PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 12:24 pm      Post subject:

That’s awesome. Because I was always told the pronunciation of the surname but never knew the actual spelling. Makes sense that it would be changed to “Huderwitz.” Let me gather a little bit of info that I can for you, making sure it’s accurate and I will repost here ASAP! Glad I stumbled upon this forum!
GHuddy42

Post Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 1:13 pm      Post subject:

This is the information I have found on my Great Grandfather. Thanks again for the help!

BCE94DC9-234F-43DB-93B5-EDB9BDCF9602.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  482.95 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

BCE94DC9-234F-43DB-93B5-EDB9BDCF9602.png

Jmecoates

Replies: 16

Post Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:08 pm      Post subject: Martin Huderewicz

I looks like there is a Marcin in Bayonne, NJ in 1899 because there are 4 children arriving to meet him
GHuddy42

Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:10 pm      Post subject:

From what I have been told and I’m not sure how accurate it is, I am 4th Generation so my GG Grandfather Martin Chuderewicz would have been our first ancestor over from presumably Poland. My father wasn’t even aware of his Great Grandmother being Antonina Markoska. So that means his grand father Frank changed our last name at some point... Have to try to piece together why that is. But we know nothing from before that. The interesting and cool first moment I had during this search was finding that birth record of him because My name is George Martin Huderwitz III. When I saw Fathers name Martin I knew it had to be right because I know my father spent his first 3 years in Bayonne and his Grandfathers name was Frank. Anyways, I want to find out as much as I can. Any helpful information or even advice on where to search and how to go about searching even if it costs some money would be much appreciated.

Thanks again!

George
GHuddy42

Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:11 pm      Post subject:

Now when you say 4 children arriving to meet him, do you mean from a “foreign” country into the States to meet him? Or possibly from somewhere else in the US? Thanks again for your help.

George
Jmecoates

Replies: 16

Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:54 pm      Post subject: arrival

GHuddy42 wrote:
Now when you say 4 children arriving to meet him, do you mean from a “foreign” country into the States to meet him? Or possibly from somewhere else in the US? Thanks again for your help.

George

For some reason I can not attach the ship manifest. There are 4 children arriving on 5/21/1899 in New York. Josepha, 16, Stanislaw, 14, Helena, 11, Casha, 8. They are traveling to meet their father Marcin Chuderowitz in Bayonne, NJ. There is a origination village. It likes like Klunow, Russia. Maybe someone on here can help figure out where that really is.

Also, there is a record for Marta Chuddowitz born to Martin and Antonina 7/9/1897

So the easiest record I have found was for Marta's birth, 1897, then Frank birth, 1898 and then the arrival of the 4 other children 1899
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: