PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:26 am      Post subject: Frysztak, podkarpackie province, once Galicia, Lwow province

When I am writing this in our Places database there are seven people (including yours truly) interested in this little town in southeast Poland: http://polishorigins.com/places/?place=frysztak&search=Search . Of course, I know there are many more descendants of people from Fryszatk out there and I know some of them personally

Although I was raised in a different town I was born in Frysztak. My first genealogy trip in 2004 included Frysztak http://www.nancy.polishsite.us/Gen5fr.htm . After that, I was there a few times with my guests. Last time was a year ago with a family of three sisters and their cousin.

It was on this last visit when I met Agata Zahuta. As we normally do during our genealogy tours we were ‘hunting’ for living relatives by engaging in conversations with local people. The problem was that the surname we were looking for is quite popular in Frysztak area. In one of the houses, a family invited us to their house, treated with drinks and sweets (If you had any doubts, this is what normally happens in the Polish countryside, people invite strangers to their houses to treat and entertain them).

Together we are trying to find family ties based on information we discovered earlier during our research in the parish office and comparing the information with what the family we visited remembered. Then one of the ladies said that her sister Agata has been working for many years on family and regional history. They called her. Agata was surprised but very excited. She decided that she would come to us from a town located about 16 miles from Frysztak.

Within less than an hour Agata arrived. We didn’t find any family connection with this family but we found later living relatives in different house thanks to Agata’s help (but this is a different story).

And then Agata told us about here passion and her book project.

I think her words translated from the attached booklet will describe best her project and mission.

The Album I present is meant to show the world which no longer exists, people from old photographs, who already are gone. More than a ten years ago I started to collect first photographs. I started with family photos. Fate made me start working in the Ruthenus publishing house where I had an opportunity to deal with old photographs every day. With time it transformed into a real passion. In my job, I was often designing books in this subject. I fell in love with it for good and there was no way out.

So the book which is being created is the result of these interests, longing for watching the old times, but foremost an attempt to returning to the days which passed. All of that by means of the old photographs.

I pass to your hands' something what is invaluable - what you cannot buy, what is ephemeral, and in danger of losing it forever - memory about people who lived before us and about places they dwelled.

The book is more a photo album than a historical monograph. Short introductions to chapters describe what is in it and give an orientation about its content. The descriptions of the photographs are based on conversations with people were born and live here till today.

Agata Zahuta”

Here you will find sample of the book with a lot of pictures of old Frysztak and its people: http://polishorigins.com/pdfs/frysztak-book.pdf

Agata hopes that the book and the whole process of publishing it will be finished soon. I told her that I would share information about her album with our English speaking readers what I hereby do.
Send e-mail
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:46 am      Post subject:

The book about Frysztak by Agata Zahuta is published Exclamation

It is entitled "Frysztak i okolice. Podróż ze stara fotografią" (Frysztak And Its Neighborhood. A Journey With Old Photographs.)

This is a hardcover book, 288 pages long, with 600 photographs and a few maps.

Chapters:
1. The Old Frysztak.
2. Frysztak's Neighborhood.
3. Quarries.
4. Uniformed Children.
5. Traces of Hitler's Headquarters.
6. Mycielski Family Life In Wiśniowa.

Link to a few photographs of the book: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3vb6syA7Zs9VDhEN1hIMmpZQ1k?usp=sharing

More details:

The photographs in most part are published for the first time. They were often found in forgotten places and now they will enjoy eyes of many people.

Through the old photographs, we move back in time to the era that has gone forever and people who passed away.

A special attention deserves unique photographs of the old railway bunker where the meeting between Hitler and Mussolini took place in 1941.

Equally interesting are photographs included in the "Uniformed Children" chapter presenting army uniforms starting from the Austro-Hungary times. Each photograph has its own story.

The publication is full of interesting stories. One of it tells about an ensign who escaped from the political prisoners' transportation train heading to Ostaszkow, Soviet Russia. After that, he returned on foot to the occupied Poland and through the many years after WWII he was hiding from Soviet government occupying Poland at that time.

If you are interested in buying the book you can contact directly with the author on her email: [email protected] or through the publisher's page: http://ruthenus.pl/main.php?podstr=sklep_opis&id_produktu=173 . (Agata assured me that she can ship the book abroad).
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: