PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:39 pm      Post subject: Help with finding a town in poland

Possibly you've have this phenomenal Wheel? Possibly you've spin within the conclusion inside the yard while using the hands brake? best complete skateboards for beginners

Possibly you've put on completely when using the plastic wheels? Have there is a skateboardwith conical wheels, wide trucks along with a kicktail? Possibly you've back pedal into extended brakeslides inside the Schwinn Stingray? Possibly you've produce a ramp in the middle of your street with cinder blocks through getting a vintage plank? Possibly you've pop wheelies?

We've old too rapidly and smart too progressively. Speaking for the boys I really like, we are not because big inside the hurry to develop up--or smarten up.

After I was 10 or 12 years of age, a grimy little kid maturing within the motorcycle shop, I hung around with--pestered is much more accurate--plenty of guys in their early twenties. Later, within my teens, I hung around with plenty of guys about 20. After I reaches my twenties, I hung around with plenty of guys about 20. Since i have have am within my thirties I am still reaching guys about 20--or even the most effective guys who think they're. two decades gone, but nevertheless exactly the same age.

If that is just arrested development ... send the maturity police to cuff us and take us away.

Almost all my circle elevated on wheels. I would not say i used to be the first wave, however may well be a large one--though not how big the following afterwards crashing in, pun fully intended.

Did we pop wheelies? Hell, we still do--and our once fringe-element has become near-mainstream.

Skatepark participation is ongoing to build up bigger than Little League enrollment. Stick and ball sports remain commonplace, but have faded within the knowledge of today's youth. Action sports heroes like Dave Mirra and Make the most of Murray are big names, and films are created about skatepunk era legends like Steve Caballero--check listings for "The Lords of Dogtown" or "Dogtown along with Z Boys."

Icons like Tony Hawk aren't certainly not pushing 40, along with a whole demographic is aging gracefully for the the the adulthood--as gracefully being an aesthetic according to baggy knee-length shorts and scuffed skate footwear enables.

Which kind of begs another question ... Why have most watercraft manufacturers steered upstream--more upscale than upstream, really--while eschewing or completely excluding the youth market?

Personal watercraft participation could be the upswing, and then we keep the big sales figures originate from big cruisers. We are also suggesting the near dearth of other pursuits for purchase makes that just as much self-fulfilling conjecture as practical request ongoing growth.

Action sports have exploded in the last decade. And watercraft manufacturers--generally, makers of playbikes, sportbikes and motocross machines to be used on land--have largely proven up at ignore that development while developing their items for the water. After they visit me question when the PWC product planners so insistent on "family fun" have kids, or even know any.

Every activity--from fishing to motocross, from tennis to tow-in surfing--requires a feeder zone, an increase of newcomers to thrive. Your personal concentrate on family fun includes the continuing editorial premise that kids are available in any age. The children are okay. The children are us. What Size Skateboard good for an 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 year old

Area of the premise inside the issue's "Best Buys" theme can be a double take at Ocean-Doo's 3D--the first all-new sport class type PWC to debut inside the extended time--which, ironically, comes from the only real watercraft manufacturer to not produce playbikes or motocross machinery within the once-parallel market.

The 3D targets the cost point and profile inside the action-sports oriented buyer. Hopefully it hits the goal that some degree of Ocean-Doo success might trigger more threes ... ignore three-seaters, however a Blaster III from Yamaha, maybe an X-3 from Kawasaki. Likely? Hardly. Not while next year's projections derive from last year's sales, which reflect mostly big cruisers--and why wouldn't they? What else maybe there's to purchase? Could be the five big skateboard industry advise an operating and untapped market segment growing?

One attractive alternative for the athletically inclined (or financially challenged) must be to pick a used machine. Harry Klemm at Group K enables us to champion the thought of second-hands watercraft that attract the type of kid who elevated within the skateboard, or possibly wakeboard, or possibly snowboard.

For the record, the Stingray is really a before time. For every motorcycle, I'd a Yamaha Moto-Bike--no under until Father finally got frustrated with welding the frame together . After he pitched it, we went motorcycle riding. Which was better--because we went riding together.

You may be the conventional rider symbolized by manufacturer spreadsheet: affluent if aging, youthful in your ideas whilst not of wallet. But you may have an internet marketer who is not--a boy or sister, a daughter ... or perhaps much more youthful friend from work or possibly the area, a potential rider who shares your want watercraft otherwise your height of discretionary earnings.

Buy that child another hands stand-up. Strengthen your brand-new neighbor choose a used runabout worth refurbishment. Bring an entirely new person for that party.

Fan the flames appealing, and feed the hubris of youth--even if it is your own. That'd become real finest score for individuals individuals who love personal watercraft ... and wheelies. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-ride-skateboard-beginners-skates-zone[img][/img][url][/url]

Last edited by lamsung on Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
herb43

Replies: 48

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:40 pm      Post subject: Re: Help with finding a town in poland

lamsung wrote:
I am trying to find this town and I am unable to locate it. The town name is on the left and also under Josefa's name. The image is from a ship manifest. Other relatives that came over also list the same town name. To me it looks like Slubice. But I am quessing that the person filling out the ship registry wrote the town name like it sounds and not like it is actually spelled in polish. The ship manifest is from 1912. Also it says that the race of the person is Polish, last pernament residence country is Warsaw, then town Slubice. Other relative record says race of person is Polish, last pernament residence is Russia, then town of Slubice. I found a town called slubice on the far western border of poland by Frankfurt but that is no where near Warsaw, and that would not have been under russian borders that far west? Or would it? Passed down stories and obituaries in the family have said that the relatives were from the Warsaw area. Which would lead me to believe that the Slubice by Frankfurt is not the right town. Any help or other places I should look for information would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2782

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:42 pm      Post subject: Re: Help with finding a town in poland

lamsung wrote:
I am trying to find this town and I am unable to locate it. The town name is on the left and also under Josefa's name. The image is from a ship manifest. Other relatives that came over also list the same town name. To me it looks like Slubice. But I am quessing that the person filling out the ship registry wrote the town name like it sounds and not like it is actually spelled in polish. The ship manifest is from 1912. Also it says that the race of the person is Polish, last pernament residence country is Warsaw, then town Slubice. Other relative record says race of person is Polish, last pernament residence is Russia, then town of Slubice. I found a town called slubice on the far western border of poland by Frankfurt but that is no where near Warsaw, and that would not have been under russian borders that far west? Or would it? Passed down stories and obituaries in the family have said that the relatives were from the Warsaw area. Which would lead me to believe that the Slubice by Frankfurt is not the right town. Any help or other places I should look for information would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,

Hi,

If you intended to post an image of the manifest, it didn’t get attached to your post. It would certainly be helpful to see the name of the town as it was written on the manifest. However, based on what you wrote, the likely village would probably be Słubice (cf. attached maps. One is contemporary, one shows the administrative divisions in 1907 and the third is of the powiat of Gostynin in 1907. Slubice is on the far right of the image.) In the first decades of the 20th Century it was in powiat (County) Gostyński of Gubierna (Province) Warszawska of the Kingdom of Poland (Krόlestwo Polskie) aka Russian Poland. It is not a suburb of Warsaw but often immigrants would use the Gubierna to identify the place where they resided in Europe much as people today use a state (in the USA) to describe where they live.

Hope this helps you somewhat.

Dave

05.Gostynski.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  126.94 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

05.Gostynski.jpg

Polska_1907_adm.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.08 MB

Polska_1907_adm.png

slubice.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  119.96 KB

slubice.JPG

herb43

Replies: 48

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:47 pm      Post subject: Help finding town in Poland

I entered Slubice Poland in Google and it came right up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C5%82ubice
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2782

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:13 pm      Post subject: Re: Help finding town in Poland

herb43 wrote:
I entered Slubice Poland in Google and it came right up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C5%82ubice

Hi,

The Google result is not for the same village as the Slubice in the Russian Partition about which I posted. That Slubice is over 1,000 km (about 650 miles) to the west of the village which was in the Russian Partition in the early 20th Century.

Dave
PabianAus
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 181

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:15 am      Post subject:

Hi
So that there can be no confusion, the latitude longitude co-ordinates for this Słubice are 52.368 N 19.938 E.
Tom
marjan1

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:54 am      Post subject:

hi
can you write more about ship manifestit? probaly also my family comes from here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: