since then, through relatives in Poland that I didn't know I had, his family has been traced back to the early 1730's. My mother was 9 when he died, so finding this information for her was my goal. She also wanted to know about her grandparents (Frank Zielinski and Marianna Duchewicz) and, until now, I have failed to find anything. She is 96 years old and I will see her next week. I am very excited to show her the records you found and I hope I can continue to research this family.

Words can't express my gratitude! Thank you, Dena
cbuckord

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:42 am      Post subject: Rusinowo

Can you tell me where Rusinowo is? When I try to look it up, there are several.

Also, can you tell me how I can find more records (for both Rusinowo and Balin)? I am new to looking for records in Poland and I don't really know where to start.

Thank you, Dena
PabianAus
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 181

Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:21 pm      Post subject:

I would start with the Rusinowo that is closest to your area of interest, being Rypin. In Google Search, type in Rusinowo Rypin Poland and you get the map that shows that Rusinowo is about 3 kms north west of Rypin. It would appear to be in the parish of Rypin.

I found the Rypin records in https://www.genealogiawarchiwach.pl/

A couple of guides to starting out with Polish Genealogy:
https://familysearch.org/wiki/en/Poland_Genealogy
http://www.polishroots.org/Research/tabid/58/Default.aspx
http://donhoward.net/genpoland/

Good luck
Tom

Rusinowo near Rypin.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  140.58 KB

Rusinowo near Rypin.jpg

cbuckord

Post Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:38 pm      Post subject:

Thank you, Tom. I appreciate the help, Dena
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: