PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 21

Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:03 pm      Post subject: Wojciech Eyswald

Any one have access to this record #34? and have it translated please. Many thanks in advance.

http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&bdm=B&w=02kp&rid=B&search_lastname=Eiswald&search_name=&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=&to_date=

Send e-mail
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:03 am      Post subject: Re: Wojciech Eyswald

Rellenbecker wrote:
Any one have access to this record #34? and have it translated please. Many thanks in advance.

http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&bdm=B&w=02kp&rid=B&search_lastname=Eiswald&search_name=&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=&to_date=

Hi Rhonda,

You can access records for Kikόł, as well as most parishes currently located in Kujawsko-Pomorskie, at https://genealogiawarchiwach.pl/ The attached image of the record is from https://genealogiawarchiwach.pl/#query.facetQuery.date=1825&query.city=Kik%25C3%25B3%25C5%2582&query.suggestion=false&query.thumbnails=false&query.facet=true&query.sortMode=DEFAULT
&goComments=false&searcher=big&query.query

The translation of the important data without the verbose formulae follows.

Date of Record: April 16, 1825
Place of Record: Kikόł
Informant: Gudlib (Gottlieb) Eyswalt, a carpenter from Brzeżno, age 51
Date & Place of Birth: April 15, 1825 at 6:00 a.m. in Brzeżno in house #5
Mother: Eufrozyna Ryelkowna(sp.?), age 25
Name of Child: Wojciech (English: Adalbert)
Witnesses to record: Michał Domzalski, age 24, & Szymon Orzechowski, age 30

Wishing you success in your research,

Dave

wojciech.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  553.32 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

wojciech.png

PabianAus
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 181

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:30 am      Post subject:

Rhonda & Dave,
Just two more small items...

The house (#5) where the child was born was Gottlieb's house.

I could not find any indication that Eufrozyna was Gottlieb's wife. The certificate simply refers to her as "Panna" = "Miss", which to me indicates that she wasn't married. Or have I missed something obvious ?

Tom
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:04 am      Post subject:

PabianAus wrote:
Rhonda & Dave,
Just two more small items...

The house (#5) where the child was born was Gottlieb's house.

I could not find any indication that Eufrozyna was Gottlieb's wife. The certificate simply refers to her as "Panna" = "Miss", which to me indicates that she wasn't married. Or have I missed something obvious ?

Tom

Tom,

I don't believe that you missed anything. The record is lacking the usual formulae which would state that Gottlieb and Eufrozyna were married and that Gottlieb was the child's father. I reached the same conclusion as you did and thus only listed Gottlieb as the informant and not as the informant and father. If Wojciech was baptized Catholic, perhaps the baptismal record would clarify his parentage. At that time in history in the Russian partition R.C. priests also acted as civil registrars for religions other than Catholic. Perhaps the person who indexed the record didn't delve deeply enough and he should bear his mother's name or perhaps Gottlieb was the father and had not married Eufrozyna---a mystery which can't be solved from this record alone.

Dave
Rellenbecker

Replies: 21

Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:22 am      Post subject: Parents of Michael Eiswald marriage record

I am starting to learn how to track down my newly-found great grandparents Michael Eiswald and Emilie Janiecka. Unfortunately, I am unable to read and understand Polish language. I have found Michael's parents Christian Eiswald and Karolina Wiese's marriage record. The translation of the page long marriage record#60 will be greatly appreciated! Many thanks!

http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=20&zs=0950d&sy=1855&kt=2&plik=060.jpg#zoom=3.25&x=143&y=564

Best regards

Send e-mail
Elzbieta Porteneuve
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 3098

Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:10 pm      Post subject: Re: Parents of Michael Eiswald marriage record

Rellenbecker wrote:
I am starting to learn how to track down my newly-found great grandparents Michael Eiswald and Emilie Janiecka. Unfortunately, I am unable to read and understand Polish language. I have found Michael's parents Christian Eiswald and Karolina Wiese's marriage record. The translation of the page long marriage record#60 will be greatly appreciated! Many thanks!

http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=20&zs=0950d&sy=1855&kt=2&plik=060.jpg#zoom=3.25&x=143&y=564

Best regards

Hi,

Here it is.

Best,
Elzbieta
==

http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=20&zs=0950d&sy=1855&kt=2&plik=060.jpg#zoom=3.088770053475936&x=0&y=564
Rumunki Brzeźno
Gnojno
Dzialo sie na Rumunkach Wola, dnia /8/20/ listopada, roku 1855, o godzinie wpol do piatej po poludniu. Wiadomo czynimy, ze w przytomnosci swiadkow Krystyana Lemke, gospodarza z Romunkow Brzeźno, lat 44 lioczacego, nie krewnego, lecz dobrze znajacego osoby nowozaslubione, i Piotra Wiese, gospodarza z Gnojna, stryja nowozaslubionej, lat 50 liczacego, na dniu dzisiejszym zawarte zostalo religijne malzenstwo miedzy Krystyanem Eiswald mlodzianem, urodzonym na Rumunkach Brzeźno, z Bogumila i Anny z Mejerow, malzonkow Eiswald, juz zmarlych, komornikiem tamtejszym, rok 39 konczoncym; i Karolina Wiese, panna, urodzona w Podolszycach pod Płockiem, z Marcina Wiese juz zmarlego, i zony tegoz Wilhelminy z Deringow, obecnie zameznej Drewke, przy ojczymie gospodarzu w Gnojnie zostajaca, rok 22 konczaca. Malzenstwo to poprzedzily 3 zapowiedzie w dniu /9/21/ pazdziernika roku biezacego w niedziele, i dwoch po tym dniu nastepujacych niedzielach w domu modlitwy na Rumunkach Wola jak w glownym p? Parafii ewangelicko-augsburskiej Osiek nad Wisla, do ktorej nowozaslubiona nalezy, niemniej w dniach tychze w kosciele ewangelicko-augsburskim Lipnowskim, jako w parafii nowozenca. Tamowanie nie zaszlo. Nowozency oswiadczaja, iz nie zawarli umowy przedslubnej. Akt ten stawajacym i swiadkom niepiszacym przeczytany.
X Henryk Tochtermann
//
It happened in Rumunki Wola, on / 8/20/November, 1855, at 4:30 pm. We make it know that in the presence of Krystyan Lemke, farmer from Rumunki Brzeźno, 44, who was not a relative, but a well-known to the newlywed, and Piotr Wiese, farmer from Gnojno, an uncle of the bride (from father’s side) 50, today has been concluded religious marriage between Krystyan Eiswald, a young man born in Rumunki Brzeźno, son of Bogumil(=Gotlieb) and Anna née Mejer, spouses Eiswald, already dead, farmer tenant, 39 years; and Karolina Wiese, Miss, born in Podolszyce near Płock, daughter of Marcin Wiese, already dead, and his wife Wilhelmina née Dering, now spouse Drewke, staying with her step-father, farmer in Gnojno, 22. This marriage was preceded by the three banns on the day of 9/21 / October of the current year on Sunday, and the two following that day Sundays at the prayer house in Rumunki Wola as also in the main p? of the Evangelical-Augsburg Parish of the Osiek on the Vistula, to which the bride belongs, however, in those days also in the Evangelical-Augsburg Church in Lipno, the parish of the groom. No obstruction to marriage. No prenuptial agreement. This act was read to the standing and witnesses.
X Henryk Tochtermann
==
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: